Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-14-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Grant, or anyone else that has done this:

I'm wondering where you got the LED clusters for this, or, if you have anymore clusters laying around if you would want to sell them, I'm looking for at least 6 but probably 12, red...

Thanks,
Aaron
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-14-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
wakespecialty.com
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
I used some Puck style surface LED lights from "Hella" they were like $28 each. You can do it much cheeper. Mike did some LED cup holder's in his SV211 that had only one signle LED sitcking up threw them. I have not seen them at night so I dont know how bright they are gonna be. "But I will not be out Blinged in the LED cup holder depertment by mikes single LED" LOL Im guessing if you used the LED cluster's that wakespecialty uses your gonna have to do quite a bit of work because it would be like adding a rock to the bottom of your cup holder and now your drink is gonna have a pimp limp. Thats the reson I went the route I did it was a drop in application. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
Thats cool that you can see the lighted drink during the day too (since I do little night driving). Next the boat needs to mandate clear glass beverages!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-14-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
"pimp limp"
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-14-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
I was thinking of the wakespecialty cupholder rings but I like the looks of Grant's better. Do the Hella pucks hook into the Spyder harness or are they wired seperatly ?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Grant,

That is the coolest thing I have seen!! You have some cool pics and ideas, but this one takes the cake.

I will need to get the Spyder thing now. However quoting KG.... Will these hook up to the Spyder system, or did you just wire straight from a accessory switch?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
You can plug anything into the spyder harness, LED that is.

The syper harness is so over built that it can handle 10 times more LED light than you could throw at it.

Yes you can plug these cup holder lights into a spyeder harness.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Grant,

Did you use model #: HL96263? It looks like you did. Anyway, on the Hella website they are $21.81. Just wondering. I am so liking what you did.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
these are the nes I used
http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/ProductsServices/Marine/LED_Lamps/Round_LED/Round_LED.jsp

3 inch round
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
I got my'n from west marine, I payed more than 21, I thought it was close to $30 for each one.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-15-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. $25.99 each at Boat US. $311 to do 12 cup holders, wow... Hey, it's only money right...