Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-17-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
anyone ride any of them yet? i was at the boat show in chicago and they had 2
Old     (centurion_greece)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-23-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
any news?
Old    surfdad            01-23-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
I could be wrong, but I understood those were prototypes and they are not available at retail.

I've heard a "rumor" that that Ronix will offer a wakesurf this season, but I also heard that same rumor before LAST season. :-)

From Surf Expo:

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=469&ImageID=315
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-23-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
I saw a couple of them at the Austin boat show this past weekend. They weren't the nice glassed real surfboard ones like the pic Jeff posted. They were similar to Hyperlite Landlock in construction, only smaller and black. Probably the same ones that ifinallygota21v mentioned. I agree with Jeff, I think the one in the pic is not avail at retail at this time... but you never know...
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-23-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
they are available and i bought the 5'4" stage. i wish i had it so i could take a pic but it was the only one at the show so they didnt want to part with it then. it was between that one and the broadcast. the ronix looks super easy to ride (plus the proshop gives a performance guarantee if i dont like it)
Old    surfdad            01-23-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
I'm confused. Do you have the board in your hands now?
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-23-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
no sounds like he means that they still wanted it with them on display for the boat show and it will be his after otherwise no one else could see it on display while at the show.
Old    surfdad            01-23-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
Right...but the Chicago boat show wrapped up on the 20th, so I was wondering if he's taken delivery of it yet or will he this week or...? Or do I have the dates wrong?
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-23-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
They have 2 models at Performance ski and surf..
http://www.perfski.com/Wakeboards/Wakesurfers
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            01-23-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
Thanks for the link Robbie - say hi to your family for us...I see that Perf updated their site and it says the boards are now shipping!
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-23-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
hello to your family as well ! I'm wondering about the construction though.. the prototype had a stringer but this one doesn't? anyone know how they are made? The Stage looks a lot like the HL Landlock shape.. similarly built I presume? The information isn't too specific about either board, and nothing is on the Ronix website.. It's becoming a trend to have traditional type surfboards from the main manufacturers though, CWB has a new wakesurfer, the razr ..as well as LF's Custom line

(Message edited by wakesurf_ohio on January 23, 2008)
Old    surfdad            01-23-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
The prototype in the picture above was a stringered EPS or PolyU - I can't imagine that Ronix would mass produce in that fashion. I know that LF was making a huge deal out of the Custom line being hand shaped (in the sense that it came out of a machine and someone hand finished it). These pictures look like popouts - much easier and cheaper to mass produce.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-23-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
that is what i was thinking..
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-23-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
I picked them both up at the boat show. Both had the same construction as the Landlock - popout. The stringered board in Jeff's pic from SurfExpo has to be a prototype for display or something... looks cool though...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-26-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
One of my friends surfed at Radar on a prototype back in september, ill try to find the picture he had of it
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-26-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
Sorry, it wasn't september, it was early august.

He also said it was the sickest surf he has ever been on, and he spent all summer on a Custom.

Upload
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
The production models look like regular HL wakeboard cruisers shaped like wakesurf boards.

Caleb, your friend on the custom, was that a real custom wakesurf board or are you referring to the LF custom?
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-27-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
I'm eyeing a board just like that one. Just curious on the dimensions of that white board mainly length, width, thickness and the amount of tail rocker.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
Im refering to the LF Custom
Old     (chaus21)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-13-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
I picked up a caption at Performance this past weekend and had a ball with it. That board is a ton of fun.
Old     (chadgreg)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-21-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
I bought the Caption a few weeks ago and we've had lots of fun with it. This is the only wakesurf board I have ridden so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I would like to try a board with more buoyancy.
Upload
Old     (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       05-21-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Just bought a Stage, But I am one of those guys that spends 98% of my time on a wakeboard and surfs when it is blown out.

I hope it works out I plan to use it to start teaching my 5 year old to surf.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-21-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
This board is a great option and won't set you back as much. I got mine on ebay (new) for $270ish. 4'6 retro twin fin fish, epoxy, with fcs (? i think) fins.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
what's up george? you going to be at the o' on saturday. if so, i'll see ya there.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-21-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Sorry I meant 5'6