Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    cabalisticfire            07-14-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
A. Start with board on surface, heels on board (wakeskate style)
B. Start standing on board under water
C. Start with nose pressed on swim platform
D. Start on knees
E. Start sitting on board
F. Start lying on board, drop rope before standing
G. ???

My personal favorite is F since it's most like actually surfing.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-20-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
G. standing on swim step jump out and onto board just as boat takes off and line gets tight.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
i tryed C yesterday and it was pretty cool.
Old     (brettazopha)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-29-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
C is fun but it's a good way to ding your board. Just have to be carefull. F would be cool too but would you get back into that whole teak surfing issue?
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-29-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
my boards pretty durable, F is tuff, you can pull it off using the handle but it takes alot out of you.

i mostly start wakeskate style.
Old    hardy            08-07-2004, 1:53 AM Reply   
G. Start with tail pressed on swim platform

http://www.greenroom.de/wake/wb_pics/fstartsurf.MPG
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-13-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
I have a friend who has pulled off F twice now. The first time he took on alot of water, but the second time he was more on the back of the board.

What we did was: he started out about 20ft off the boat, pulled himself into the wake and then throw the rope to the other side of the wake. Then when he felt it, he balanced and popped up. Another trick to help him we go a little slower than normal until he gets up. Not talking too much slower just 2000-4000 RPMs slower is all, but he claims it makes it easier.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-14-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
you mean 200-400 RPM, 2000-4000 rpm is the difference of like 18mph and 40mph
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-14-2004, 9:37 PM Reply   
thanks for the correction Phil. I never realized that. I thought mine was times a thousand on the dial. Oh well. I hope everyone could figure out what I meant.
Old    sleepyz            08-15-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
g..i hung on to deck dropped in on my bellie then stood up.
Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-27-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
I know some guys who stand on the platform with board in hand and when the wake sets up the jump out to the wake and in the air slide the board underneath them. They have come close to making it several times. They usually put to much weight on the front foot on their landing and sink the nose or too little and the back foot and drift out but they'll have it soon.
Old    grizzle            09-08-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
For the skim boarders...
Get the boat going parrallel to the shore about 15' from the end of the dock, and have the rider run down the dock, throw the board into water and skim out into the wake as the boat goes by. We had Drew Daniello come very close to pulling this off one afternoon.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
A

but i've been trying to get my friend to try C, looks really sweet. I wish I could try, but my season is done :-(