Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-30-2006, 10:17 PM Reply   
The Supreme 2007 model website is up, check it out. www.skisupreme.com
Old     (sharkyvonmarks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-05-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
dude the boats is built by fine line industies the last time i was there for training the boarder patrol pulled up and the factory was empty in 15 seconds the guy from the roach coach even took off running supremes and centurions are the cheapest and worst built boats i have ever come-across it's a dam shame that the boats are on the market in my professional opinion the are unsafe and not wothy of being on the market we hade so many misshapps w/ both of those lines it's amazing nobody was killed!!!!! i was there and i have seen first hand the b.s. the manufacurer hands out. if you are looking for a cheap boat and don't care about your friends or family you should look at it and buy it but beware and remember i told you so.... and no i'm not an uppset ex-empolyee just fed up w/ the is kick out by the owner of Supreme and Centurion distributor and tired of taking the hits by pissed off customers because there boats are falling apart. so call it what you will it's the truth!!!!!!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-05-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Don't sugercoat it, tell us how you really feel.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-05-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
lol, sounds like someone is having a good day
Old    mendo247            12-05-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
wow sorry to hear that.. ive always liked the looks of supreme boats, ive heard a few mixed feelings on the wakes but all in all i think theyre decent boats from what ive seen..

Brodie seems to be doin alright behind it in a few of those pics on the new site!!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-05-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Rich, why do you think they are dangerous and badly built?!?!?
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-05-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
That is awesome to see Brodie and Brady in those photos. Way to go guys!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-05-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
Rich,

Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with the company. I take it you are a dealer owner? Are these warranty issues on new boats or these boats 1-5 years old or what? Could you tell me more about the safety issues are these with the boats or the manufacturing processes? Shouldn't you be dealing with
Kal Kustoms?

I just bought an 06 V220 and contacted 10 plus Supreme owners from WW prior to purchasing my boat and 9 out of 10 were happy and satisfied owners.

I'd like to hear more of what you have to say, please explain the issues with more detail.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-05-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
"Brodie seems to be doin alright behind it in a few of those pics on the new site!!"....only thing is guys like Brodie can ride just about any boat and look good! I have ridden in and looked at both these brands pretty closely at boat shows and felt the quality was lacking just a bit, but thats just my honest opinion. To each his own. I will say that it seems like all the boats get a little better each year though.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-06-2006, 4:16 AM Reply   
Rich,

4 words for you: "Innocent until proven guilty"

if you can prove to us that there are major issues, then we might listen to you, but if you're just going to babble and rant and throw a fit without backing, you just further undermine your credibility. Being a dealer and venting on Wakeworld Fineline already puts your credibility in question. You're obviously a businessman... you understand that business relies upon facts and estimates to make major decisions. So give us your facts and estimates on Fineline...

Additionally, this was a post focusing on the new Supreme website, not the failures of Fineline's Dealer support and boat manufacturing. If you're trying to find an ear to pour into, you might as well start your own thread.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
Rich G,

I don't think anyone could hardly find you credible after looking at your profile. It says that you own an Enzo 240v? I am not sure that Centurion has an Enzo 240v, last I looked they have an Enzo SV240. I would also like to hear some legitimate stories about Fineline to back up your harsh comments. Something tells me that there is more to the story...My opinion, somebody got fired.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-06-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
OK so i had to register just to respond to this. I own a '95 Tige' 2000 slm comp which some may know was built by Fineline for Tige before they got thier own factory. Almost 800 hours and 11 years later and no issues other than normal wear and tear. Oh yeah, nobody'd been hurt either!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-06-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Do the math guys....this is the infamous Rich from a recently shuttered Sacramento dealer group......
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-06-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
Ohhhh. Is that the same rich in this posting?
http://www.hammersskisucks.com/
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-06-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
yup.....
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Oh brother you just have to love this stuff!

Straight form his suck web page

"Centurion makes great boats, no complaints there, just don't buy it from hammers ski in rancho cordova, also listed as sacramento."

(Message edited by krbaugh on December 06, 2006)
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
Wrong thread. Sorry.

