Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-02-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Hollar people- been acouple weeks, hows everyone doing, I have been super busy at work, but no one cares about that. I stoped by bordertown yesterday around 5;00 to see if any one was pulling out of the water, No one was.

Avalon has been real nice these past weeks. Just finished up a few minor things from the summer. Now my dad and I get to put hard wood floors in the downstairs. As many of you may have figured out I am not very, we will say, mechanical so hopefully i don't nail my foot to the floor or something like that.

But on a better note, the waves have been good and I actually broke the Surfboard back out. It was fun and different considering i have not been on it since May. Full wetsuit no hood or booties yet.
I am just glad the dead humpback whale that wound up on Wildwood crest's beach did not float by.

Oh yea it is official, I got my confirmation for the PHily marathon yesterday. November 19th I will run 26.2 miles, then all those mornings that I woke up to run before driving to bordentown, are worth it.

Okay thats enough.

Doug

Oh yea I now know from that picture, Louie has more game then I do.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-02-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
Big Lou
Pug Power - Snausages and Dogbones
Woof!

and Doug, louie always had more game than you!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-02-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
Oh yeah. It's Pug Daddy rollin' with kennel fabulous style! And check-out the reflections in the lenses!

Well, this past Saturday at Bordentown was a great morning that degraded into a rainy mess, and then
once the boat was on the trailer the rian stopped, the sun came out and the water was glass once
again. Me, Justin, Michele and Charles all got some good morning runs in before the conditons went to Hell,
while Doreen worked both the digital camera and the video camera. And in one of those rare moments of
a chance occurance, Doreen managed to snap a picture of the elusive Scuba Steve:
Upload

With wakeboard weather quickly becoming frost on the pumpkin weather, each weekend's plans become more and
more ify. Since I have to work this coming Saturday and then I have a wake bake to prep for on Sunday,
it looks like I'll be missing any chance to ride this weekend. Unless by some slim chance some one will boarding
in Bordentown at 5:30pm on Saturday. I have my board in the van just in case.

Doug: Maybe you want to try surfing LBI on Saturday the 14th. Charles might.
Old     (jefflef)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2006, 11:32 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. Wednesday is going to be 85 degrees and cooler temps are coming!! Looking for a crew for Bordentown wed. 8:00- 2:00. If your off or take a personal day thats ok. But don't call in sick with the Wakeboard Flew Just e-mail or call.

Scott awesome profile pic.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-03-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
Jeff L.

Tomorrow is very tempting, however I have to work at least until 3pm. I believe Jim B. and myself will be out on friday and are very much looking for other riders to go with us then.

So if anyone wants a pull friday after work, or better yet INSTEAD of work, let me know! It won't be in the 80's, but at least the 60's.

Doreen & Alex, nice pic!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-03-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting that pic Alex!! What a tool I am!

Michele and I will be in Bethlehem, PA visiting my sister. She's not doing well and needs some much needed family support and help around the house. So we're going up Saturday morning/afternoon.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend whatever they do! I haven't been posting much as it's been hectic lately.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-04-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
<caution>
Need to find out the weather in NJ fast... http://wakeboardnj.com the jsut click on teh links to the left for the location your near!

Anyone riding this weekend? I will be in Avalon, but a possibility for Bordentown Sunday...pending weather of course!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-05-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Wow, too bad we all had to work yesterday (thurs.) What a perfect day that would have been....in the 80's and no wind! :-(

This saturday is not looking good at all, lots of wind and rain, worse at the shore. Be careful down there, Alex!

As a reminder, I will still be driving down to Annapolis for the boat show on friday 13th. If anyone wants to play hooky, I'll be flying solo and have 5 extra seats. (Nothing like walking the docks at the show, drink in hand drooling over all that nice fiberglass!) Oh, yeah did I mention how good the crab cakes are? Ummmmmm!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-05-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Thank's for the "heads-up" Dave, but I'll be at work until 4:00pm on Saturday way up in north Jersey!
Afterwards, Doreen and I are going to spend most of Saturday night and Sunday prepping for the Wake Bake.
This will probably the first weekend since May that I haven't at least TRIED to wakeboard.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-07-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Anyone riding sunday or monday?

Should be in the 70's, monday being the warmest.
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-08-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
you people have something wrong to have 1290 replises
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-08-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
Hey Colby ?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-08-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
hehe, yeah colby it's called a good group of "FRIENDS". maybe try checking into that concept sometime!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-08-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
Well, I couldn't take advantage of the nice weather for riding today........so I'm offering pulls monday (tomorrow)after 4pm.
This looks like my last time out with the Maristar this year :-(, but all good things must come to an end.

