Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    alanp            07-11-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
this donkey tried to put his boat in while were were launching. first time ive been to a public boat launch in years, it didnt disappoint.
Attached Images

Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-11-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
holy wtfhappened batman!!
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-11-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Just wait til he gets that in the water. I am sure his boat driving skills outweigh his truck driving skills.
Old    SamIngram            07-11-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
Thank God, you had the kindness to help the "donkey" out and help him back down the ramp. I'm sure without your help he would have injured someone.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
How the hell do you jack knife a boat twice as big as your minivan! LOL
Old    SamIngram            07-11-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
Single axle trailer makes it pretty easy to do...
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-11-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
Sweet.
Guess he ragged on his wife for it too, huh.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-12-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
Alan's photo made me crack up.

DBC's little clip is making me cringe.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Sam, judging by the picture the OP took it from while inside his boat, which made me think the accident happened after he was on the water. What was he supposted to do, stand in his boat and guide the guy down the ramp?

I'm all for helping people out, but sometimes you just have to laugh at peoples stupidity on the ramps. If I'm launching, I'm thinking about getting my boat in safely and not forgetting anything. If I'm standing on the dock or waiting to launch, sure I'll help you.

Last edited by stuey; 07-12-2010 at 9:48 AM.
Old    SamIngram            07-12-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
It's pretty damn easy to poke fun of people and you see it all the time on this site. I think we should set the example at the lake, not be the a@$holes. It's no wonder that people hate wakeboarders... At my local lake it's the wakeboarders who blast music all over the lake with profanity over their wetsounds for every little kid to hear, it's the wakeboarders who send huge rollers into the beach and sink or smash boats against the rocks (in AZ YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE YOUR WAKE CAUSES!), it's the wakesurfers who drive in the wrong direction all day long (in AZ you are suppose to go counter-clockwise) and continually cut people off, and it's the wakeboarders being a#*holes.

I mean what other sport can you think of where at the big event, you can see all the professionals either drunk or getting drunk and then have a major site post pictures of them drinking or other stupid stuff??

BE THE EXAMPLE, help our your fellow boaters, the lake is a place for family's to have fun.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-12-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
The other sport I can think of is snowboarding...
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-12-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
Damn Sam you just made me glad I don't ride in Arizona. thanks bud.
Old    ScottRobinson            07-12-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Sam....I get where you are coming from, but I think the guy taking the pics couldn't really do a damn thing. He is in the water already. I love the thought of everyone here banding together to help people out. I have, on many occasions, backed someone down the ramp. I think that is easy to do if you can help someone, but if I pull up and see that....while in my boat already and not a damn thing I can do....yeah I laugh and take a pic. lol sorry.....

If I am up there prior and see he is having trouble, of course I go ask him if he wants me to do it for him on a crowded ramp. I have had some tough guys turn me down only to not do it right and struggle while I get in my boat and drive off laughing at them. I asked, they had to puff up and think they could do it when it was clear they couldn't.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-12-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Does that guy really belong on the water?
Old    SamIngram            07-12-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
mattgettel Does that guy really belong on the water?
What do you mean Matt? I suppose that on your first lake trip you new everything there was to know and have not learned and can not learn anymore...
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
^^^obviously having a bad day today. Some people just like to argue
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-12-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
It's pretty damn easy to poke fun of people and you see it all the time on this site. I think we should set the example at the lake, not be the a@$holes. It's no wonder that people hate wakeboarders... At my local lake it's the wakeboarders who blast music all over the lake with profanity over their wetsounds for every little kid to hear, it's the wakeboarders who send huge rollers into the beach and sink or smash boats against the rocks (in AZ YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE YOUR WAKE CAUSES!), it's the wakesurfers who drive in the wrong direction all day long (in AZ you are suppose to go counter-clockwise) and continually cut people off, and it's the wakeboarders being a#*holes.

I mean what other sport can you think of where at the big event, you can see all the professionals either drunk or getting drunk and then have a major site post pictures of them drinking or other stupid stuff??

