Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
I have the rotation down perfect and im landing them on my feet (just barely) but casing it because im spinning off the wake. Is there any key what so ever to be patient and spin the rotation mid-air like everyone else seems to do? Any tips or facts about secrets to stomping this trick will be greatly appriciated.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-21-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Just wait till you feet the pop off the wake, or try shortening up you line 5 feet for a few tries until you start landing in the flats.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-21-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
Many people try and follow the curve of the wake up and around. They push off the wake like its a launch ramp. Remember the wake has a lot of energy and you need to harness it to complete any trick. Come in on a nice smooth edge and as you approach the wake begin to build your edge. Keep your feet under you and allow the board to load the line, stand tall as you ride off the top and the board will release and essentially complete the trick for you. This is not a hucked trick, its a solid edge and release trick. Good luck, have fun.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-21-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
Sounds like it may help you to flip later.... Try to pop....pause....flip. I think i had a similar problem and this helped me. I was alwyas a bit afraid to waste the time in that pause but in reality you will still flip soon and the extra vertical pop will give you plenty of time to get around and clear the wake
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-21-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
"i suck at backrolls" --> me too!

but yea....wait longer. it's not about whipping around the line, it's about popping up and rotating.
Old     (joe_l)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
i always learned for backrolls to ride up the wake and dont force the flip around witch is what it sounds like your doing. come in with a good edge and and ride up the wake keeping your edge away from the boat and look over your leading shoulder. i always used to have the keeping the handle near your waist problem with that trick witch was making me have some pretty serious falls haha.
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Ahight- Here's the 5 step deal...

1-Cut away from the wake as much as you can.
2-Charge the wake as hard as you can.
3-Stand tall at the top of the wake and look to your upper shoulder.
4-Spot the water and apply line tension as needed.
5-Land 20ft out in the flats.

Good Luck!

Actually, listen to Big Heavy. He knows what he's talking about.