Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-21-2011, 6:15 PM Reply   
http://www.zedaudiocorp.com/News/news.html

Anyone have any experience with or reviews on Zed Amps? I've read some good things and the specs and prices on their new line look pretty good...
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-21-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
They've been recommended on here a few times. I have never seen or heard one myself though.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-21-2011, 6:25 PM Reply   
The DREADNOUGHT looks nice for my pair of Pro 485s! 800x2 @ 4 ohm
Old     (bingbing)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-21-2011, 9:04 PM Reply   
We have had a Kronos (2x500 @ 2ohms) powering the tower speakers and a Leviathan (6x150 @ 4 ohms) runing the interior speakers for the past season. We are a big fans of high end A/B class amps, but due to high amperage draw we were in search of a high quality D class amp.
After listenting to all the major D class amps we deciede to give the Zed Amps a try. Could not be happier. Rich sound, tons of clean power and no heat issues.

As a matter of fact, we became a dealer. The only difference between us and the rest of the dealers is we have the amps manufacture to our specs for the marine environment.

This year' amps are even better. The new IC chips sets for the front end are superior in several key areas. We are going replace the current units with (2) Dreadnought and (1) Minotaur.
Considering the playing environment and the cost, I believe there is not a better series of amps on the market.

Also there has been a lot of talk on the forum about regulated and unregulated amps. Zed's amps are regulated.

Send me a PM if you would like to know how our units are protected against moisture, dust, chemicals, and temperature extremes.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-22-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
PM sent Marc
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-27-2011, 8:00 AM Reply   
Marc, I'm curious what amps you've run in the past? And do you think I'd be dissappointed switching from Zapco References to Zedd's new line purely from a SQ perspective?

Anyone else have any input or experience with Zedd Amps?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-27-2011, 8:26 AM Reply   
I ran a ZED amp last year... Actually a prototype the Marc lent to me while he was testing different configurations and specs and it rocked! Nice clean power, never overheated. It was a great amp and it looked cool too!
Old     (bingbing)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-27-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
sp0tts, No this an SQ amp with new class D technology. Ran blind listening test against some the top SQ A/B amps. It was right there with them.If fact one the amps was from Tru which is my favorite A/B amp. Tru is considered by many of the audiophiles to be one of the 5 manufactures in the world. Very limited production runs.
This year Zeds have a new front end. New chips etc, along with other improvements.
Send me a PN and you email all the info. I tried to post it, but it doesn't come up correctly.
Old     (bingbing)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-27-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
Many which included Audision, Genesis and Tru. My last A/B and favorite was Tru. Why did I switch to the Zed, efficiency. The A/B amps are great sounding but, they are hungry and do they will get hot.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-27-2011, 7:18 PM Reply   
PM sent...