Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       10-25-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
So, I was leaving Rivers End this morning, which has a long 5mph no wake zone, and I noticed that the boat randomly was acting like it is going to neutral here and there? One time last weekend I notice once that the boat seemed to skip the prop, like all the sudden there was no water to propel. But this morning I notice that the boat went to "neutral" a few times. Meaning it went out of gear. I checked the tranny linkage and all seemed great. Then I checked the fluid in the tranny with the engine off and tranny warm. I could see the fluid was low but on the stick. So I went back to Rivers End and put in about 3/4 of quart of tranny fluid in. I didn't have any problems after that. Do I need to worry? Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
Sounds like you have a leak some where. That is a lot of fluid loss.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       10-25-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
could I have just burned that much?
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-25-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
Same thing on my boat, I need to fix the gasket this winter. I didn't have the slip, but my warning light came on. I have not seen it leak, but there is a film of oil in the bilge, so it is leaking somewhere. Just another project this winter.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
You would not burn that much with out burnig up the tranny. I would check all lines,trans cooler and feel under the tranny and see if you get fluid on your fingers. It's possible it may only leak under a load wich will make it harder to track down.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       10-25-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
Good thoughts, but Jim it is not the V-drive, it is the Tranny. I will keep you posted. by the way I have 425 hours.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       10-25-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
bye the way Jim, I need one of your HSE's sound control units. Send me one PLEASE!