If anyone wants to squeeze-in one last ride with me, give me a call on the cell. It doesn't get dark until 6:30-6:45 so we should have enough time for at least one ride each after work. (leave work early if you can0 :-)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-09-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Dave, I wish I could make it, but I'm going with a buddy of mine to New York to see the Flyers beat up on the Rangers at the Garden. This will be my first trip to MSG and I can'nt wait to see it.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-09-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
OOps I thought Dave was talking about Tuesday.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-09-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeboardnj.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13
Old     (jefflef)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-09-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Dave. Sarah and I want to thank you for a perfect night on the river!
Wish the whole wakeboardnj. fleet and crews could have been there.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-10-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
Yes, Jeff monday night was nice........no wind, flat water and not as cold as you people might think, 63 degees! Didn't feel bad at all with a full suit. (It helped that the air temp was around 79 too!)

Looks like big air temp changes are in the near future though. Will we get any more "indian summer" weather? I'm sure Jeff will be the last one to winterize, since he has an outboard.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-16-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
Thank you Alex & Doreen!

We had a blast..

And a special mention to the Drunken Punkin...
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-16-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
Yes, Must give HUGE PROPS to Alex & Doreen for the party, and hospitality. Always a good time at 60 Sylvia Lane! Was good to see everyone talk about the summer past.
...and I gotta say I love our group too, we never stop thinking. We got the SOS Christmas Party in 2 months...then TA-DA We got NJ-Wakefest in 8 months. But that ain't nothin...The REAL EVENT were already talking about the "Pops Lef's OldSchool-is-SoCool Retro Wakeboard Day". I love it, it's so Jive! It's gonna be bigger than the Rubic's Cube and will be the next big event to concur! Jeff(Pops Lef) was not there on Sat so let me be the first to mention that he was one of the primary inspirations for this! I am prepared to get old-schooled and see what he's got up his sleeve for toys and rideables, should be an rad(excellent) time!.

Also wanted to mention that Sat we hit the Deleware (Alex, Conner, Doug and myself). We had a great time but didn't anticipate the water to be 53 degrees...Heeeelllooooooo Chilly! Made for some fun though and was the last time I'll have my boat out as I am going to be winterizing it this weekend. Speaking of that...I'm putting up a little article on Winterizing on http://wakeboardnj.com tonight, so keep your eyes out.

...oh and yes, all of the pics from Sat had the power plant in them!

KG
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-16-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
saturday was a blast! i was a little too blasted but hey it was fun..thank you to the best hosts in nj!!

i'm glad to hear the rum maritzken or whatever Eustace called it was a hit..rum punchkin definitely sneaks up on you!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
Many thanks to everyone for making the long haul all the way down to 60 Sylvia for the end-of-season Wake
Bake. It was a great time! Also, thanks for all of the "thanks." "Welcomes" right back at ya!
Lots of pictures were taken, but none of them really seam to capture the moment. I tried to post one
anyway, one of Justin and I smoking cigars, but I couldn't resize it enough to fit. Oh well.

Also, big thanks to Kevin for towing his MasterCraft to Bordentown Saturday morning for some frosty
water pre-party wakeboarding. The morning mid-October boarding followed by the after/evening
Wake Bake
was a great way to slam the lid down onto the 2006 New Jersey wakeboarding season. But you know what?
The Super Air doesn't go into hibernation until November 4. You never know. I still may pull one more Bordentown
run out of the hat! It's going to be a long Winter.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-24-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
My boat is winterized....BOOOOOOOOOO(funny how that saying is fitting this time of year)

Not sure how I did it but in trying to get the prop off...I cut my left index finger in 4 different places...amazing how much blood 1 finger has! I did find though that if you tighten up the prop-puller real good and then give a little tap with a hammer to the bacl of the prop-puller and the prop should slide right off...with impressive force I might add!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
howdy all!!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-26-2006, 5:58 AM Reply   
Whats up Everyone,,, this season is officially in the books for us, I picked up the boat from getting winterized on Monday.

We are finally getting back to some kind of normalcy with Football ending last Saturday. We went 1 and 7 for the season but our kids pulled out a win in the last game and Ant scored an extra point… they where all so pumped with the win , it just made their season going out that way.

So we now move on to hockey skating lessons and Snowboard lessons for the little guy. There is a small mountain about 45 minutes from us called Spring Mountain which is Burton authorized training place-thingy?. Whatever that means?

After kicking around Sylvia Ln. on skateboards at the Wake Bake I got the itch to get out and skate, so I’m on the hunt for a (non-directional) skateboard.

Isn’t this weekend Doug’s race?? We will be in Philly Saturday night for dinner then at the Eagles game on Sunday. Next weekend we at taking Anthony to NYC for the first time, he is so excited!

Be Well,
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-27-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
As Robert Burns sort of once wrote "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry." JB and I had some
loose plans to hit Bordentown one more time this Saturday to truly put the cork in 2006 NJ wakeboarding
bottle, but a forecast of rain and gusty winds has forced us to cancel our intrepid plans. So like Kevin
and Eustace have already done, I'm going to begin The Super Air's winterization process. It's been a great year
of wakeboarding people. We've had a lot of really good times and we have a lot of really good memories.

