Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-25-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
As everyone might already know, Ohio's first cable park is being build in Cincinnati OH. It is scheduled to open on in the Spring of 2009. If you haven't already heard about it, check out the website at www.wakenation.com Also, if you know anything else that the website doesn't already tell, please post it!

Not only is that good news, but I just picked up a brochure at my local skate shop just off the Ohio State campus for "Ohio Dreams Action Sports Camp". I got to reading it a bit, and it mentioned that it had something to offer for wakeboarders also! The brochure doesn't say much about it, but the website does. It looks like they are going to have two boats (not sure what kind), and a pro shop... judging by the pictures on the website, it looks like they must have some kind of winch or something because they are riding in a swimming pool. If anyone else knows more about this, post!

Check it out:http://www.ohiodreams.com/training/wakeboarding.html
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-25-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
I don't have anything to add to this but both of those sound great.
Old     (zink)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
anybody been out in ohio yet ? I'm looking at april 12 maybe 5th ....
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-25-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
I couldn't wait and drove down to Norris about a week ago. As soon as we get into the 60's air temperature I'll get in the water. Maybe this Friday if it doesn't rain?
Old     (zink)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
thats awesome.... did u get any pics at norris
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-25-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
No we forgot to bring a camera, but we took a couple from are phones. I'm not sure how to post them from my phone, and my buddies is at the bottom of the lake.
Old     (zink)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
that sucks ( about the phone)... congrats on the early start.... fri. forecast said 49 and rain and that also sucks....
Old     (zink)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
has anyone had any luck with a kodak disposable waterproof camera
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-25-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
AWESOME! Now we need one in Michigan. Maybe an indoor one for the winter...ya know one with one of those big air filled tents they put over golf places. Just an idea.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-25-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Somehow got out March 31st last spring, don't see it happening this time. Air definitely needs to be high 50s to low 60s after getting out of just thawed water.
Old     (apeljax000)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-25-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
My buddies and I are ridiculously stoked about the cable park in Cinci! I have ridden a few times at OWC and had a blast but it is going to be a lot cheaper to make the 2 hour drive south instead of going all the way to Florida. I am ready to get on the water as soon as any brave soul puts their boat into the Scioto. I have been hitting an indoor tramp weekly all winter and am pumped to see how the workouts translate to the water!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-25-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
My buddies and I in WI are ridiculously stoked for the cable park in Cinci!

One thing I can say about Ohio, the guys involved in the wake side of things are ridiculously professional and organized, it's definately a force in the midwest.
Old     (vlxjosh)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
Where will it be located in Cincy? Anyone know?
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-26-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Mason, Ohio?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-26-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
I will make the 2 hr drive every darn day! Indy's should have taken notice of how this was done.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-27-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
can you use your snowboard at the cable park in the winter?
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
A-Dub thats what I like to hear... luckily I'll only have to make an hour and a half drive........every day