Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
Whats the story on these, are they worth looking at if the stringers are solid? Found a 76 locally for $2,500.
Upload
Upload
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
While I'm at it, is there any difference in a Ski Nautique and a Ski Tique?
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
They are small, but decent boats. The Tique's are about a foot shorter, usually with a 302 instead of a 351.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-21-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
I have an 80 and I love it. It's a boat for 3-4 bodies. Get an ext. Pylon and a rack and you're going!.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
Thanks guys...
Any more input? Anybody got one with some weight in it?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
I have been behind the 2001 hull Nautiques and a 1976 Nautique. The 76 has a narrower wake and it is a little more abrupt and has less transition than the 2001 hull. Very rideable, but I have never been behind one with weight other than people. The Ski Tique is essentially the same hull, only a full foot shorter. On a side note, they are alot of fun to drive and handle like they are on rails. Due to the size, they will be short on space, so a pylon or tower with racks like Luciano mentioned will make the lack of space more liveable without boards laying everywhere. If the floor/stringers are good, that is a great deal, I have seen them for cheaper, but they needed alot of work and floors.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-21-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
We load mine with 2 fat buddies (220 lbs??), one between the observer's seat and the engine box and the other behind the engine box. Plus 2 or 3 people the wake is pretty nice. We ride at 22MPH and leave one section of the Accurate Jacket rope off. so that's like 70 with the handle I guess

Since the boat is small if you weight it too much you'll need more speed to get the wake shaped, so how much you weight add also depends on what speed you like to ride.

Another tip is to weight it evenly rear/front so the wake doesnt get too steep.
When heavy loading the boat you might even consider placing more weight amid-ship or up front to get it shaped.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
Much more helpful...thanks guys!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-22-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
thats a great boat at that price, weighted properly and it will throw an awsome wake.