BE THE EXAMPLE, help our your fellow boaters, the lake is a place for family's to have fun.
I used to feel the same way, but then I realized those aren't the actual wakeboarders, they may have the boats, even good boards, but likely they're not up at sunrise to get good water, or the last rolling in, they're there to be seen, so if their hobby was fishing, they'd be annoying as fishermen, most of them get bigger cuddy cabin boats within a few years, the chicks dig those more
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
I had some pinhead in a Bayliner with AZ hull #s pull us over last summer. We were riding in a clockwise direction around the lake (there is no such law in WA state about the direction you have to ride), he ran us down, made us stop & went into a tirade about how we were supposed to be riding in a counter-clockwise direction. He was way too close to our boat & rider, and he had a little kid in the boat with him who couldn't stand up without falling over because of this guy's driving. We called the sheriff on him for being such as a$$. I still see him out on the lake occasionally & he hasn't learned a thing yet.

BTW, it's not the number of trailer axles that makes it easy to get off course, it's the distance from the truck's rear axle to the trailer's front axle.... ie; like a jetski trailer. Any of the pontoon trailers I ever messed with were about the same length as a ski boat trailer though. So I imagine the picture above was just a rookie mistake on a crowded ramp. Hopefully he learned a lesson.

Last edited by bill_airjunky; 07-12-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Me personally, I wouldn't be trying to learn how to back my trailer on a busy weekend at a crowded ramp. That's what big parking lots or low volume weekdays are for.

Not that any of us couldn't make a mistake in some form or fashion while launching/loading, but as for trying to help them out.....it's kind of like approaching a power turner to talk about the proper way to pick up a rider. An offer to assist (aka back the trailer) is sometimes interpretted as an insult here in FL.

If people don't have the common sense/courtesy to get their boat ready for launching in the staging area vs tying up the ramp for 15 minutes to do it, I don't think I would be very diplomatic in my offer to assist. All that being said, I've asked if I could help those struggling with backing down the ramp many times in the last 15 years and it has been accepted only twice.

Lastly, I've been to lots of pro events & I've never seen a professional athlete openingly consuming alcohol until after they have finished riding for the day. I certainly have never seen one of them drunk and out of control at a venue.
Old    SamIngram            07-12-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
You have obviously never been to Brostock.... Heck last year I saw a pro-rider so wasted he could drive a jet-ski without falling off... and he wasn't drinking...
Old    alanp            07-12-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
i figured sam just was feeling grumpy. or maybe you always like to fight. dont know dont really care. pretty easy to tell from the pic(that was zoomed in a good bit as well) why i couldnt help the guy.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-12-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Sorry to be so argumentative today. Last weekend my buddy backed the trailer onto the rocks to the left of the ramp, I have launched my boat without the plug in (in my old boat), and i have made plenty of mistakes on the water. It's funny. It happens to all of us.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-12-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:

I live in Az and boat 3-4 times a week and its not that bad lol. The jet skis are the a-holes.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-12-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
that looks like it would have worked if they only had more speed.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-12-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
There is a unwritten code when it comes to helping people at the lake but nine times out of ten somebody having problems is directly related to there own alcohol consumtion or there lack of care or concern for any type of safety.Instead of helping I would much rather sit back and laugh a good distance away from the danger allowing them to bask in there own ignorance.If somebody is broke down on the lake or in need of some real help thats different but ignorant crap I have no time for.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
You have obviously never been to Brostock.... Heck last year I saw a pro-rider so wasted he could drive a jet-ski without falling off... and he wasn't drinking...
You got me there, Sam as I have not attended Brostock. That seems to be marketed much more as a giant double up party vs. a tournament style wakeboard competition.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
Yeah... Brostock is really just a big party, not a tournament. The double up comp. is an extra feature of it. The real draw for Brostock is the party... It's a fairly different environment from a pro tour stop.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-13-2010, 4:49 AM Reply   
Did you see the pics from that brostock thingy? They had one of them beer drinking things with a funnel. This has to be stopped!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-13-2010, 5:28 AM Reply   
"Heck last year I saw a pro-rider so wasted he could drive a jet-ski without falling off"

