Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2010, 5:47 AM Reply   
I am going to get a Slingshot 2009 recoil for the new season.

Im upgrading from a hyperlite motive with obrian clutch bindings.

I would say my ability is beginner/intermediate.

I am trying to decide between the 2008 floyds and the d2s. I know that the floyd is softer and has more flex but im not sure what it is that I need or want!

What is better- soft or hard bindings? I know the D2 has a removable heel support so that there is a bit of adjustment.

Anyone owned both and prefered one over the other?
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
haven't really tried one of them but i just got myself the D2 bindings with the 2010 Response (incoming). i decided on the stiffer boots as my right ankle was just in a cast last June.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-21-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
You might want to read this thread first.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777676
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-21-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
^ Yeah, Slingshot has a quality product, but its new customer service team, which hasn't been in place long, doesn't appear to be doing a great job thus far.
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Ive seen that thread but as im inporting them to the uk muself i would void any warranty unless i shipped back to the states.

Anyone had both floyds and D2's?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-23-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Why would you buy anything that has a proven history of breaking when you are guaranteed to not have any warranty? Their boards are one thing, but it seems pretty common for their boots to fail.

You know you don't have to put SS boots on a SS board, you can mix and match, and get something with a warranty. The board will flex just fine with another company's boots. Just my take on the matter...
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
I know what you mean. The more i read the more other bindings appeal to me. But what tho. The 2010 audios look sick!
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 4:04 PM Reply   
are all the 08 PBs and D2s guaranteed of breaking after a few uses? are they that bad?
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-23-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
No they arnt i had d2s before my d3s and I never had any issues with them
Old    jonklein            03-23-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
I would roll with the 08 D2's there gonna be the best.

But very soon the new boots are coming out and there gonna be sick. Just a couple more months

Stick with slingy its the futrue!!
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 10:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTEX View Post
No they arnt i had d2s before my d3s and I never had any issues with them
glad to hear that!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2010, 11:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonklein View Post
I would roll with the 08 D2's there gonna be the best.

But very soon the new boots are coming out and there gonna be sick. Just a couple more months

Stick with slingy its the futrue!!
couple more months? couple? months with an s? i hope it is soon. i am getting very anxious to see 'em. im gona get either d3 or the new RADs depending on what fits best.

----------------

as for the d2 boots, i have gone 2 seasons on mine and no major issues. a small hole is wearing above my big toe on one of the liners. (keep your toe nails clipped hehehe) no crazy issues like the thread above. but just about ever company has had a customer with a major breakdown of a boot like that at one time or another.
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Hate to upset you guys but the a distributer says there will be no 2010 boot instead a 2011 launched around October using the burton rail system??

Any truth in this?
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-24-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
...months ago i asked andrew adams in an email for the rad's release date and he answered that they will come out in march ... haha :-| well maybe he meant at the end of april ...but the LF Ltd. ones aren't released yet as well, so don't worry =)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-24-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
I've had D1s/D2s/PB Floyds

D2s were my favorite. The floyds are nice but with only one lace I felt they didn't get as tight as my D2s could. After a year of use my D2s were so broken in they are absolutely perfect... I got new PB floyds and ended up going back to the D2s and just re-sold the Pb Floyds.

My vote would by the D2
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-24-2010, 10:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showmethebutter View Post
Hate to upset you guys but the a distributer says there will be no 2010 boot instead a 2011 launched around October using the burton rail system??

Any truth in this?
is this a statement or a question, sorry but i am having a little trouble with the choice of words and tone.
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 3:14 AM Reply   
its a statement that I myself am questioning hence the question marks.

Has anyone else heard this?
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-28-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
@tom, no i haven't heard s.thing like this...however, would be really sad...

but i have another question to you guys (didn't want to open a new thread for that, so i hope you don't mind...)
i'm considering to get a response 2010, but i'm not sure with the bindings... I def. want some 2010 stuff... thought of the soven, but heard that they are more soft in relation to the watsons and shanes? which LF ct boot would be best with the response?
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-28-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
I can not confirm or deny when the boots are coming out. I have seen the new rail system on the proto type and its really awesome. I dont know if this is going into production but its sweet.

The new boots are also going to be amazing they are building on the idea of the RAD boots you might of seen and making them better after some team testing.

I ride in the d2s and love them they are really the best boots on the market to date. Who cares what year they came out? If they do the job right and thats too keep my little happy feet on the board when im nose pressing everything in sight.
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-29-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showmethebutter View Post

Any truth in this?

few days ago i wrote an email with this topic to slingshotkiteboarding.com.au... the answer came today (thanks for that quick answer!!)

"We will see the release of the next generation of Slingshot bindings in July
this year and they will be the 2011 version. There will be no 2010
Slingshot Wake Binding.
Watch the media around July for the product release for 2011.
Hope this helps.
A"

so, seems like you are right tom!

@DirtyCracker, yes, you're actually absolutely right, the release date does not as long as they fit well.... hm, however, I just thought of having the newest "technology" would be nice...

Last edited by rapha; 03-29-2010 at 8:59 AM.