Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (deafgoose)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-16-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
I traded-in my CWB Razr for this Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro. The difference is night and day. The Razr was more stable but the edges were too round so it couldn’t carve hard.

Dimensions: Small - 51" x 20-1/4" x 3/4" Rider size up to 165 lbs.

Next step is buying a 725lb launch pad ballast bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtRj2TCMrp8

http://www.dansouliere.com/pictures/phase5-1.jpg

http://www.dansouliere.com/pictures/phase5-2.jpg

(Message edited by deafgoose on July 16, 2008)
Old     (deafgoose)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-18-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Well I bought the bag and pump. I will take pics and vid with the ballast loaded.

Upload
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-18-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
Dan,

How much do you weigh? Your vid was a pretty short free ride. A bigger wave will help for sure. Let me know if you can free ride as long as you want after the new sac. Looks like that board will spin all day long, very loose. I'm trying to get my hands on one to demo and hope it's fast to free ride and land some new tricks for me.
Old     (deafgoose)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-18-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
I am only 145lb and it's tough to free ride with 850lb of ballast filled.

I expect the extra 725lb will make it perfect.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-21-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
Dan that was really good for the size wave you had going. The extra weight will make all the difference in the world. Your next session is going to rule.

(Message edited by caskimmer on July 21, 2008)
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-22-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Dan, Thanks for the support. I hope you enjoy that board. I just did a clinic in Utah and almost everybody over the three days rode one of the drew boards either Small, Medium or XL and loved them. Let me know how the board works with the other ballast.
Drew Danielo
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-22-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
Also if your a 145lbs once you get use to the board you should have no problems keeping the wave. I weigh 153 and I ride a small. And ride it behind my Avalanche C4 with just the stock ballast and 2 people in the boat