You have to be pretty wasted to drive a jet-ski without falling off.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-13-2010, 6:10 AM Reply   
i ride on that lake and i've seen alot of ramp accident's. i've met alan and he seems to be a very nice young man. i would think from the conversation we had he would have helped if he could have. i know i would have,but as alan stated you can see from his picture he's in the water in a boat. from the picture i'm pretty sure thats high point marina 150 yards away is lake anna marina that has a 60' wide ramp with tons of room for parking and backing. i have tried to help people backing down the ramp [because i remember what it was like when it was all new to me]but most ,not all don't want any help they are MEN[just like me]and they DON'T NEED any help. but i still offer the help in a friendly way not trying to draw attention.so lets everyone just chill and don't slam someone or call them guilty until you know all the facts or until you know the person. WE ARE ALL HERE AT WAKEWORLD FOR THE SAME REASON . TO HELP and offer opinions on boats and gear. EVERYONE HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       07-13-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
While the marine sheriff was giving us our boat inspection last weekend, he had some pretty funny candid words for jet skiers, tubers, and the boat launch. If he had his way, tubing hours would be between 12 and 4 restricted to 300 feet from shore to keep them out of the coves, there would be a "open season" on jet skiers, and they would have vallet parking at the boat launch. Coolest cop I have ever talked to.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-13-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sure they weren't acting or doing anything anyone else their AGE wouldn't. Seriously, that whole sentence was drunk in itself, let them live. Let alone, they had nothing to do with this nimrod not being able to back down the ramp, and probably would offer help before most of us would, as they are very outgoing and approachable. Everyone expects so much from "Pros", when really their just the kid down the street
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2010, 7:07 AM Reply   
I was at that ramp a few weeks ago and the old lady that works the convenience store next door has some pretty good stories. She said she was really excited for Memorial day weekend because of all of the shenanigans at the ramp.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-13-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
I don't see a problem with the picture? Isn't that how you "dock" a boat?..............
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-13-2010, 10:29 PM Reply   
I like sam. But I would not have helped that guy back in, im just shy and like to laugh at others.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
I must admit, I do help others out at the ramp if they are having problems or if it is there first time out. I want them to enjoy there time out so they will want to come more and help out the lifestyle. But at the same time, I have a good laugh after I help them out. Wrong? Maybe, but at least I did let him damage my boat or ride. I did have one guy offer me $20.00 for helping him load his Yamaha jet boat thingy onto his trailer because he was having problems and no one knew what to do. He thanked me a hundred time over and gave me what he had left over in beer. I didn't take the money, but I did take the beer.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-14-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
I am more than willing to lend a helping hand. I have held off strangers' boats as they are coming into the dock and have helped them shove off. I have guided people down the ramp, mostly to make sure they aren't going to hit the truck.

But, IMO, you have no business coming to a PUBLIC ramp if you are not competent in your launching ability, especially on a busy day. You are putting your property and safety, but just as important, OTHERS' property and safety at risk. When you first get a boat, go to an empty parking lot and spend a couple of hours getting practice at backing in a boat. My father insisted on this.

I mean, you don't buy a car and head out onto the streets without having the ability to properly and safely (and I know there are people that don't seem to be able to do either one) operate that car. I don't know why it would be any different with a boat.
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post

But, IMO, you have no business coming to a PUBLIC ramp if you are not competent in your launching ability, especially on a busy day. You are putting your property and safety, but just as important, OTHERS' property and safety at risk. When you first get a boat, go to an empty parking lot and spend a couple of hours getting practice at backing in a boat. My father insisted on this.
I agree 100%

That reminds me of the time we were taking our jet ski out at a public ramp. The ramp is rather wide, but my husband backed the trailer down as far over to side as he could go, to let another guy take his boat out too.

Well the jet ski stalled as I was bringing it in, and the guy at the ramp immediately starts hassling my husband about "being ready to go when you're on the ramp, blah blah". So my usually calm and polite husband turns to the guy, looks him straight in the face and goes: "Sir, if you can't get your trailer in there, then you shouldn't be trailing the effin boat in the first place!!!"

I never saw a man turn so red before in my life.
Old     (Ian)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-17-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
I boat in AZ, Thats why they call it party cove. Go to family cove if you dont want to hear the music. You shouldn't take kids into party cove in the first place. And how about bitching about the rednecks in the nascar themed pontoon boats blasting country!! Guys I can only cry so much in 1 day.

