Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (50yearstorm)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-17-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
They should change the name of WAKE WORLD to HATE WORLD cuz thats all this site is, people hating on other people. Every thread gets sabotaged by HATERS!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
It's kind of seeming like that lately. Maybe it's because Summer is almost over and peeps are restless?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-17-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Maybe if they surfed more,they'd be more laid back.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       09-17-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Jonny- What happened?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-17-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Dang Jonny, what a lame thread... you stink!!!
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-17-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
Its been happening a little more often lately it seems....
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       09-17-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
No kidding. Sometimes I feel like I am on the other site. When did Wakeworld become Nascar?
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-18-2009, 6:15 AM Reply   
You guys act like this is something new.
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
Don't worry about the haters they don't understand the water, so they'll never get the spiritual side of it.

They still haven't figured out what riding waves is all about. It's a state of mind. It's that place where you lose yourself and find yourself.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-18-2009, 4:37 PM Reply   
Post of the day right there!
Old     (duckboat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-19-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
Just remember a good wakeboarder with a good driver love big wakes from other boats. Seen some cool tricks done by wakeboarders with major air from other wakes.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-19-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
Hey what up meraculus, I notiiced you have a picture of a wave at fort point on your profile,I grew up surfing that place havnt surfed there in a while ,lived in bolinas for a long time used to surf polo point for years now live near bodega ,weve probably crossed paths and know some of the same people,I used surf fort with larry the hair dresser and ryan reagan,does larry still surf there.that used to be one of my favorite waves.fort point was pretty much the reason I started surfing when I was eight I used to live in the city and go on feild trips there, and I will never forget the first time I saw some one surf.It was at fort point and I knew that I was going to be surfing .when I was about 12 to 13 some older friends of mine took me out there and that was my favorite wave for a long time. Have a good one
Old     (rhawn)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-20-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Excellent post Meraculus.
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-20-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
In case someone hasn't seen Point Break 7 million times, that quote is from the Bodhisattva. He had some classic roles and it appears he lived a full life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000664
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-20-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
What's up James, I can relate to your good memories of Fort Point, about a decade ago I caught it a couple times as good as it gets. Just barrel after barrel, I couldn't get over how good it was, those sessions inspired me to make a surf movie. That wave is really fun but I haven't surfed it in a while, it's become to crowded for my taste. One of my long term goals is to see that spot reach it's potential:
http://www.superbanksf.com

Your wake is sick! I'd like to ride it, what will you take in trade?
Cheers
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-21-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
just come up to lake sonoma and you can ride I go during the week,yeah I rememeber the days you could get that place with a coulple of friends just going of ,ones of the biggest waves I have caught in my life is at that place ,right under the bridge and doubling up right at rhino rock
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-21-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
I won't be around to wakesurf the rest of this year, but next spring I'll take you up on that.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-21-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
no worries im going to be gone alot from decemeber until april going to hit up indo maui and some other spots.
Old     (50yearstorm)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-21-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
WOW! this thread had a happy ending! I still have a little faith in the good people on WW.