Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-21-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
Does your wife carry a handgun? and if so, what kind?

Thinking of getting mine something to keep in her car (not CHL'd yet). She's said she doesn't want anything "girly" and not particularly looking for anything sub-sized. preferably 9mm or .40 s&w.

on a somewhat related note, does anyone have any experiences w/the FNX-9/40's? Maybe I could replace my XD40 w/an FNX-40 and give her my XD....
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
We have a LCP that we'll both carry. It's .380 but I'm sure that enough to upset anyone's day hit by it. She finds the trigger pull a bit tough and is not that accurate beyond 25ft, but for a CC that is fine. She does prefer Taurus 24/7 Pro compact in 9mm, way more accurate with that and further out. But there is quite a size difference. I'm sure we'll end up getting her a revolver as her permanent CC and the Taurus for the range.

I really like the LCP, tucks away anywhere even in short pockets. Totally forget I'm carrying it at times.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-21-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
We don't carry, but have both taken the course and shoot during certain times of the year. We were newb's to guns until a couple of years ago. I would like to carry, but b/c of my job, I cannot so I feel it would not become second nature to have the weapon. Anyway, we have looked at several weapons and rented some too. She tried the LCP and it was not comfortable (along with some others), plus all the 380 stuff is expensive and hard to find. If you don't/want to shoot, you'll never get good with it. That's when we tried a Glock G26. It's a 9mm, fit her hand well and was easy to shoot. We had planned to get one and maybe still will. It's just on hold for little while. I would highly suggest having your wife try the G26. It's a subcompact and called the "Baby Glock", but is still big enough for me to comfortably shoot. Sounds like it's right up her/yours alley.

http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

Oh, I should probably say that I am not a Glock kool-aid drinker. I have several brands. Good luck on your pistol purchase.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-21-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
Wifeys gun is on tyhe bottom right. Sick little 38 special. No hammer so it doesn't get caught up on purse when pulling out.
Attached Images

Old    SamIngram            10-21-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
We both carry one of these:

Kel-Tec PF9 9mm

and one of these:

Sig P239 SAS DA/SA .40

We carry the Kel-Tec's in our vehicles (including the boat), and carry the Sig's on our persons at all times.

I just bought a John Ross .500, because there is a little bit of Henry Bowman in all of us, but haven't been able to fire it yet.

Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-21-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Riley, i REALLY want one of those CX4's. is yours a 9 or .40?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-21-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
My wife carries a hammerless S&W .357 model 60 like Riley's wife.

She also has an H&K .40 that she carries in a shoulder holster sometimes.
Attached Images

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-21-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
Since you said she was not looking for anything sub sized, I was going to suggest nearly the same as Akadirtbikindad. I shoot a Glock 19 and am a pretty big fan of it. It's pretty much between the G26 and full size G17 (all 9mm).

Riley, are those all CA legit?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
My god. My wife is dangerous enough with her car, glad we don't carry here.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-22-2010, 3:50 AM Reply   
lol Ralph
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Your Guy's wife's actually pack those around?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-22-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
If not wearing, its in her purse or baby stroller, she won't leave the house without. Don't mess with little redheads.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-22-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Yeah that CX4 is awesome! It's the .40

My stuff is totally CA legit
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-22-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Yes my wife carry's as well, I would hate to see the guy that tries to F with her.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-23-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
Man maybe I need to be somebody's wife. I never leave home with my Walther P22... I used to have an XD40 but damn for as much as I shoot it was getting crazy expensive. I can shoot my P22 for weeks on a few bucks. I never plan to shoot anybody but dammit if I'm at the zoo and a tiger gets out I might want to throw rocks instead.
Name:  walther_p22_3.4.jpg
Views: 2523
Size:  30.4 KB
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-24-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Wow... I'm pretty sure my wife has never even held a gun.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-24-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
glock 19