(Message edited by CBK on December 06, 2006)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
Exactlly what I said
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-07-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
I love my Supreme. Love it, Love it, Love it. Would trade for my boat for any other. Two years, no problems, no hazardous situations, nobody been hurt. I am very happy with MY choice in the boat I picked. I looked at many boats, many different companies, many different dealers and I am very happy with all my decisions. Wouldn't change anything if I could. Call it what you will, It's the truth!!!! I have however been hurt on another boat by a different maker. Slip and fall, had them install some gator grip. Hazardous situation resolved. It was a close call for the boys, if you know what I'm saying.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-07-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
Meant to say "Wouldn't trade my boat for any other".
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-07-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
DITTO!!!!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-07-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
Well if think the story with Rich has come full circle.
On another note I looked at the photos on nicksters site and my wiring and behind the dash work look clean and professional, sorry to hear about the problems he has had, but so far I love my Supreme.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
I've got to chime in being a happy supreme owner especially since supreme boats dont get alot of play on WW. I have an 05' that has has been trouble free and safe! It's a great boat that has provided my family and friends with many good times.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-07-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
me too...I loved our '02 V220.

We put over 900 hours on it, always carrying an extra 2000lbs or more, and it always ran great.(Any boat that hauls that much weight for that many hours is a well built boat,IMO)
I also cant recall any issues with its construction that put my/or anyone else's safety at risk.

Congrats Steve, you'll be happy with her!
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-07-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
My Two cents.
I'm quite happy with my V220 and I get to ride behind a V208 alot. Both make excellent wakes when properly weighted. I have had zero problems with my boat 2002. I would buy another one and recommend one to anyone looking to save a little dough or that was just starting out.
Each boat is different, so to classify all of them as "unsafe or "falling apart" is just stupid and wrong. But I think we have established the I.Q. level we are dealing with in the above post(Rich).
The only intelligent thing he said was dealers were having problems with factory support (parts, Warranty payment ect). That was with Leo at the helm, Ron and Kal Kustoms hopefully will solve that.
Hey Rich do us all a favor, take up parasailing...
Greg
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-07-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Steve,
That's not my site. I by chance happened to find that. Interesting about the wiring, I have an 01 elite-v and the wiring and inside of the boat does not resemble anything like those photos. The guy that made that website posted on here a little while ago. I have toured the fineline factory in Merced. I saw boats in various stages of build and the quality control looked top notch. Factory support direct to the consumer has been outstanding. i have been taken care of above and beyond 2 times now even though my warranty is over. Can't comment on the dealer to factory relationships however.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-07-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
I'm glad to see all the positive feedback for Supremes and Fineline and Kal Kustoms. I started this thread to get people to take a look at the new Supreme website and models. Then Rich came along and tore into Supremes and Centurions, and as a new owner I was kinda taken back, but like I said in an earlier posting; before I purchased my boat and trailered it 2000 miles back to Texas I contacted 10+ Supreme owners from postings I had read off WW while doing my research on Supremes, Kal Kustoms, and Fineline Inds. as well as The Sporting Edge dealership I bought my boat from.
I contacted several people in this posting alone to get their feedback on their boats...and 9 out of 10 had favorable comments about their boats, so I went ahead and bought my V220.
I think Rich is full of it and if it is the same guy from the Hammer's dealership I wouldn't be suprised, he sounds like your typical used car salesmen.
I'm glad we have an online forum like this to discuss and solicit feedback on. Thanks WW
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-07-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
Just judging by Rich's poor grammar and multiple run-on sentences, I would guess that he is not a reliable source.

My good friend on the other hand has had somewhat of a lemon in his V232. It has had one thing after another go wrong. His Simer pumps have broken multiple times. His back deck warped. The batteries were not wired properly, so somehow he kept killing the batteries even when shut off. Initially had a merc engine problem that caused it to die. All of this has been fixed under warranty, but it was more than most people have go wrong. There is more, but I do not remember the details. The kicker for me on it being completely unacceptable is when the dealer told him the trailer DOES NOT COME WITH A SPARE TIRE!! I asked my friend if he was joking.

The boat is very comfortable. The wakeboarding wake is average with the rear tanks full only and a few people in the boat. It has nice access to the storage areas.
Old     (jwebster)      Join Date: May 2006       12-10-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Rob, you ever get those exhaust tips put on?
Old     (jwebster)      Join Date: May 2006       12-10-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
btw, nice color!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-11-2006, 12:01 AM Reply   
did you contact me regarding supremes?i have a few stories to tell
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-11-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
I love the looks of the Supreme boats. I would love to have one or the MB because you never see many of them around here.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-11-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
talltigeguy,
It's fairly common for spare tires to be an upgrade. Many companies charge for it. In fact all companies charge for it, some just give you the option of not getting one and discounting the price of the boat.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-11-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
My friend was never told it was an option. It just seems like a cheap way for the boat manufacturer to make $100 extra on each boat. Many people won't notice the absence of the spare until it is too late.