Kevin: You slice your finger open removing your prop and you didn't take any pictures to post here or on
WakeboardNJ? I would have!

Eustace: Manahawkin has a small cement skatepark. So if you ever feel like taking a crack at it once you
get your skateboard program in place, let me know. The girls can go antiquing while we risk breaking
our necks! I've taken a couple of pretty hard falls there, but I've healed! It's nice there in the Winter.
It's usually pretty empty. Justin's even been there! It's fun way to keep your board riding skills alive
during the cold Winter months.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-27-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Alex, I would also hit B-town with you one more time, but like you said the weather looks less than favorable.

My boat is currently being winterized up at www.offshoremarinenj.com
I'll be picking it up in about 1 week, if you need any Nautique swag (or parts)let me know.

BTW, www.offshoremarinenj.com has some nice used boats for sale, if anyone is looking. I think he's got a 2000 X-star and a 2001 Super Air.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-28-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
Alex, that sounds like a great plan. I hope to pick up a board next week.

Ps – Annette is Thumbs Up on the Antiquing…
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-30-2006, 6:54 AM Reply   
alex- does that skate park allow bikes? ive been lookin for more cement parks to ride
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-30-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Elias: Officially, I think the Manahawkin skate park is only for skateboarders and in-line skaters, but
it's sort of in the middle of no where with no supervision and I've definitely seen guys on bicycles there.
Click on this link to check it out, and click on the picture.
http://www.skateboardpark.com/skateboardpark/viewpark.asp?ID=2416

You should click on this link too Eustace. When I've skated there I've always worn a helmet, knee protection,
elbow protection AND hand protection. It all looks silly, but hitting that cement hurts, even with the gear.
Just let me know when you're ready to tempt fate.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-02-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Hello all!

Can anyone tell me when the SOS party is?
I need to arrange for a sitter.

By the way, anyone going this year that didn't attend last year?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-02-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
The SOS Christmas Party is Saturday December 9. I told Craig that the whole wakeworld New Jersey crew
will be coming and he said "Great!" Bringing the body fat calipers this year Eustace? It's it
crazy how an entire year has past since we all first met at last year's SOS party?
Upload

Sidewayz just sent me copy of the new DVD Bent Felix. From what I've read on the bulletin boards here
it's supposed to be pretty good. I'll probably give it a watch on Saturday night. So if anyone's in
the LBI area Saturay night and feels like checking-out Bent Felix, throwing back a cold one or two
and maybe even chewing on a slice of pizza, just give me a ring.

There was a real loose plan for The BCC (Kevin, Doug & me "The Bergen County Crew") to get together this
Friday night at Hooters in Paramus for some wings, brewskies and eye candy, but the plan fell through.

Yo, Eustace! Any news on the new skateboard?

Offshore Marine has some wakeboard boats for sale, huh Dave? Wasn't Justin taking about buying a boat?
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-03-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
watched WWA Nationals on VS network yesterday (used to be OLN - outdoor life) JB did a great job announcing, saw some of his riding, and a nice close-up of the east-west wakefest sticker on his board....
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-03-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
Wow! Yeah this last year has flown by…

Absolutely, I will have the Fat-rr-ater in hand at the SOS party for anyone who is up for the challenge.

I was planning on stopping in the Element store and or swinging by Chelsea Pier this weekend while we are in NYC, with hopes to pick up a board.

Is there any real difference in skate decks from one company to another? (Other then size of course). I saw this Darkstar board in a local shop that I liked, but I honestly have no idea of what I’m looking at.

Do I just pick the size and graphics I like the best? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks Alex, PPE is duly noted for when we hit the skate park.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-03-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
When I bought my skateboard I had no idea what I was doing. I walked into the Tony Hawk store in the local
mall, picked out the biggest deck on the wall, chose the larger old-school longboard style wheels, the
guy behind the counter suggested the trucks and the berrings, I walked across the aisle to the Van's store
and bought a sheet of grip tape, carried that back the Tony Hawk store and then the counter guy put it all
together for me. Soup to nuts I think I spent around $160. I bought the helmet and pads on a different day,
but I don't remember how much that stuff cost. Since I knew wasn't going to be doing drop ins, nose grinds,
pop shovits or having my picture taken while in mid air, and because I knew I was buying the board to hopefully
better my wakeboard riding skills, graphics played no role in my deck selection (the underside of
my deck is pink!). I just went for the largest deck the store had.
That's about it. I can offer no skateboard purchasing advice. I can only tell my story

Doreen, Connor and I are going to hit SOS, Brave New World and Frankie's tomorrow around 6:00pm on our way
down to 60 Sylvia. If anyone's in the area and wants to tag along, you know how to get a hold of me.

