Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-18-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
I received this today for those of you interested in 2007 dates. I know the parents like to plan (and save) for these. I think you can get this on www.kingofwake.com I notice nationals are in June.

2007 King of Wake/Wakeboard World Cup schedule

Dates City Site Location Event

April 26-29 Orlando, FL Orlando Watersports Complex (Wake Games)

May 18-20 Acworth, GA Dallas Landing/Lake Allatoona (Pro Tour)

June 1-3 Fort Worth, TX Moser Lake (Pro Tour)

June 16-17 Twin Cities, MN Island Lake (Pro Tour)

June 20-24 Kenosha, WI Prairie Springs Park (WWA Nationals)

July 7-9 Kelowna, BC, Canada Waterfront Park (Pro Tour)

July 21-22 Portland, OR Blue Lake Park (Pro Tour)

August 23-26 Reno, NV Sparks Marina (WWA Worlds)

Sept. 1-2 Alberta, Canada site tba (Canadian Invitational)

Dates TBA Mexico site tba (Pro Am)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-18-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Hi Dave, sure is some surprises there huh?? Is wake games going to be the qualifier? I guess, I should just drop Pricilla a line, but with all the knowledge on this board........ ok, maybe I will call!! Just Kidding!!Upload
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-18-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
ok, just talked to Pricilla,qualifiers is still in Atlanta.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-18-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
SWEET!

There is still a Reno event.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-18-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
Looks like the reno event is gonna be big.

Glad WI and MN are still representin.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-18-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
No stops again in the northeast, closest is GA.

That's too bad, because the popularity of wakeboarding is growing up here. Sure would be nice to see some pros ride up here.
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-18-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
Anyone know which pro tour stops will have the women riders? Last year it was the Georgia stop and Reno Nevada...

Thanks....
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-18-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
I've heard rumors that all the stops will have women, pro skate will have there own tour. Worlds in Reno, hell yeah, I can drive to itRobyn, looks like we will be road warriors again next year
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-18-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
Yeah, World's in Reno. It can be the windiest world's ever! Awesome.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-18-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
Travis, that's just silly. No venue can top that dust storm at Lake Elsinore many years ago! :-)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-18-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
I don't know about that Travis, Texas was a little white capping last year.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-18-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
I'm hyped that the midwest will still see some wakeskating and wakeboarding! I was worried kenosha wouldn't get the nats this year...I hope the june date doesn't overlap with my wakeskate vacation.

Thanks for the info!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-19-2006, 3:28 AM Reply   
Yea, Reno will suck for the riders, but great for spectators.I'm with you Travis, that was my first thought, but a fun stop for sure!
And Randy, isn't that where they had that great lemonade?

(Message edited by teamvaldez on December 19, 2006)
Old     (kevin_middleton)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-19-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
What do you think the rational is, for moving Nationals 2 months earlier?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-19-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
I would guess it has something to do with having the MN. PWT stop the week before and only having to move the equipment a couple of hundred miles. Makes sense.
Old     (bulldog_peach)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-19-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
Question- Where is there both good water and good spectator turn out? Kelowna has great fans but horrible water. GA, TX and WS has good water but no fans.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-19-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Portland has both
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-19-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
I will agree with Randy. Portland is one of the best all around. Not to mention, its a really nice city. It's definitely my favorite stop of the year.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-19-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Portland is my favorite stop of the year. Not only is Portland a great town but the event site at Blue Lake Park is by far the best stop on the tour. Here is an old picture of the Vans Triple Crown at Blue lake Park.

Upload
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-19-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
On a side note, The Nugget in Reno before, during and after the final stop of the year is pretty crazy. And Travis, I owe you one for running me through the ringer last year. I don't get mad, I get even!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-19-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
"I tell you, the real winner today is the city of Portland. Every time I come here it gets harder to leave. I bet you put something in the water."

