Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    lakesideluver            06-17-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
alright folks, i ride behind a 24ft arriva with a 454 engine, with a little trim up and some weight in it it kicks a knee size wake but the problem is it isnt a smooth wake it has a lot of whitewash, any suggestions? sometimes i ride behind an xstar and you all know how sic that is......smoothest or do i have to live with this till i have forty grand to blow? ya never lol
Old    mattameo            06-17-2003, 9:56 PM Reply   
try putting weight in the front
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-17-2003, 10:01 PM Reply   
Do you have a Dolfin on it? Or is the bottem in rough shape? Both will contribute slightly to whitewash. You can like Matt said add weight in the front, or if you only have people, move them around and you should at least be able to get one nice wake.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2003, 11:21 PM Reply   
also you can try bumping up the speed a bit and like the others have said add weight or move weight to the front. If its washing on just one side then youll need to move weight to one side to fix it, oh yea dont forget perfect pass for that monster, id think it would be more important the bigger your boat gets since its hard to manually keep it at a constant speed but a computer can.
Old    lakesideluver            06-17-2003, 11:38 PM Reply   
how much does perfect pass cost? and what is a dolphin?
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-18-2003, 6:15 AM Reply   
Also play with the trim, not just all the way up. Ours washes out at no trim, gets clean at about 2/3 then washes out again. Play with different scenarios. PP helps a TON, I have read post here from between 800-1200 for PP Wakeboard Digital Pro.
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-18-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
Mike,
I think Jeffrey meant Doel fin. Basically it's 2 triangle pieces of rubber (shaped like a shark fin) that mounts on your cavitation plate. Greatly helps in planing the boat sooner as well as causing downward force if the leg is trimmed. Downside is that it reduces top end speed.

But for wakeboarding, who cares how fast the boat can go :-)

Trash
Old    lakesideluver            06-18-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
can anyone tell me how much a doel fin is? and wheere to find one? thanks bros
Old    leggester            06-18-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
Any on-lnie store ( Overton's, Ski Limited ... ... ) will have the doel fins and similar devices. Usually under $60.00.

Also, Walmart will usually have them in the fishing/boating section.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2003, 11:17 PM Reply   
i as well as others have noticed with the fin your wake will get smaller though but on a 24' monster it might not matter as much?? The object of the fin IS to decrease plane times (force the stern out of the water) and decrease gas usage (get on plane on top of the water quicker), wakeboarding is just the opposite-you want the butt of the boat (stern)sunk in so youll throw a wake