JB on the VS network announcing, riding and already doing PR for the 2007 NJ Wakefest. The man is ubiquitous.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-04-2006, 4:35 AM Reply   
Alex, I posted about Offshore marine's used boats in case any of the NJ crew are looking to buy. He's got (2) older MC Tristar v-drives for around $12K and a 2001 MC X-star around $29K. (Saw the X-star yesterday and it looks sweet!)

The other day I got "the book" DVD set for my birthday from Laura and the kids. That should help pass the time during winter :-)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-06-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
So I buttoned up the boat yesterday...parked, blocked, covered up and roped down! It was sad...
But the good news is I have a HUGE stereo project and a few other tricks up me sleeve for the spring! New Tower box, sub box etc. Plus a new design for the freshwater shower system.

Looks like the BlastMaster5000 is going to have a sibling!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-06-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Well, we hit Surf & Offshore, hung-out a while, chit chatted with Craig and bought Conner two new stretchy hats.
Since the hats were the goal of our mission, we had no need to go to Brave New World, so after SOS we headed
straight to Frankie's. Oh man. We had to wait for a table, so while waiting by that little fireplace in
the front corner I threw-back at least three or four beers, and those beers set the stage for a Frankie's style
feeding frenzy of Frankie's nachos, Frankie's wings, fries and another beer or two. Oh yeah. There's no
place like Frankie's.

Bent Felix, however, wasn't nearly as satisfying. I got through the first few segments, but
the dreary music forced me to shut it off and throw it back in its box. My eyes told me I was watching
wakeboarding, but the music sounded like I should have been watching a figure skating highlights
reel or something. I plan to give it another chance though. Sometimes songs sound better after you
listen to then a few times. We'll see.

So The Blast Master family is growing. Nice! Are there eventually going to be family reunions? If so, I think
it would be appropriate for them to be held at The Irish Pub in Atlantic City!
http://www.theirishpub.com/html.htm
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
off-water training...

aside from skateboarding, i've been using a vew-doo balance board for some off-water balance and strenght training. i really think they give you a fuller workout and really work your thighs, ankles and calves. i balance, do shuv-its, 180s and squats. i also do some 180s (and blind) without the roller, just to become more comfortable with a controlled (fully body) spin. i think that SLOW squats are the most effective....it works out the muscle in tiny tiny segments which drastically improves your balance (i've already noticed a big difference)

it's safe, indoor and real effective. about 20 minutes and you really work up a sweat. the true key is the full range (tiny incremens) of thigh muscles you work, as opposed to gym squats which build strenght but not balance. you could probably tie up a handle and do ever more exercises.

the boards come in different sizes (geared towards surfing) so you can get a "big wave" board if you have bigger feet or want a little more board under you. i've got one the size of skateboard deck.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-08-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
Dave I don't know when your b-day was but Happy belated Birthday!!

Michele and I miss everyone! I'm bored as hell and need a winter hobby. Where's the snow damn it? Anywho, we've been busy at my sister's, family things and the like. Not much going on except football each weekend. I wanted to go out for my b-day this weekend but we're throwing my sister a surprise 30th party on Saturday, my b-day is Friday. So oh well, she deserves it more than me. She's going to be extremely surprised!!

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well and it seems like keeping busy. Eustace is going back to the skateboard roots and Alex is along for the ride, Kevin is dreaming of new projects to work on, Dave is honing his skills with "The Book", Charles is honing is skills with a vew-do balance board (like he needs to).

Alex if you all get together at the Irish Pub let us know, I love that place. Another great Irish bar in AC is Tir-Na-Nog in the Trop.

I have off next Friday. Michele leaves next Thursday for a convention for work. So if anyone wants to get together for whatever, give me a (as Doug puts it) "holler"!!!

Speaking of Doug, where's Doug?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-08-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Justin, thanks and happy birthday (early) to you!

That Irish pub sounds cool, maybe a good spot to gather after the AC boat show?

Skateboarding+concrete=PAIN! I get banged-up enough on the water! Maybe a suit made of bubble-wrap in my size? Oh well, I'll just wait until the river is above 60 degrees again. :-)

My boat is all winterized and put away, so KG I know what you mean. Sometimes I just pull the cover off and sit in it during the winter, making vroom-vroom engine noises! :-)

Justin, I'm off next friday too. Give me a holla if you want to hang-out or whatever.

We need more of our group at the X-mas party this year (JB, Jim, George, Woody, Doug, Charles are you listening?)
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       11-08-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
we will be at the SOS party for sure this year. Here is a link to some crazy number game while your bored surfing the net.

http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/games/magic-gopher-central.swf
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-08-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
This thread is ridiculously large.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-08-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
Kevin, Karen, Doreen and I hit The Irish Pub for lunch right after the AC boat show last year. It's a great
"old time" Atlantic City type of place. I used to smoke cigars right at the table in the dining area!
The next time we're thinking about an Irish Pub run Justin, we'll definitely let you know. Or maybe we
should have a wakeboard crew mid-winter party there. After the AC boat show? Last year's show wasn't particularly
stimulating (except for Twiggy and the unvailing of the BM5k!). Unless JB's working a rail jam or something there
this year, I don't know if we'll be doing the whole boat show thing again.

