Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (vols423)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-29-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
Ok guys, I'm new to this site and need some advice and opinions. Looking to buy my first boat and am wanting to make sure that we can surf and wakeboard. Will be pulling tubes on occasion too. I have a max budget of about 90k. I would like to stay in the mid 60's to low 70's. I have looked at moombas and supras thus far in person. REALLY like the looks of the supras but don't know that I need all the gadgets that they have. would be nice but is it really needed? Haven't test driven anything yet and to be quite honest I am a little overwhelmed with all the different products and features. Have a family of 5 and will have an occasional friend or three to tag along. So I think between 20-22ft will be sufficient for us. I see where guys on here talk about the "perfect wake" and how they load all the ballast and its a little over my head. All im looking for is to be able to surf and wakeboard and spend a great day on the lake with the family. Not looking for pro style wakes and all that but I do want a boat that will be sufficient in these areas. Do you need a boat with a 'surf system' on it just to be able to surf? Do you have to add extra ballast to the standard set up if so? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.