Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
SORRY I DONT KNOW THE "TERMONOLOGY".
BUT WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR IDEAS OF SHORING YOU BOAT!
EXAMPLE:
7' T FENCE POST WITH PVC OVER THE POST! HOLDIN THE BOAT NEAR SHORE WITH NO CABLES!
ANY OTHER GREAT IDEAS

LATE-ZACH
Old    murrayair            03-08-2005, 9:47 PM Reply   
Just pound a stake into the shore and tie your bow to it. Then hook the rear up to an anchor and drop the anchor out a ways(make sure it hits the bottom). If you just hook the bow to a post on the shore, it will still get beached.

Btw, go easy on the caps next time
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-08-2005, 10:36 PM Reply   
Zak, check this link http://www.slideanchor.com/ they have the box anchor which is easy and holds to almost any terrain and the shore spike. Weve had 3 20' boats on one box anchor and it held no problem
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-09-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
I would not tie my boat with the stern facing away from the beach. Could be a recipe to bad things!! Should go with the bow out to the lake stern to the beach. That way if you get a major set of rollers come in it won't swamp or sink your boat. Plus it's easier to get in and out of the boat from the beach from the stern.

They sell a bungee cord attachment that you hook to your anchor line. Works pretty good. Drop off people on beach, turn boat facing out to the lake. Pound stake in and grab line off stake that will tie to stern. Move boat out a ways from beach and set anchor line with bungee attachment. Now friends from beach can pull you "with boat" back in. You jump into shallow water off beach and the bungee pulls your boat back out a safe distance from shore, then secure stern line to stake.

When you are ready to get back on boat, pull stern line to bring boat closer to shore and hop in.

Otherwise with out bungee device follow these instructions but with a firm anchor line you will have to jump in to deepish water to get back to beach.

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on March 09, 2005)
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-09-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
Oh and the box anchors are the sh*t!!! I love mine, it holds like no anchor I have had before! Only downside is the cost around $100. But worth every penny!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-09-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
120.00 + bucks for an anchor??? Do the ladies come with it - hahahaha.

There's also the ol anchor buddy. http://www.anchorbuddy.com/

-= peace=-
Lzy
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-09-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
Box anchor + shore spike + anchor buddy...$175 (approx) = peace of mind for a $20k + boat....
Old    clubjoeskier            03-09-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
RE: box anchor- Did you guys go with the recommended sizes, or go big for the peace of mind?
Old    sliderfreak            03-09-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
dear gentelmen,
i have the perfect solution for unique situation.for about 5 years now my father and i have been developing and selling a new product called SandSpike. its one pound of anodized t6 aricraft aluminum. its the perfect solution to ur beach anchoring needs. heres the website for u to browse. they come in 3 different colors to match ur ride and 3 different sizes for bigger boats. http://www.sandspike.com
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-09-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
As mentioned it's all about the Anchor Buddy. The best invention ever for boat owners!! This thin makes it so easy. The only thing you have to worry about is high winds as the thing can be blown around because it stretches.
Old    sliderfreak            03-09-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
i might also ad that sandspikes r featured on the anchor buddy's packageing for perfered use.
Old    sliderfreak            03-09-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
I might also add that sandspikes r featured on the anchor buddy's packageing for perfered useage,and that sandspikes start at 44.99 and come in a kit verson to save you money.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-09-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
I have the sandspike, and an anchor buddy. Works great!!
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-09-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
I use one of these for my shore anchor. It's easy to hammer in, and sits flush on the shore, less chance of someone hitting their big toe on it. I've used this on several week-long camping trips, and it's never been pulled out of the ground by the boat. When you're ready to pull it, you pull straight up on the rope, and it comes out super easy

Oh yeah, it's only about $4 at any pet store.

http://tinyurl.com/3lx9a - link to view/purchase
Old    walt            03-09-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Go with the http://www.anchorbuddy.com/ it works great and your hull will never touch bottom. And always anchor with the bow facing the lake and stern to shore. Below is a http://www.anchorbuddy.com/ at work. If you tie a float to it you can leave your anchor for the day and just re-clip your bow when you get back from boarding.
Old    sliderfreak            03-09-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
even better with an anchor buddy and and sandspike.check em both out online.
Old    wkbrd13            03-09-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
a cheap trick i use, is to take a metal milk crate fill it with river rocks and set it on the bottom. cheapest anchor you'll ever buy.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-10-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
I think im just goin to use the ancorbuddy and the Sandspike! Thanks for the info you guys!

Late-
Zack
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-10-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
Anchor buddy and 7' fence post.

Old    sliderfreak            03-10-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
doesnt that fence post get in the way! its 7' feet. sandspikes r 15" and only weigh a pound.