Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I've been wakeboarding for 2 summers, but summer 06 was behind a Polaris 750 so I don't really count it. Anyway, my family was looking into purchasing a MC x-2 when it became apparent to us that at the time we did not have the money to shell out. Our alternative ended up being a SeaRay 185 Sport w/ wakeboard package and 4.3 Merc I/O. After a season riding behind the searay I am beginning to wonder if my inability to go as big as other riders behind MC's (there are 2 x-80s that are regulars at the bay with us) and other inboards is due to the wake that the sea ray throws. I've tried everything from trim to speed to rope length and I still can't get a consistent wake and a decent pull. We have 90 hours on the boat and are seriously considering upgrading for next season because we now have the money we lacked at the beginning of this season. Keep in mind I can land pretty much any grab, HS and TS 360s, and frequently land on my head during backrolls =p, in short, what boat do you think is the best upgrade for someone looking to take their riding up a level, while not killing the wallet. Keep in mind I am in saltwater, stainless steel is preferred. Thanks
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2007, 10:08 PM Reply   
I will post pictures of the wake tomorrow around 6 EST after we go out
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
dont know how big of a wallet do you have to kill?
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       09-18-2007, 11:48 PM Reply   
i would go back to checking out the X-2 its a badass boat!
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
we are looking at the x-2, what other boats would be comprable to that from other brands?
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Malibu VLX is a tad bigger but a good option.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
Sanger V210 or V215
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
I checked out an 06 VLX and it was pretty nice, and malibu uses all stainless steel right? The boat is going to be used in saltwater all the time (but trailered) so its important to me that has mostly stainless components. I'm very anal about the care of my boats and jetskis, Always wash, always flush etc. So I'm not sure how much having another metal would really be effected.. I'd still prefer the stainless steel though. The only thing that turns me off about the MC x-2 is the dealer in my area is a complete dick, so my dad is less than thrilled in shelling out big money to him when he has done nothing but treat us like dirt
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
aren't most MC dealers. I think they are all that way because they charge so much for their boats and they think they can treat you anyway they want. Even though i do like Mastercrafts i would never buy one just because of the way they treat you.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-19-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
Id Disagree Ken, where I live there is an awesome mastercraft dealer that treats you very well (top 50 best boating dealers in the country). Id say its dealer specific. there is a malibu dealer here in town that sux, dumpy place, and never is available when you need help.

Billy if you dont mind stating what dealer is this?
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
This is true canecorso but i think i've heard more negative feedback about Mastercraft dealers than anyone else.
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
The mastercraft dealership is in Port Jefferson, New York. I took a trip up to connecticut to look at some correct craft's but wasn't really impressed. If I get a chance this weekend I might head to NJ to look at malibu
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-19-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
If you want a smaller boat take a look at the Vride and VTX. Both make great wakes
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 5:12 PM Reply   
how much do those run about?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-19-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
No doubt a pro wakeboard boat will be better than current, but you you still might be able to land a few rolls in your boat, post pics of your wake and your weight setup, I feel you might be able to progress a bit more while searching for the correct boat.
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
I'm going out tomorrow so I will take pictures, and you are no doubt correct about the rolls, I almost have the HS backroll down hopefully I can get a video tomorrow
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-19-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
If you are going to be in saltwater all the time I would seriously check out the saltwater series MasterCraft. It is an option on most of their boats and gives you a galvanized trailer, transom flush kit, FWC, Saltwater friendly ballast, slef bailing cockpit and zincs on the transom and on the underwater gear. I think there are a couple of other things that come with it too. There is also an option of a freshwater washdown tank. The X2 and X15 also come with snapout carpet which makes it very easy to clean, especially since you will be wanting to washdown the entire boat. I believe that all other tournament boats just take a regular boat and add FWC and a galvanized trailer.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
go x1/x2..awesome boat... cant go wrong