Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (fink)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-19-2010, 6:54 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

I'll get right to it. Are Woodworks wakeskates any good (cuz their website seems kinda sketchy)? Where can I buy Oak Wakeskates cuz on their website I can't seem to find a link to a store or something like that?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
the 2010 Oaks are not out yet. I have know clue when they will be ready.

woodworks skates are solid. the website might not be the best, but the boards speak for themselves. You can call them up and order a custom shape, concave, color, weight, rocker, whatever. and one thing that sets them apart from other wakeskate companies is that there boards are available now.
Old     (fink)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-20-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
the 2010 Oaks are not out yet. I have know clue when they will be ready.

woodworks skates are solid. the website might not be the best, but the boards speak for themselves. You can call them up and order a custom shape, concave, color, weight, rocker, whatever. and one thing that sets them apart from other wakeskate companies is that there boards are available now.
So can I have like a custom graphic made cuz on their website there are ZERO features for choosing graphics? Would I just call them and they will create some kind of graphic on?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
im not 100% positive about what they are doing for graphics, but im sure they can make it happen for you. just call them up for questions about custom orders.
were do you live because you might have a shop near you that sells woodworks?
Old     (fink)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-20-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
lol. I love in Ontario. there aren't too many wake sport shops near my house :P
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
since you are in canada check out Sattelyte wakeskates. They are a Canadian company and used to sell in the US but now they dont. I wish they still sold them in the US because my 07 Sattelyte was my favorite wood deck ive ridden. it was well abused and is still holding up today being ridden by my bosses son in south dakota. i dont know if their 2010 product is ready, but i would give them a call and find out.

sorry for probably confusing you. haha. i just want to make sure you get on a skate that will last and made by people that love wakeskating.
Old     (fink)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-20-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
thanks man. I'll take a look at them. where i buy from isn't really an issue for me. US or Canada. if the board is good, i'll buy from there. but i really like the sound of woodworks wakeskates just cuz they can make a custom board for a good price. have you (or anyone you know) ever had a chance to use a woodworks wakeskate before?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fink View Post
have you (or anyone you know) ever had a chance to use a woodworks wakeskate before?
Yeah. I've ridden about 3 different woodworks skates. i was really impressed with them(boards and company) and I'm now going to carry them in the shop i work at. for $230 it can't be beat
Old     (fink)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-20-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
thats awesome. yeah the $230 price tag isn't too bad. also, are wakeboard shoes necessary? is so, what do you think of the reef III byerly vs. nike 6.0 air zoom cush wake? and lastly, you think a 39 - 40 inch board would be good for someone like me (6' 1'', 180 lbs.)?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fink View Post
are wakeboard shoes necessary?
i would not recommend wakeboard shoes. wakeskate shoes work pretty well, but any skateboard shoe with not too much padding will work well. really padded shoes absorb lots of water and get heavy. i wear Vans chukka lows and they work great. i like a thin vulcanized sole.

i think if you went with a 40" you would be pretty safe.
Old     (ejazzle)      Join Date: May 2009       03-21-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
woodworks are now by far my favorite board. It is the most responsive and most easily controlled wood board I have ever ridden. And with the epoxy/ wood that they use, it is gonna be hard for me to break one of these things. Send me an email at Ejazzle44@aol.com and we'll talk about some boards. exact specs you want and graphic etc.
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-26-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
do the wood ones get destroyed hitting rails? or do they hold up well?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-26-2010, 9:14 PM Reply   
besides integrity skates, wood board seem to last longer hitting rails i think. poorly made compression molded skates will explode if you hit the rail of the board against something and the foam inside the board acts like a big sponge and soaks up all the water and never rides the same.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-30-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
about the shoes you where asking about ^^ i havnt worn the reefs, but i wakeskate in those nikes you where asking about, they rock for it, the hold pretty much no water, and are super comfortable and one of the main reasons i like them, is because where i winch, lots of sand a debris get in normal shoes, very little gets in those when you tie them tight. . they run big though. so if you order them online. size down. i wear an 11 in vans, and in the nike 6.0 air zoom cush, i wear a 10 with them being a little big still.