Also Justin, Doreen was just asking "Aren't we supposed to be going out for Justin's birthday again soon?"
It was a year ago already when the six of us hit Franike's and Jenk's for a night of over-eating, over-drinking
and some really bad dancing!

The Super Air doesn't get Winterized and shrink wrapped until next weekend. I'm hoping to get a final coat of
wax on it this weekend before it goes into its long hibernation. Anyone know any good vinyl repair guys?
Old     (jefflef)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
Bordentown
Sat
Nov 11 Partly Cloudy
70°
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-09-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Anodyne,
We love our thread. Not to long till the "New Jersey Riders 2007" thread is launched!

and for the rest of you, I believe 2007 is going to be a banner year for us! I have gotten no less than 10 emails in the last 3 weeks about ppl finding http://wakeboardnj.com and saying they had no idea there was wakeboarding in NJ! (I guess those search words on the website are working). Hopefully a bunch of new faces and boats will be joining the different crews in the Deleware, Avalon and other spots.

only 7 months till the NJ-Wakefest 2007!

oh yea; Hi Justin!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-14-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Hey Gang! Hope all is well. I figured I’d share the latest project. It starts with wanting to work on a Christmas gift.

I joke with Anthony about having his own board company some day, so I decided to get the ball rolling with a logo. I’m having stickers made up so that we can give them as one of his stocking stuffers.

Look for a A.N.T. Originals in a pro shop near you…..

Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-14-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
That's a great logo...very very cool!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-18-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Just to remind/inform everyone, our own Doug F. will be running the Philadelphia marathon tomorrow (sunday). BEST OF LUCK TO DOUG!

The race starts at 8am, hopefully it will be televised. I'll be watching!
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-19-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
Hi all, just registered here got told this would be a good place to find out more about the NJ scene. Just picked up my boat this past summer 04 Mastercraft X10. I am up in Morris county and I am always lookin for some people to go out boarding with.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-19-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
Greetings Dave M. This is probably the worst time of year to try assemble a wakeboarding crew or even to meet
new wakeboarding people. However, most of us here are going to be getting-together socially at the annual
Surf & Offshore Christmas party on Saturday December 9. If you're interested in meeting and mingling with
some New Jersey wakeboarders, this will be a good opportunity.

Well, the Super Air was Winterized AND shrink wrapped this past Saturday. My mechanic also removed one
of my four motor mounts to clean in his glass bead cleaning machine, repaint black and reinstall in
the Spring with new stainless steel hardware. Here's a picture of the extraction.
Upload

And here's the motor mount.
Upload

And remember the picture of me "motivating" Doreen's kids to repair the 60 Sylvia bulkhead? Well, now that
the 60 Sylvia bulkhead has failed and needs to be replaced, here's a picture of the same crew (+1) this
past Saturday shovelling 60 Sylvia's stones so they don't get lost in the lagoon during the new bulkhead's
construction.
Upload

And finally, I think I see an opportunity here to get-in on the ground floor of a venture with very promising
growth potential. I may have to reevaluate my personal investment portfolio and diversify by buying some
stock in Antman Innovations!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-20-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
Hollar-
Michelle and Justin guess what, I saw Mannyonk it was miles 19 thru 22 of my race, which I finished in 3:31 minutes, putting me in 1,283th place out of 6,119 people. On a side note, it figures that the day before the race, on my last prep run I had my first Asthma attack in three years, so that made me real excited.

Anyway I have been out of the loop because of a multitude of reasons. I spent a couple of days in LA before heading up to San Fran to meet some people. Both cities were cool and made even better because I got to hang out with the roommates from college while getting put up in a sweet hotel from work.

Just before my traveling I was sick with the flu for a week. That was great.

Lastly so all the hard work I put into the new hard wood floors did not quite pay off. Not even a month old and the hot water heater decided to do some sort of implode, break, stop working, pour all the water from the basin thing all over the floor. And then seep into the groves to cause a buckling discoloration that means redoing everything. That translates into no fun.

Oh well. i did buy a new bottle of tequila so that made the day alittle better. It is actually really cool it is a glass on glass type bottle. There are two types of tequila in two bottles in one bottle. i liked it.

okay
Brian- I agree with the consensus Ant's logo is pretty sweet.

Alex- looks like the hard work was a blast,

Okay back to work,

Doug
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-20-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Doug F. congrats on finishing the marathon! Way more than I could ever do!

Famous quote "Hi, I'm Doug. I have tequila!"

Dave M.- Welcome to our thread! (I've talked to you on the MC site) Hope to meet-up with you next year! It's going to be a great season!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-21-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Hi everyone!

