Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2013, 11:20 AM Reply   
I did something I have never done before, for fun. I took the youtube feed of the live contest at the Northwest Wakesurf Open and then synced it up with HD video. I wanted to see the HD video of Chris Wolter's and James Walkers run as they happened with the audio commentary and all. I also replaced the feed instant replay with a replay and slow mo of every single trick while still keeping in sync. Its bit long, but it def gives you the "I was there" feeling.

I believe, but could be corrected, that this was the first surf style big spin in comp. Check it out:

That was WAY too much fun and both guys threw down amazing runs, I am not a judge, but if James would have landed his big spin, I think he would have taken it, and he was SO close. That shuv in and shuv out he did was very cool.

Rematch is coming this weekend at the Endless Wave Tour Boise Surf This! Bash, if you are anywhere near, come check it out. Along with James and Chris, Chase Hazen, Chris Kinsey Jr, Jimmi Sparling and Aaron Witherell are all also scheduled run in Open Men Surf, its going to be fun.

We are going to try to record the feed and then upload at the end of the day, since the competition is in a remote area and can't be broadcast live. It should work fine.

Here is the roster updated live from the Boise event:

See you there!

Last edited by ragboy; 07-31-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2013, 3:46 PM Reply   
That was super cool. Thanks for sharing. And I just noticed that they're adding longboard to the comps. That should be fun to watch!

Hey Robert, I have a question for you. My 8 year old son is starting to get pretty good and I was wondering about a comp for him next year. What is the Junior cutoff and do they only have Juniors at certain events? (If you know)

thanks again for all you do for the sport.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2013, 3:55 PM Reply   
I answered my own question by looking at your link 13 is the cutoff
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
Yeah, that is the cutoff for the EWT tour, it can be up to 16 at others. I know we do Juniors at the EWT and Longboard, but other events may be different. I know they do Juniors at the NWWSA event which we just came from.

Get him to a comp, it really helps get your kids stoked and want to get on the board more.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-01-2013, 12:07 PM Reply   
That was Really Really Cool and Very Creative Robert!! This coming weekend's Event has all the makings of being Great!!

I have posted so many pics and videos of Chris on this site from the very very beginning of our Wake Surfing Journey!!! Chris has Grown Up and his history has been recorded here from Day 1 ...... from his first ride on a Landlock to his Signature Series Mendonesia Half Moon!!

We met Dennis here first, the Walkers, the Garcias, Jerry Price ...... and all the many other Fantastic People Involved in this Sport!!! It's definitely been a Blessing!!

And We Truly Thank Each and Every One of You Whole Heartedly!!!
Old     (Elite95)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-02-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
Hi Nate, you should bring Nevin out to Wake the Desert next year. Chris Jr would love to work with him and I bet they could make some time to do a little fishing!

We had a 4 year old compete this year in our Juniors Division. Super fun to watch and he had such a great time. The crowd went crazy when he was riding!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
That sounds awesome Chris Sr.! Nevin would sure love that. We were going to try to make Wake the Desert this year but it happened to fall on the weekend before school started (they're in year around school and my wife teaches there, so it's super stress time as you can imagine).

I have been pleasantly surprised but Nevin has progessed faster than I could have ever imagined. He's probably going to land a 360 before me! I mentioned a competiton to him and his eyes lit up, so we'll see.
Old     (Elite95)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-02-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
Thats so cool about Nevin progressing. The kids are so much fun to watch progress. Hopefully you can make it to Wake the Desert next year. You guys should also try to make it to the EWT Finals in Ft. Worth.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2013, 12:36 PM Reply   
I'll definately look into it, thanks! I didn't know there was one in Texas
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-02-2013, 2:45 PM Reply   
I like that video very much.