Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-05-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
^What makes you think states are "receiving financial benefit" from prosecuting drunk drivers? You are assuming that every DUI offender that has an accident has car insurance. What about the many that don't have insurance? What do the victims get in those situations?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-06-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodltg2 View Post
I got a BUI somewhere around 1995/96 on Lake Tahoe. We were anchored watching the fireworks and we were spotted drinking beer and being loud by the Coast Guard. We were boarded and asked who owned the boat. Eventhough the boat was anchored and not running , I was cited with for BUI becuase I owned the boat and responsible for its operation. I didnt fight it and accepted my punishment. At the time it was only a fine, But about a year later the DMV caught wind of it , suspended my license and made my attend DUI classes. I came as shock since more than a year had already gone by. But I accepted it and did it without question. So do I get any money!!!! I was only 21 then , so I was young , dumb and well you know!!!
You should have gotten a lawyer. There is no way they should have been able to write a BUI when you are at anchor. That would be like a cop going into a bar and giving everyone that had a car outside a DUI. Its pure speculation on future events.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
You should have gotten a lawyer. There is no way they should have been able to write a BUI when you are at anchor. That would be like a cop going into a bar and giving everyone that had a car outside a DUI. Its pure speculation on future events.
I should have I suppose, but I was a broke college student. And considerable even more broke after it. Somehow I was fined by the Coast Guard and the County.
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-06-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Step 1: Require a 'Boat License" to drive a boat.
Step 2: Revoke the license when people do stupid stuff.

Driving a boat like a dummy doesn't have anything to do with driving a car.... IMO.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-07-2012, 12:20 AM Reply   
Wow...