Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    akman            04-05-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
I was watching the news and some gas stations in San Diego have gone over $3.00 a gallon. They said prices were expected to go higher by tonight........so I decided to fill the boat and the truck since we are headed out this weekend.

Truck...29 gallon tank....Diesel $2.67 a gallon
Boat...39 gallon tank..Gas (87) Octane $2.53 a gallon.

Filled em both to the tune of $152.00......OUCH!

Wait until Memorial Weekend and they really go up...
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-05-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
@#%!%$#%^&@#%! That's all I have to say.
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-05-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, but the high gas prices will keep the rif-raf off the water!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
you could only hope. At $2.15 a gallon for diesel and $2.05 a gallon I don't think it will effect that many people. Might have to cut back on Sushi though.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-05-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
I love my Toyota
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-05-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
hopefully it will keep the people who just tear up the water OFF!!!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-05-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
Ouch. Every time I drive by the gas station or fill up the truck I cringe at the thought of what I am going to be paying in the summer months. Sucks because there is no way it is going to make any of us use our boats less. But like Kenny said, maybe it will keep some of the clowns off the water.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-05-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
$90 each tank for the work truck, 2-3 times a week...
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-05-2005, 10:36 PM Reply   
less boats, more jet skis.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-05-2005, 11:06 PM Reply   
That is why you gatta get BMooch to pitch in damnit! Have a good season guys.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-06-2005, 12:00 AM Reply   
Range Rover 22 Imperial Gallons $164.86

Mastercraft 30 Imperial Gallons $223.45

TOTAL $388.31

You guys need to stop moaning about the price of your fuel and get on a plane to England.
Old    jmo52            04-06-2005, 12:16 AM Reply   
WORD!! people pay $2.00 for a bottled water. You just have to keep in mind how good Wakeboarding and being out out the boat with friends is.That is the type of thing that keeps the soul happy/healty. I will eat beans and shop at the Goodwill before I give up my boat. But Dave on the other hand I would get a kick A$$ bike and a canoe.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-06-2005, 6:01 AM Reply   
Clint, my thoughts exactly.....especially on the river I ride. The mosquitoes love the river water because it's calm and they can do mach 9, meanwhile there is a huge bay off the river but it's too rough and cold and they can't show off to their buddies and ladies on shore. Although at least I will have people to laugh at this year with their wetsuit colors that match their seadoos. As far as gas goes, here in North America we are at the middle of the range for prices....people in Europe are paying 3 and 4 times as much as we pay.....but in the same article I read, people in the middle east pay about a dime for a gallon of gas. This will be the first year my boat has ballast and I think I will be filling up a little more often than last year.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-06-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
Friend of mine got back from working out in Brazil recently and the gas there was less than $0.50 a gallon.
Bit of a culture shock to land here and pay $8.36 at the airport
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-06-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
Hey Dave, I'd love to see the U.K., incredbile history, wonderful people and beautiful countrysides. As a matter of fact,the UK is on our list of places to visit whe we retire.
But if memory serves me correct, alot of your fuel costs are related to outrageous taxes, are they not?
I seem to recall that taxation was one of the issues that kinda caused the split between us in the first place, wasn't it?

Maybe you need to get on a plane and come here, my friend. Before our politicians put it to us they way yours seem to have put it to you..LOL

If ya get to NorCal, shout out...we'll fill the diesel crew-cab 4x4 dually, and put 250-275 miles on her in a day. We'll take you up to Tahoe over Donner Summit,(elevation 7,144 Ft.) around the only real Great Lake, back down to Placerville on old U.S. 50 and across Hwy 49 through the site of the great California Gold Discovery, then into Sacto, dinner at Claim Jumper, and back to up into the Gold Country of the Sierra Foothills before midnight.
This is California..we've got lots of room to roam.

AD

(Message edited by sam8 on April 06, 2005)
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-06-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
BUCK FUSH!
Old    stormrider            04-08-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
Do you think the mooches will now pay more than $5 for 45 minutes behind someone else's boat?

I just bought a 210; if you're not family or close, you're paying $35/hr to ride. I'll show the gas bill to any grouser.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-09-2005, 12:38 AM Reply   
ARMY DAD

Your not wrong about the taxation over here, I guess a barrel of oil is a barrel of oil wherever in the world you are. The only difference in price to the end user is dictated by the amount of Tax your government sees fit to impose; our government thinks 400% is a fair Tax.
I have recently seen a Tax breakdown of a hundred Pounds earned and spent in the UK it detailed the Tax taken at source as income Tax and broke down your remaining money between Fuel, Cigarettes, Beer, Insurance payments and food.
Now bearing in mind that you can pay up to 40% income Tax before you even see your money and every thing you buy is subject to 17.5% Value added Tax it wont come as a surprise to learn that 87% of the money you earned and spent went straight to the government as Tax.
That aside I’ve traveled the world extensively (you name it I’ve probably been there) but I still wouldn’t want to live anywhere else, British by birth English by the grace of God.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-09-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
Dave
You must love it to pay that to stay there.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-10-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
dont complain about gas prices people

just ride

if you have to ask people for gas money that means that you can't afford your rig by yourself

next year gas will be $5 a gallon, watch

then what ya gonna do, sell it?

just be happy you are paying $2.75 or whatever it is, I just filled up both rigs and didn't even look at the bill, why bother anyway, like you can do something about.

hell in UK it's $7

oh and if you ride with me, I will hand you your bill after riding, for 2 pulls it will be $62.56797, I have it calculated out based on my payment, my insurance, and the rest of the expense. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
like my guns too much to move to the UK. I will keep buying gas till it impacts my other hobbys, mainly duckhunting.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-11-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Now if someone offers up some $ to help out with gas I will not have a problem taking it from them.

As I would offer up some gas $ too.

Gramps, do you put Pemex in your SAN with any fuel treatments?

Maybe someday after we run out of oil and gas, we will have diesels and we can run on Veggie oil. Stop off to Mcd's and fill up.
Old    stormrider            04-11-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Reminds me of that old Styx song:

"I have dozens of friends, and the fun never ends, that is as long as I'm buying."
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-11-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
You've got to pay to play. Also anyone who just bought a new boat should not complain drop 50k on a boat and you cant fill it up?