Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
hey all... so I've thrown over a dozen of these and they all look identical at this point. So the 'keep throwing them and eventually you'll stomp one' method isn't working so well for me. I've done these on the surface and done some inside outs (without popping), but i can;t hit it wake to wake. I pop the handle everytime regardless of when I overrotate or underrotate. I guess my biggest problem is that Im landing super tail/heel heavy. any suggestions?

This is my best one... I actually ride away on this one for a couple feet... but same issue... landing tail/heel heavy and pop the handle... and yes... i've tried underrotating this and I still have the same issue... Thanks in advance guys/girls...

(Message edited by stoked_32 on August 07, 2008)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Welcome to the frustrated HS 3 club! See my post for my drama story on this trick.

I don't have many tips for you. Maybe you could wait a hair longer or perhaps pull harder, but honestly it looks good. Have you tried passing in the small of your back instead of under your butt? That may make it easier to learn, but it looks like you are really close!
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
lol... yea I read up on all the 3 posts before putting this thread up... yea.. ive tried passing it at the small of my back but for some reason my body refuses to do it... its way too natural to pass it under my butt.. but honestly... i havent had any trouble pulling or passing the handle... its really either the pop or landing part of the trick that is holding me back... i think.... = /
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
if you're landing heavy on your tail of nose it's because that's how you're leaving the wake. you need to focus on leaving the wake balanced.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
didnt realize that applied to spins as well.. thanks romes... will try... any other advice?
Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-08-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
your overrotating try doing a 340 not a 360
Old     (josh_cole)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-11-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
hey man, take off actually looks good, and to me, it looks like an easy fix. DO NOT break at the waist, keep your upper body straight when you are passing the handle, when you break your body in half it pulls you off of your axis and thats what throws you down on your butt. just remember chest up when passing the handle. if you do that, you got it easy
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-11-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
yea man, you're really close to that. also keep in mind that you don't want to necessarily be cutting "away" from the boat on your landing...try to land with the nose of your board pointed a little more toward the boat (think between 10:00 & 11:00 on the dial). if you land "square" to the boat (9:00), an slack you got in the line will be gone as soon as you land and cut away from the boat...which will cause the handle to pop. good luck.