Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (Anderson109)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-01-2014, 6:59 PM Reply   
I just purchased a 2008 Bayler 195 F 19. I know my basics when it comes to hooking up sound systems and actually know quite a bit, but now with this boat, i want to be able to power the system while the boat is off and not drain my battery. I want to have the original four speakers that are in the boat still hooked up. I ordered the tower speakers, the Kicker speaker bar which has 4 kicker speakers on it. And also want to place two 12" subs on the boat as well. I will be running it all through a 2000 watt amp. What do i have to do, to be able to run this system, without being stranded at the sandbar with a dead battery!? I do know i might have to add a battery or two, so any help on wiring them together would be great!

Last edited by Anderson109; 04-01-2014 at 7:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-02-2014, 4:56 AM Reply   
Blue seas add a battery kit. and you're done. schematics come with it. basically has a relay that looks at the incoming voltage if it is around 14amps (meaning your alternator is on) then it charges both batteries. if it isnt it isolates your house/stereo load from your starter battery. ensuring you will always have a starter battery left to get you home. You can also combine the batteries. So say your starter battery goes out you can combine the batteries and use your house battery to start the boat.
Old     (Anderson109)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-03-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
That simple huh? Is this the right thing i am looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en
Old     (Anderson109)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-03-2014, 8:00 AM Reply   
Sorry i guess the add has expired or something, however i purchased it there was only two to select from so hopefully it works, thanks for the information! Is there anything else i should know when i start to hook this system up in my boat that anyone could fill me in with before i wire something wrong? haha