I guess if I owned a tire shop, I wouldn't want one, but how many people would spend this kind of coin and then throw on a non-matching spare?
Old     (sharkyvonmarks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-12-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
To all those concerned about my comments on December 5th. I have to say I should not have made the comments that I did, I have sold Supreme's and Centurions for some time and they are GREAT boats. I was very uppset over issues I had no control of. It was extremely childish of me, and to all parties a do APOLOGIZE. I do own a Centurion and I am very happy w/ it, and I have had no problems w/ her. I know for a fact that Supreme is going to be huge this year and I am loving the colors and the graphics they came out w/ for 07. My hat is off to you guys at TEAM SUPREME you have done a great job and I know your working hard to make Supreme a world class comp boat. As for Finline they do bend over backwards to make there customers happy, I have witnessed a couple of occassions where Finline has gone above and beyond to make people happy and all it takes is just a phone call. They have a great customer sevice department dedicated to helping there dealers and the consumer. Again I apologize to anybody I may have hurt, and to the readers on wakeworld. I made a mistake and I will live w/ that, but I felt that I should be man enough to come out and say I'm sorry. Now I know all to well somebody will try and turn this around so let me stop you there, I was not asked to write this !!!! This is from me. I have been in this business for about 4 1/2 years and have sold 513 boats year to date. I have not been able to make everybody happy w/ there purchase from me. I would say 12% of my customers I could not make happy no matter what you do or say. I have never come across another boat salesman that has been able to please all there customers. Boats are in fact custom hand made toys. The sooner people realize this the better off the industy will be. We all love to boat that is why we are on this web site. Again for what it is worth I do APOLOGIZE to Centurion Supreme and to Fineline for my childish comments and to the readers of wakeworld!!!!! Peace.....
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-12-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Let the hazing begin!!!
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Justin, To answer your question...no I did'nt put the exhaust tips on. I spoke with Ron at Kal Kustoms and he said he really did'nt recommend putting them on for several reasons that just made sense,although He is very aware of the vibrations created by the exhaust with the hull design.I just decided to live with it.
Old     (jwebster)      Join Date: May 2006       12-14-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
what were his reasons? Just wondering why they would make them and then recommend against them.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-20-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I have an 04 Supreme V220. I am really liking the new V212. They have changed the upholstery, the dash, glove box, added speakers, cup holders, and ballast system. No more Jabsco pumps!!! They have added a Billet Aluminum option... so they are listening to the customers as to what they want to see in their boats. I guess we will see what the future holds.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-03-2007, 11:09 PM Reply   
Well I see Rich did a 1080 on his story??? Thats the problem sometimes with these forums...all the bashing going on over who's boats the best. We all love being out on the water or we wouldn't be kicking it on this site. Jonny (midwesty) as for not contacting you before I bought my boat, I did not contact you because I read your input about your problems with Supremes on WW before I bought mine so I did use your feedback as one owner who was dissatisfied with Supremes.

Anyway time will tell, Ron at Kal Kustoms seems really open to going the extra mile on customer service, he had my warranty worked arranged to be done at "HWC" Houston Watersports Complex the local Nautique/Sanger dealer (H-Towns Top Notch dealer)since I bought my bought in California and the nearest Supreme dealer is in Dallas.
Just my 2 cents...
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Steve, what's up! We passed a msg on wakesiderides.com. I know your boat's brand new, but you had warranty work done already?

Big ups to Supreme! As a first time boat owner, Supreme is worth every penny. They make it affordable for the people that can't spend the 50K and up boats. It's been 3 years and the only problem I had is with the Jabsco ballast pump. It's a great boat. Anyone know what I can replace the ballast pump with? I'd like to swap out the Jabsco pump this year. It's been acting up and twice I've had to drive home with the port side ballast full of lake water!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-10-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Waylon,

No, I haven't had any warranty work done as of yet, I was trying to get some hours on it before I take it in. I have a punch list of a few minor issues that need to be addressed.

I agree that Supreme's are a great price point boat. This was my first inboard; I had a Chaparral I/O for 6 years prior to purchasing my Supreme. I looked around for 6 months doing research before I made my purchase, I went to just about every dealer in Houston and a few in Dallas as well. My local MC/BU dealer told me that for my needs and budget (35-40K) that I should go with a Supreme, I nor any of my crew are advanced level riders and I put 50-75 hours a season on my boat, he suggested I come back and buy a MC/BU when my needs changed. I appreciated his honesty and probably will go back to him and buy a MC/BU in a few years, wish more dealers were that way.

Anyway, I would suggest anyone looking for a wakeboard boat on a budget take a look at Supremes and for that matter Sangers, Moombas as well, and decide what meets their needs the best. Nuff said.