Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-21-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
I have two programs that are basically free to me and i am a very beginner editor and probably wont get heavy into editing, but i was wondering if there is a program that does not save all these pesky "index files" (see pic below) or if there is a way to delete them easier because it is super time consuming to select them all and delete them when there are sooooo many.

the program i use most is Pinnacle studio 10 (i think) and sometimes i use this AVS Video Editor 4, but it crashes on me sometimes so i stay away from that one, though i can't remember for sure if it too has these "index files" that save automatically

P.S. i do not use Mac... but maybe i will in the distant future when i make a decent amount of money to switch (or just buy a new computer in general)

Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-21-2009, 4:37 PM Reply   
each PAIR of these index files are about 5 KB which can really start to add up
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-21-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
further down there are some 2nd, 3rd, and even 8th copies of these things. "Copy(8).avi...." those i was able to select in sequence and found out that they totaled 3 MB. this is just one of the editing projects i have done
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-21-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
well i think i just answered my own question/ concern about the COPIES. the copies were being made when i ever so slightly moved the mouse while clicking the files while holding ctrl to select multiple files. oops. but i still get frustrated with these indexes anyway