Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-09-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
I am calling this our first ride, since we getting on the water for 30 mins Valentines day was more of a dare, and we couldnt feel our body.. But we took a trip to a near by lake this weekend and fought some 21 mph winds, but still had a blast.. And even managed to knock of a little rust, and grab a few shots.. Just thought Id share a few.. If you want to see them all, there is a short gallery at...

http://www.blackwaterrydas.com/images/Chicot%20Camping%20Trip%20-%20March%20'09/index.html

You may have to copy and paste url

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by lyle on March 09, 2009)
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-09-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Dang that water even looks cold!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-09-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
Nice pics...what did you think about your new ride?
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-09-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Loren, Im lovin the S4, rides like a dream... Cant wait to get a little better, and warmer, water to really feel her out..
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-09-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
3rd pic-that's how spins are done.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-09-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
I agree Darren. I can't spin like that but I wish I could. For me it is so unnatural to pull your knees up like that. It seems like our natural tendency to rotate faster is to become more straight lined (think platform divers...they pull in their arms and legs into a pencil). Doing them like above makes them look much better, and I guess grabbing them would obviously help.

Any other tips on spinning like that?
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-09-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
nice shots, whats with the grumpy dude with the finger
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-09-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
when you gunna let the little guy ride? lol cant wait till my Godson can ride but he's only 6months old now...

where can i get a supra sticker like that for my truck?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2009, 6:09 AM Reply   
CZimerman, I can't wait for him to...hes 7 mo's right now....I got the sticker from my dealer...i was actually sent the wrong sticker for replacement on my boat but they told me to keep it and throw it on something, I think it may be a sticker for a 20ssv...its smaller than the one on my 21v...
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
Stew, It was a fisherman on a dock. We were apparently messing up his fishing... Not sure how though, we were a long ways off, not to mention, he was on a fixed dock.. anyway, I snapped the picture real quick as we were passing by.. Possibly my favorite of the trip..
Old     (wviveen)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-10-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
were did you get the ronix cap ?
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-10-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
Willem-Jan, wakeside has that hat.

http://www.wakeside.com/product/clothing/mens/hats_beanies/ronix+alloy+new+era+hat+2009.do
Old     (garman)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-11-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
Chicot had to be cold in Feb!! It is still freezing right now! I hear they are going to drop the lake 6ft this Summer. That won't be good for water sports, but since I've often wished that the lake have a beaching area, I guess it will be so.. all around!!!

I'd love to see y'all ride sometime. I'm less than an hour away so we usually stay on the Ouchita, but I'd try to head over to Chicot if we knew y'all were riding. We've camped at the State Park several times, but if they drop the lake this summer, it may be too shallow in too many places.

Nice pics!
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2009, 9:49 PM Reply   
Hey Chad, It was still real cold!! where do you ride on the ouachita? We usually go to Moro Bay alot during the summer...we usually hit chicot up early in the summer...shallower = warmer huh? lol....Ya thats gonna be too low this summer..unless you stay on the greenville end of the lake...We'll prolly be headed over again sometime soon so I'll try to keep you posted
Old     (okn)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-12-2009, 3:57 AM Reply   
hey guys cool pix really but where's that?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2009, 6:09 AM Reply   
These were taken at Lake Chicot, an oxbow lake off the Mississippi River...its in southeast arkansas close to the town of Lake Village.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-12-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Chad where do you live?
Old     (garman)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-12-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
I live in Crossett. We typically just head down to the river and find a quiet stretch. I've not made the run up to Moro Bay, about half way is as far as we go. We sometimes head south and lock through and since the sand bars are better down river, we'll probably spend more time down there this summer. The hurricanes screwed the river up last summer and cut our river trips out sooner than I like by cooling it down and muddying/junking it up. We are usually still going out in the early part of October. Since my son is starting to enjoy boarding and wants to learn an invert this summer I hope the river gets right soon. Chicot will warm up sooner though. We aren't hardcore but do enjoy boarding a lot. My wife would let me pull her all day!! She's never went W2W but came close a few times. I W2W and do 180's and such, but nothing much past that. We just have fun! My oldest son is a natural and would do great with a little instruction from someone that could show and tell him... I'm not the one! Maybe I'll run into y'all one day.. I don't think I would not recognize your boat!
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
Cool chad....your wife sounds like our wives, lol...ya moro bay is definitely our choice if possible, smooth water all day! maybe we'll run into you one day we'd sure be willing to help out....and you'll recognize my boat...folks around here call it the spiderman boat aka the red brick supra, lol...
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-13-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
For sure Chad!! Hopefully we will see yall, We would be more than happy to show your son a few tips to stomping out his first invert!