Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
hey what's up. i've had this video on the back-burner for about a year now and just recently decided to get it finished and posted. all comments and suggestions are welcome. peace.

Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-22-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Nice dude! thats some really impressive riding especially being behind a unwieghted? i/o
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-13-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
Yeah it's a 17' 1992 Four Winns - Freedom. I could be wrong about the year. It's early 90s anyways. We had about 350 pounds of Ballast. The boat can't take a lot more than that. There are a couple shots in the video where it was behind an unweighted ski boat. Not much wake at all. I'm still trying to land an HS 7 off the double-up behind the Four Winns. That is my goal for next year... although I have my doubts. I'm committed to it though!
Old     (kylepower8)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-14-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
nice video dude. and that chipmunk was crazy hahah.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
Nice Ridin Greg!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-15-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
Dude! Okay not to go all off on a rant, but way to freaking go. Multiple inverts, big grab 3's, fives from both sides and even a couple different ollie flips in the flats (not sure what we're calling those these days). I liked the turtles glowing eyes heh.

Very very impressive, this is what wakeboarding is really about and I would so much rather watch you than anyone in some new rich boat.

I rode behind my small i/o for about 12 years, it was a 16.5' 1976 Glastron, we put about 3-4 lbs of water weight in it. I couldn't quite grab my 3's, and only landed a couple back rolls. I've since upgraded to an 87 Supra SunSport last summer. Still trying to dial the wake in but it's a big improvement and surfing rocks. More power to you dude.

What was your injury? This is Ontario?

(Message edited by wakemikey on February 15, 2009)
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
HAHAHA! the chipmunk was funny
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-15-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
Whoa you rip man, inside out back rolls and tantrums to blind rocked, sweet.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-15-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
NIce! You rip. Man I think I rode better back in the day behind a closed bow ski boat. More power to you bro.
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-15-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. That means a lot coming from guys on this forum who actually know how to rip. My buddies give me props but they honestly don't know the difference between a tantrum and a whirlybird. So... thanks again!

WakeMikey, the injury was a buldging disc. It took about a year to recover from. And yes, I ride in Ontario. It's actually up in Peterbourgh on Buckhorn Lake.

Hahaha, the chipmunk was cool. I was trying to feed him peanuts right out of my hand. As you can see in the video, he came within a couple inches of me and the camera but he wouldn't take it right from my hand. The camera wasn't zoomed in at all, that's how close he actually got.

The tantrum to blind I haven't landed yet. Actually, that probably wasn't one of by better attempts. The tantrum to fakie I have landed, just not on film yet.