Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (michelle69)      Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Chico, CA       04-10-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
There is a slight tinted ring around my boat at the water line that will not come off easily...What should I use and what process?

I also have white interior that has a slight film over certain areas from what seems to be tanning products and possible skin! Ewww...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-10-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
Boat Bling makes great products. The Hot Sauce gets that scum off easily. For the interior, I clean with the Vinyl Sauce and then apply the Conditioning Sauce to keep the vinyl protected and soft.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       04-10-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Boat Bling makes great products. The Hot Sauce gets that scum off easily. For the interior, I clean with the Vinyl Sauce and then apply the Conditioning Sauce to keep the vinyl protected and soft.
I agree with chatt. The vinyl sauce and conditioner are great, and the hot sauce should take that scum right off.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-10-2013, 2:30 PM Reply   
Depends how bad the scum is. Hot Sauce is great for doing the wipe down and getting the regular residue off the hull. If you have the real baked on crap it isn't going to cut it.

For that, try a product like Slimy Grimy: http://www.amazon.com/Slimy-Grimy-Sp...ds=slimy+grimy

On my old boat, the only time I left it in the water more than a day was at one of the nastiest lakes you can go to (Buckeye Lake in Ohio). Man made, 9' at its deepest part and most of it is 5', nasty, stump filled sewer of a lake with dead fish all over. After a week in that, I could not get the brown film off no matter how hard I tried...from washing it to a scrub brush to whatever other cleaning crap I had laying around.

Squirted this stuff on it, let it sit for a couple of minutes and rinsed the boat. It all just washed right off with just the hose. It is really good stuff. I'm sure there are other similar products to it but this is what I use. Not something I would use as a daily cleaner but great for those really tough jobs.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-10-2013, 3:53 PM Reply   
What color is the hull?
Old     (wdr)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-10-2013, 5:23 PM Reply   
Ebony hull here. Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner works like a champ for those once a year jobs and won't hurt the fiber glass. Keep it off of anything else you don't want etched, burned or stained i.e., SS, carpet or brass/bronze.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-10-2013, 6:37 PM Reply   
The best stuff I have used for getting all of the dirt off seats is malco vinyl cleaner. If you spray it on, scrub with a soft bristle brush, then wipe off with a rag of warm water, the seats will look brand new. I have always used babes seat saver after to protect them and really like it but have heard a lot of good things about the boat bling products as well.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-10-2013, 7:11 PM Reply   
I used a hydrochloric acid based toilet bowl cleaner. Barely even had to scrub it. Works wonders as a hull cleaner.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-10-2013, 10:06 PM Reply   
I like white vinegar - spray on, let it soak for a minute m, then wash it off.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-11-2013, 6:26 AM Reply   
If the boat bling products don't work, I would cut muratic acid with water. Wash it quickly after. Here in oklahoma we have very hard murky water. We left my boat in the water one weekend at Texoma and you could see every spot we missed with the hot sauce before the trip. It took a few washes with acid to get the stains out.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-11-2013, 6:55 AM Reply   
Boat Bling for the Win.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-11-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Appreciate the kind words for Boat Bling! As others have said, if our Hot Sauce product won't touch the stain/build up its time to break out the acid.

A highly diluted muriatic (pool) acid & water mix in a spray bottle should do the trick. Be very careful, use gloves, and wash everything thoroughly with plenty of water.

Reapply a coat or two of polymer wax before getting back to the lake. That should help protect it from future issues.

Feel free to reach out directly with any questions.

Zack@boatbling.net
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-11-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
Marykate On and Off Hull Cleaner. Use a garden sprayer, I wouldn't use any acid with a spray bottle getting your face near the mist, it hurts. Marykate, then do a wash and then throw a nice wax like Collinite on, thats what I do...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-11-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   

Talking about lake scum, check out this video I made a few years back with one of my old A22's. If you listen carefully, you can hear my 3 year old bang her head on the wedge. hahaha
Old     (oldstv)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-12-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
I use hull cleaner at the beginning of each season. It gets the gel nice and clean and then apply the wax. This has been my process since 06 on this boat it still looks like new.