- Shooter McGavin
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-19-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
I think it sucks that Orlando is not a stop again.
Half of the riders live in O-town. I can understand not having it at OWC, cuz its a sh**ty location, but come on man!! The Orlando area is full of lakes to have the stop. How about Lake Ivanhoe where Parks had the Double up this year? Thats smack dab in the middle of downtown Orlando. If its good enough for Surf & Ski Expo every year, it should be good enough for PWT.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-19-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
errrr. As usual, nothing further up the east coast than Atlanta.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-19-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
david williams, hahahahaha...
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-19-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
Wake games are in Orlando.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-19-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
Billy, what's wrong with OWC, it is one of the best sites to view the whole pass. And the riders can go ride the cable in their down time (which is a lot) I personally like the site.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-20-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
Longer runs would make OWC a little better.
Old     (jarabacoa)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-20-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
Not much training time before Nationals for those of us who don't ride year around, especially when it's the qualifier for World's.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-20-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
That was our first thought on the shortage of training as well, but I know that there is alot of feedback about the groms missing school for both Nationals and Worlds. There is definatley going to be a different feel this season, but it is good to keep things fresh. Now the venue at worlds is going to be interesting, but Texas this year was challenging conditions as well. Just goes to show our riders need to cross train doesn't it?? Not always going to get butter.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-20-2006, 6:33 AM Reply   
OWC is good for a Cable park. The site for vendors is very,very tight. The run is pretty short, I'm sure Travis Moye can agree with that. The way to get there sucks, rocks, potholes, mud puddles, there ought to be an event in driveway. There is just alot to choose from in O-town and surrounding areas to have to put up with all that. I do agree, to view the whole event from a spectators point of view is awesome. I had just heard the PWT people werent real thrilled about the location in the first place.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-20-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
I'll be honest. OWC is not my favorite spot for a Tour event. It is WORK to drive in that little lake all day. And, it's near impossible to do double-ups there, especially since they ran the second set of tires in the lake. We always have a pretty poor turnout there as well. But, it is 20 minutes from my house, so maybe I should shut up.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-20-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Yeah!!! What he said ^^^
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-20-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
Altamonte Springs which is a little north of Orlando say 10 miles from OWC was a great site. They had the tour stop there a few years ago and they have an Embassy Suites hotel right on the lake. You could sit on your balcony with the slider open and the air conditioning on to keep cool and watch the runs. It was a city park and a nice lake. Does anyone remember that stop?
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-20-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
does anybody know for sure if skating is out of the pro tour? ive only heard rumors.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-20-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
I asked about wakeskating, Jr. Men and women's events and they said that they still have not made the decisions on those.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-20-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
Yewww,Mike i rode there at"crane's roost" in a Performance tournament, the water quality sucks cuz it's just 'run off' from the parking lots in a man made retention glorified pond/lake; the reverb wakes off that shore line were pretty brutal too.Spectator views were pretty good, your right,and convienent to everything; Never forget memory was, Parks stick/stomps a gianenormous blind judge on the way back in after he stood his pass, I think he was like 13 or 14, 15. I do like "Barnett Park " at the fairgrounds, Dishman use to use it as one of his stops on his "X-cup" series....and the water ski tour prior to that......remember ?....or the new correct craft facility, weren't they suppose to have a test/tournament lake or two? conflict
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-20-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
thanks
i have been waiting for some of those dates
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-20-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
I'm bummed to see them cram in so much over the summer. For many of the riders that have jobs outside of wakeboarding, it will be difficult to keep the cash flow going and get time off of work. Plus, I'm bummed since I had completely planned my next 6 months around the old tour schedules and now it looks like I might have to miss almost all of the major comps next year due to my semester in Australia. I'm definitely disappointed to see the changes, but I guess it will work better for the groms that usually miss school for the tourneys. Stoked to see the ProAm in Mexico though. I've been dieing to go ride there!
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-20-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
P.S. Wakestock in Toronto has PERFECT water conditions and REDICULOUS crowds. That would have to be the primo spot for a comp.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-21-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
Barrett-
When will you be in Australia? Austin is headed there next week for about six weeks. What University and where?
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-27-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
Im dissapointed to see the pro tour stop in portland clash with wakestock UK, shame as wakestock here is proberly bigger than the one you guys have in Toronto.

toby
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-27-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
who rides the UK one? If there are only 16 pro men on tour this year you may get a few yanks and canooks.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-27-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Roger, where did you come up with only 16 pro men for the PWT?
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-27-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
It's not always windy in Reno. Late August is actually better than July which is when the event is normally held. I drive by the Sparks marina everyday and hate that we (the public)can't board there.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-28-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
In previous years we have had Shane bonifay, Ben greenwood, Dallas friday, Dean smith, the late Mark kenny back in 01 when we won the title. when stuff clashes with wakestock though, normally its just all the top UK riders which is good but its always good to see some US and canidien riders.

toby

(Message edited by toby_yeo on December 28, 2006)
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-28-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
Randy-
just unsubstantiated rumors and talk. the usual stuff such as will there be skate? or Jr Men or women.

IMO- (1) Make skate it's own tour and it frees up more time for wakeboard. I like skate but think it needs its own.
(2) Expand Jr men to 20,
(3)have women at aLL 5 STOPS BUT ONLY TAKE 12 OR SO until THERE IS ENOUGH TALENT to fill more.
(4) take 40 or more pro men.

We don't need to kill the growth. Give some up and comers a shot. With only 16 guaranteed slots (top 16 from previous year PWT)that only leaves 16 open slots to qualify.

How would you like to be trying to break in and you get stuck in a qualifying heat that has Parks and only one qualifies? Or your in Adam Erringtons?
Old    orgborn            12-28-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
The portland stop is by far the best venue with an incredible amount of hot chicks. Not to mention all the riders should definetly hit the willamette up especially down in the newberg area its world class. Oregons summer is the best with the willamette.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-28-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
Roger, I agree. A couple of ideas I know the tour is looking at is making the first two stops qualifers, It's tough to show up early in the year and have to put it all together in 2 passes or you don't qualify. I think that would help the good riders who had a off day in the opener. I think there were 6 Jr. men's riders who finished in the top 20 in 05 that didn't qualify in Atlanta in 06, all good riders just a bad day. The women have really stepped it up in the last year and hope to see them on the tour and agree with you, top 12. There are so many good riders in pro men's that even with an outstanding freshman class coming in (Hair, Hutton, Lee, Jones, Thollander, Carter, haven't heard if Adam E going Pro) to name a few that well have to bring their A game to the opener to make it through. Looking forward to next year, 1080's in comp runs, should be fun to watch.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-28-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
Cranes Rooster area is being converted into Townhomes and Condos, so I doubt there will be anymore Wakeboarding tournaments being held in the venue.
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-28-2006, 10:41 PM Reply   
Tim, if they only knew what the Sparks Marina was before it was a Marina, they wouldn't be worried about the wind would they!
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-29-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Randy-
I would like to see all riders get more than one shot to qualify for Jr Men and Pro men. Maybe have LCQs or expand the number.

I think the ladies are stepping it up with the usual suspects plus the Hoffman girls, Johnson and maybe one or two others. But doubt if there are more than 12. I still can't forget the year two little girls that were novice riders qualified. I think they went down to 2 stops for women after that.