I want to wish you all a Happy and safe Thanksgiving! Enjoy all of the food!

Doug, congrats on finishing the marathon, that's quite an accomplishment. Manayunk is a very cool little town.

Alex, that motor mount looks worked!! I'm sure it will come back to you good as new though. It seems that work on the 60 Sylvia bulkhead will commence sometime in the neat future?? Looking forward to seeing that. I find it funny how in that picture Connor seems to be the only one not doing any work. He looks like he's goofing off. Get to work Connor!!

Brian I like the Ant Originals logo as well. Who's the artist, you, Annette or someone else? Very creative.

Oh, and welcome to the NJwakeriders Crew Dave M.!

I'm off for the next two days, HOORAY!!!

Countdown: 18 days and counting!!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-22-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Geez, once again I find myself needing to make excuses for not posting. I must aplogize, all my computer times seems to be spent nerding out on fantasy football stats.

It seems the stoke is still alive and well amongst our wake family! Good to see and hear it.

Alex, that bulkhead has been a serious effort this year. hopefully it's all done and will be goos to go for the next 50 years or so.

And the smartass in me must point out something in the bottom photo of youe latest work crew: IS it me or does the guy in the middle look like he's taking a shovel handle shot to slim and the twins?

Anyway, barring any unforeseen changes it looks like Amy and I will be making the trip down to Surf and Offshore for the Christmas party. It will be good to catch up with everyone as we head into the Christmas holiday.

And here's the $.50 to think about--While Bordentown certainly was a good site, is there somewhere else where we can be closer to the on-water action? Do we want to scout a new locale or shall we make Bordetown become "Boardin' Town" in 2007.

I'm ready to roll on our '07 Wakefest!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-22-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
JB,

Good to hear from you once again.....we knew you would come home to NJ eventually :-)

Funny that you bring up the wakefest location question.....I would suggest you guys take a look at Florence, just 5 miles south of Bordentown. Here's a few things it has to offer:

-Paved parking lot for 18 truck/trailer combos and 20 more spaces for cars.
-Lots of parking on the street for more cars
-Nice grassy area (no mud) with walkways that lead to a deck/bulkhead that faces the water. Spectators could view riders from less that 200 feet away!
-Gazebo which would make a perfect "stage" for the host with the mic.
-Easy location to find from the NJ turnpike and I-295.
-Nice double-wide ramp with dock space for 4 boats for loading and unloading.
-Quiet area with no interstate highway overhead.

The only drawback that I see is there are no picnic tables, but I have some ideas about that and other things which I can discuss with you guys in the near future.

Anyone want to scope out the area? We could all meet there on a saturday and then retreat to Chickie & Petes in Bordentown for some lunch. Let me know.

-Dave
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-26-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
13 more days ppl!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-28-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
"Slim and the Twins" Funny! I never heard that before! Yes, that's Doreen's older son Ryan workin' the
shovel with slim and the twins. And yes Justin, while everyone else was laboring, Connor was using his
shovel only to hone his majorette skils.

Around six or seven years ago (I'm not really sure) Doreen and I went to a New Year's Eve party at my
friend Mike Portnoy's house. In addition to many solo projects, www.mikeportnoy.com Mike is the drummer in a
band called Dream Theater. www.dreamtheater.net At the end of the night when most of the other guests had
left, Mike, Dream Theater guitarist John and I went downstairs to Mike's media room to smoke cigars. As we
began puffing-up, Mike threw a video in, and it was a bootlegged copy of the original HBO episodes of
Tenacious D. This was my initial introduction to "The D" and I was an immediate fan. So why am I tellig this
long non wakeboard related story? Because Doreen and I went to see the new Tenacious D movie this past weekend.
Other than us, there was only three other couples in theater. Not everyone gets The D. My review? I loved
it. But unless you're already into Tenacious D and get the humor, I wouldn't recommend it.

And speaking of movie reviews, I rewatched Bent Felix. It was better the second time, but I can't help
but see the cinematography, editing and over-all production as a Ronn Seidenglanz emulation. And speaking of
Ronn, have you checked-out www.sidewayz.com lately? The entire site has been upgraded and some of it
is even still under construction. The Captain Greenhead column is still alive, but The Captain still doesn't
have the new FTP link to the new site.
And in addition to Captain Greenhead, Ronn's going to be doing some writing, along with Sidewayz
employee Elanna. Ronn's also trying to get a certain special rider to write a litle something now and then
for the column too, but only time will tell.

