Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-17-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
Ultimate proof that wakeboarding is the coolest sport ever. Barney Stinson Wakeboards! In a Suit! In Prime Time!

Alright, he's riding a skurfer in 2009 so it's really not cool at all but it was totally unexpected and made me laugh tonight.

I guess it could be a slolom ski but it looks too wide and I'm going to believe it's not a ski.
Attached Images

Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-17-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
Looks like a ski to me. Still Awesome.

Bro Code 41

A Bro never cries. Exceptions- Watching Field of Dreams, ET or a sports legend retire (only first time he retires).
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-17-2012, 6:23 PM Reply   
isnt he gay?

figures hes slalom skiing
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-17-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
It's a ski for sure!
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-17-2012, 8:03 PM Reply   
Yeah. I know it's a ski but it popped on the screen for one second and the first thing I thought was "wakeboarding in a suit?!" Lengen...

Wait for it...

Dary!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-17-2012, 8:48 PM Reply   
Yes, "Lengendary"
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-17-2012, 11:19 PM Reply   
Great thread.
1. That's not a wakeboard, and it's not even an optical illusion. It's a slalom water ski. It isn't a forklift, and it's not Elmo from Sesame Street. Good? It's not a carbon audemar. Slalom ski.
2. Most people will have to look up who 'Barney Stinson' is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_Stinson
3. Camera photo, of a screen image, from a tv or computer monitor is awesome 'retirement home' computer use. You should have faxed it, scanned it, and ran optical character resolution on it too. Then dictate it into Dragon Naturally Speaking. Then re-write the caption with morse code, with your feet. THEN scan everything and hit delete.

...but the capper is the slalom/gay comment, which is more ignorant than the 3 items above, plus all thread titles on the board right now, combined.

Great thread.
(ps, not that I really care, but what is that even from. Morbid curiosity compells me to ask. It looks so fake, the only thing that it is missing is wrong-side hands on the image or some other mismatch. The shadows appear to fall from multiple directions too. Is it a bumper/commercial or was there a scene in which he water skiied? Looks like a park handle of some kind. Great thread A+.)

Last edited by boomshot; 02-17-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-18-2012, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
isnt he gay?

figures hes slalom skiing
Arent you an idiot? Figures you have an opinion on the internet.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-18-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
why ben are you gay?
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-18-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
why ben are you gay?
Stupidest thread so far this year, now with it's most ignorant individual post.

Last edited by boomshot; 02-18-2012 at 7:03 PM.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-18-2012, 7:01 PM Reply   
lmao^^^^ I gotta get things stirring somehow to spice it up
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-19-2012, 8:39 PM Reply   
Yeah, I am.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-20-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
Now boys play nice!
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-20-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Wow, the negativity. I was just having some beers on the porch after work with the TV on in the background and saw the image flash on the screen (it was a still flashback photo in the show) and thought it was funny. If it doesn't make you chuckle that's your deal.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-20-2012, 4:24 PM Reply   
Name:  2654.CoolStoryBro.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  13.2 KB
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-20-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo_Si View Post
Wow, the negativity. I was just having some beers on the porch after work with the TV on in the background and saw the image flash on the screen (it was a still flashback photo in the show) and thought it was funny. If it doesn't make you chuckle that's your deal.
Funny because the image of someone sitting on their porch watching a tube television, and also taking a picture of their porch television with it paused is exactly how I pictured this all coming together.