Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-09-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
How come boat dealers and boat service facilities can't let you bring your boat in and service it while you wait. I don't mean repairs where you do a diagnostic and have to order parts, just regular service. Why is it so hard to have a schedule where they set a time for you to come in with your boat and service (oil changes, etc) while you wait. Also with repairs- they tell you to bring the boat in on this day but they don't even look at until days later. Why not let people have use of their boat as much as possible and schedule to bring the boat in the same day they can start on it?
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-09-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Why do you show up for a doctors appointment and wait 30-60 minutes then get taken in back to an exam room then wait again for someone to see you. Do you get your money back from the doctor when they misdiagnose your condition? Or do they say lets try this and we will see if it works. But you go to a mechanic and everyone expects perfection from them. I had to go to the same doctor three times for migrains and they just kept trying different medicine. But you take your boat in for service and if it isn't perfect when they are done everyone wants money back. Maybe we all need to give service personnel the same respect that not everything goes as planned and some repairs lead to other problems down the road that need further attention. Done ranting!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-09-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
Most dealerships run on the "relaxed" its recreation mentality. I will say the 2 wakeboard boat dealerships that I have dealt with delievered on the schedule promised for service. Neither had facilities to wait on service.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-09-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
How many people would have there service done at there house if a mobile maintaince was available??
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-09-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
That would rock. Until they spilt oil on your driveway.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-09-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
Phillip -
That's the only way I deal with maintenance on mine. A guy in Sacto is happy as h-ll to roll out and his prices are great. I park on the street and watch him work while bs'ing about boats. I couldn't imagine dealing with the wait I hear about from everyone. In fact, I would probably do it myself if there wasn't a mobile service available.
sacboatman@yahoo.com
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-09-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
I hear these horror stories about service and I think how lucky I am. Our dealership picks up the boat and delivers it back to me. Many times the same day and I am 45 minutes away from the ETCO Marine. Also here in Fresno we have the mobile service. He comes to you and is able to do warranty work. L&M Mobile Marine.

(Message edited by dadthedriver on May 09, 2007)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-10-2007, 12:57 AM Reply   
I have been really happy with my dealer. I can usually make an appointment about 2 weeks out. Take it in that morning, and get it back the same day, everytime. They don't want the boat left overnite, so they get everything taken care of same day. I have heard of other dealers that boats are left at for days or weeks for average repairs, etc. Man, am I happy.

With that being said, I am tired of paying $400+ for 100 hr services. I have over 500 hours in just over 2 years, so it adds up fast. Looking at doing basic oil change and impellar changes myself, and find someone mobil who can do other stuff when needed.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-10-2007, 4:18 AM Reply   
It sounds as though there are some service centers doing it right. Jeff- I wish I could take my boat in and wait 30-40 minutes before they took it to the back. A better analogy would be if the doc asked you to leave your brain there and they will get to it as soon as possible but it will be at least 2 weeks since they are so backed up. But I agree. Both are unacceptable. I am not dissing any one in particular since I have taken boats/PWCs to at least 12 different places.

I like what Ben's people do. Set up an appointment and get in and out. Buzz. I use to change impellers and oil myself but these V-drives make it difficult. The old inboard I just unscrewed the plug in the hull, put the drain hose through, unscrewed it and let it drain. The filter was right there and it was an easy job. I used to cary an extra impeller in the boat in case I needed it because it was pretty easy to change out.

Off the subject but are people having problems with their servo in their Perfect Pass? My boat is 3 years old and this will be my 3rd PP.