Sheesh, why do I have so much to write about?? The Florence ramp is defintely "nicer" in many ways than
Bordentown, but it might be too small. Do we want to grow or downsize the wakefest? We drew a respectable
crowd on June 3. If we increase every component of the event by 50% this time around, plus possibly add
new elements (i.e. vendor tents, radio station participation, etc), we're going to need room. But of course,
my vision of wakefest 2007 may be anomalous. And speaking of the wakefest, I got a call from a guy named Bob
in Wisconsin the other day. Bob is putting together his first wakeboarding event in August 2007. His
research eventually brought him to www.njwakefest.com where he got my cell phone number, and he
called to pick my brain and see if I could give him any pointers. We had a good chat.

Finally, if anyone cares, Doreen and I are planning to get to the SOS Christmas party around 6:00pm.
And remember to be careful where you park. Pretty much the entire front of SOS is a no parking zone
and the tolerance of the Point Pleasant Beach constabulary is limited.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-29-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
Tenacious D!
Haven't sene the movie, but I just got home from the Tenacious D concert in Camden tonight. Those guys and their band of Colonel Sanders, Chalrie Chaplin and the AntiChrist's son put on an entertainling show. Good stuff!

We'll try to get to the party on the earlier end as well.

And as for the Florance ramp, let's go and take a peep and maybe even talk to the township on what it takes to get the place permitted for use. I'll call the township and see what it would take.
We'll at least have some of those questions answered and we can go from there.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
Good stuff Alex, how cool is that people are tracking you down for Wakefest advice. If they put half the energy you put into the NJ Wakefest it will no doubt be a success.

I’m open to changing the location, but at the same time I have become quite partial to Bordentown. We have a good rapport with the lady who runs the ramp and not to mention the Police have never been an issue.

JB, good to hear you are going to make the SOS party. I met a friend of yours and KG’s by the name of Gary Kindle (Excuse the spelling?). Says he knows you guys from Avalon. Our meeting is kind of a funny story, share it with you all next Saturday.
Old     (mike_baione)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-01-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
NJ RIDERS !!!! very cool, big group keeping going ALL year, just spent about 30 minutes cruisin through this post.....

Gotta say little jealous, maybe one day NY RIDERS !!!

We have good crew on lake Mahopac ( about 45 minutes drive north of GWB)

Lake is still high , we went riding yesterday !!!! Figured our last hit.

But Nooooooo, November 30th its just not December!!!!!

We are doing it again this weekend, any you NJ RIDERS up for a road trip we would love to host you.Map quest Mahopac, N.Y zip code 10541

Will have Blackberry with me, send me an email.

Pretty pumped up, We are doing a full santa costume over dry suit, just trying to figure out what to use as a stomach: gotta get fat.

Invite is serious.

"Santa will Raley if he lands his Tantrum"
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-01-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Hey Mike: Mahopac, huh? A lifetime ago I used to go to a bowling alley/bar/club up in Carmel to see a freind's
band play. I totally can't remember the name of that place. Oh well.
Thanks for the open invitation this weekend, but I have to work on Saturday, and Sunday is already slated
for (gulp) yard work. KG, this invite has your all over it!
Santa suit over the dry suit? Once your Santa suit gets saturated it will get heavy. Would you agree Doug?

Getting to the SOS Christmas party around 6:00pm really isn't "early." Actually, the invitaion's printed start
time is 5:00pm. And I'm pretty sure the in-house SOS crew starts even earlier than that. At 6:00pm the
food will still be hot and plentiful, the kegs will be tapped, the bluegrass band will be playing, Craig
will be in exceptionally good spirits and the party will be pretty much in full swing. And remember; Craig's
mother and sister like seeing people in festive holiday apparel and Santa hats!

Just saw "The D" live JB? Very cool. The first time you came to 60 Sylvia you said you and your buddies were
gearing-up to go see Train Wreck.

It's good to hear you have your post-party accomodations in place Eustace.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-02-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Mike, good of you to check-in.
I've been meaning to make a road trip to Mahopac but never made it......hopefully next year! If your invite still stands, I'll keep your e-mail handy (fridays are good for me too if the lake gets to crowded on weekends, unless we can get all the NJcrew to come up and invade your lake!)

Unfortunately, Laura and I will not be able to make the SOS party next weekend. We have another party to attend here, but hope to see all of you real soon. Have fun and take lots of pics!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-03-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Alex i would have to agree with you, santa suits get extremely heavy when submerged in water. But it will be pretty cool to go wakeboarding in december.

So this week i am going to be redonkuelusly busy, besides the fact that i should find out tommorrow if i got the new apartment i applied for, (they have to still do a background check which should come back fine)i have to research different types of boards and board lengths and all that stuff.
I get to do all of that because i am going to buy myself a christmas present this saturday.
I spoke with kevin about it the other day for a quick minute and i think i am going to go with a continuous rocker, but I do not know much more. I mean all the different boards have these discriptions of being fast or softer landings or rides higher on the water. (I don't get it, i mean doesn't the boat cause you to faster.)

Oh well time to go to best buy and look at tv's because if my apartment comes with HD tv service included i might as well have an HD TV. See you all this saturday.

Doug
Old     (mike_baione)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-04-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
Dave,
Invade away, definetly set up a day or two midweek next summer. Leave boats home have plenty of V drives on lake.

See new thread "Santa Rides"

F#$K yeah, good call Santa did get heavy.Had dry suit with approved vest underneath,still was only enough to just keep me floating.

Definetly added about 50 more lbs. felt like 1,000.

I figured on falling once and ending set, but got up 3 more times!! I was already wet in pictures on thread.

Mike
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-05-2006, 4:58 AM Reply   
Dave, how far is mahopec from the Tappen Zee, I am about 15 minutes from there.

Michelle Justin, you coming on saturday.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-05-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
yikes it's been 8 days since I posted last...shame on me!
Welcome Mike! while your not in NJ were glad to have you visit the thread. And of course we woudl be happy to invade your lake sometime! And to be honest I might have considered taking you up on the offer for Sat but I was feeling like hell from a cold. Glad to hear some in the NE are still braving the waters!

So this Sat...who all is going and what time you plan on getting to town? Karen and I would like to hit Brave new world b4 the festivities...anyone else?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-05-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
Kevin, Annette and I where planning on hitting Brave New World prior to the SOS party. My best guess says we get there around 5 then on to SOS at 6. Give me a call when you get there 267 640-1327.

Mike, good of you to join the conversation, btw what was the water temp last weekend?
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-05-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
What is Brave new world???
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-05-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Doug, my guess would be Mahopac is about 45 minutes from the Tappen Zee. Could make for a nice early sat. morning ride sometime next season.
Old     (mike_baione)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-05-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
Mahopac is 40- 45 min. max. from Tappan Z.
Weekend before 11:00 a.m are great, after that its pretty much riding a double up all day, except for that last hour.

Alot of spectators on boats and shore make it fun to go out at any time, even if it is crap.

Water temp. was around 50 last weekend.( not bad) As long as the sun is out its ok.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-05-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Oh yeah... The annual pre-party stroll around Brave New World. I forgot about that. Doug, Brave New
World http://www.bravesurf.com/index.html is a big retail store full of all kinds of cool stuff. I
think last year there were even some guys out front having fun on snowboards with a wooden ramp, a pile of
store-bought snow and a small rail. I bought a cool Quicksilver shirt there last year. Ok then! Brave New
World it is!

As of right now, Doreen and I are planning to roll into Point around 4:00pm. We can easily be at BNW at 5:00,
or earlier! So, if anyone's in town early and wants to hook up, call/text us! And since we'll be doing the
annual pre-party gathering at BNW, let's not forget the annual post-party gathering at Frankie's!
Aw yeah! Frankie's nachos! But alas, we can't smoke cigars at Frankie's anymore. But I talked to Craig
about having a cigar area at SOS, and he said we can puff-up out the back door by the kegs. So, if you think
you might want to add to the festive holiday spirit by roasting a stogy, be sure to bring one.

And finally, no NJ crew gathering would be complete without at least an honorary mention of our girl Lori.
Here. Check-out her blog http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/LFrisard/
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-06-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I last checked in...

Mike, glad to see you on the thread. Road trips are always a good time. Change of scene next season would be very cool!

Doug, Justin and I will of course be attending the annual SOS party and Frankies (and the BNW run as well). Pops and Mom Lef may even be stopping by (I think my dad wants to talk my mom into getting him a new vest). Hopefully we can get there by 5:00. We have a Bar Mitzvah to attend around 11:30 or so in North Jersey, so it's gonna be a long day of travel. We'll need a couple Red Bull and Vodkas to keep us going.

Can't wait to see everyone!!
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-06-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Hello. I got a place in Brick to spend the night, so I will be attending the SOS party. It sounds like 6:00 pm is the time to arrive. Friday night at Giant Stadium Princeton Ski shop and Burton are putting on a rail jam. The pros are on at 7 pm. I am going to go. Here's a link if you are interested. http://www.princetonoutdoor.com/page.htm?PG=Rail_Jam
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-10-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
I'm never drinking again.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-10-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Sat was a blast...and here was our fearless leader Pimp Daddy Santa!
Upload

I also found in the same set of pics...
Upload
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-11-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
hit the wakes, by any chance do you know Charlie from Moohopac Marina? If so tell him Gavin says hi and to watch out for the banner tape, if you know charlie the expresion on his face will be priceless!

To all the NJ, have a fun safe holiday season and I will hopefully see you all early next season. I actually finally got my boat into storage last Thursday, it was sad to see it go but that can only mean one thing, ski season is rolling in! If anyone snowboards Blue during the week shoot me a note, would love to meet up some time.
Old     (mike_baione)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
Don't know what the H*** that means, but i will tell him.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-13-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Good Times!!

This first one is for Annette

Upload
Upload

Doreen looks on in horror as Doug eats
from Annette’s hand
Upload
Upload