He must be a real grouch!! Nice plug for wetsounds thou. Tim smiles.
Old    mojo            07-17-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
sam, how old are you and what do you do on the water? to make it simple, it's your responsibility to tie your boat up correctly at a dock. a nice/intelligent driver will stop and idle if he sees a boat at a dock, but it's not the law except maybe in az. when approaching an oncoming boat both vessels should veer RIGHT. somone towing somebody has right of way if other does not. as for music with profanity, if you don't like it don't go to the lake. sit inside your house and listen to the backstreet boys with your assumingly ugly wife. you sound like a real stick in the mud to be around. perhaps make some more money and dig out your own lake. should be easy if you're in az. just hire some illegals on the cheap.

Last edited by mojo; 07-17-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-18-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
FROM READING THIS THREAD A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS .but all this mean ranting. is it really necessary. i guess for you it is . for me i just cuss all those d@#m idiot drivers on the road. LOL
Old    SamIngram            07-19-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
I'm 35, and have put over 1,000 hours on two separate boats in less than 4 years. We wakeboard and nothing else. We are on the lake all day on Wednesday and and all day Saturday. We don't do any party cove stuff, we don't drink on the boat, we don't drive the boat around standing up, we don't surf, we don't leave the flag up all the time, we don't tube!

-In the last 4 years we have taken 42 different people from the find a third forum on this board with us, yes I keep track.
-I have had one 16 year old girl die in my arms after she was hit by another boat while riding a jet ski.
-We have jump started 9 boats, including Jimmy Wolf's Epic.

-We have towed at least 10 boats back to the dock.
-We have given our 2 gallon reserve tank of gas away at lest 6 times.
-I love to wakeboard and love the lake. I love it so much I have broken the same ankle twice and will walk with a limp for the rest of my life... (Ya'll know me, cause I walk with a limp, like an old school pimp or a real OG)...

I really don't care what you do at the lake. Have fun, but don't be "That Guy".

The guys calling me out are probably part of the problem.

All I am trying to say is that we all "power turned" until someone explained to us why we shouldn't. We all had to learn to back down the ramp. Be considerate of your fellow boater, help him out, and help educate him! More than anything, make some new friends, and have FUN!

Last edited by SamIngram; 07-19-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-19-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
anyone else lost the urge to argue after reading about the little girl?! ...:S sorry to hear sam
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-19-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Sam, I have the upmost respect for people like you. Unfortunately, most people are not of your character myself included.
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-19-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
sam, how old are you and what do you do on the water? to make it simple, it's your responsibility to tie your boat up correctly at a dock. a nice/intelligent driver will stop and idle if he sees a boat at a dock, but it's not the law except maybe in az. when approaching an oncoming boat both vessels should veer RIGHT. somone towing somebody has right of way if other does not. as for music with profanity, if you don't like it don't go to the lake. sit inside your house and listen to the backstreet boys with your assumingly ugly wife. you sound like a real stick in the mud to be around. perhaps make some more money and dig out your own lake. should be easy if you're in az. just hire some illegals on the cheap.
This smacks of what is wrong with today......you go on about what is your responsibility when tying up, then proceed to show that you don't give a rats about the responsibilty of whose young ears may hear profanities emanating from your stereo. Juast another example of "I'll follow the rules if it suits me and stuff the rest of you"
Old    mojo            07-19-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
there are no rules paul. at least not in florida or alabama or georgia as far as music. get over it. bring ear plugs if someone else's boat might ruin your child because they heard a curse word. if for some reason there is a young child on my boat i don't play any vulgar music, but they are just words buddy. go to church or something. you can go stuff yourself. if you don't like a place that people go to have fun then stay in your house. if you were joking, then i take it back, but if not then my words stick. uptight people need to get off it
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-19-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
My take FWIW...I actually tend to agree with Sam in that my first inclination is to help out someone who's struggling, and I'm just as ticked off at the guys who like to plant themselves near the launch ramp (at Orwood for instance) just to enjoy watching people struggle to get their boat down the ramp. I was that guy when I bought my first boat, struggling to get it down the ramp, and stressed when I pulled up. As proud as we all are at how easily we can now get in and out of the launch ramp, we've all been there at some point.

Where I break off is that WAY too often I find that the people who don't know what they're doing don't want any help and are clearly in absolutely no hurry to get their situation settled and move out of the way. The lack of sense of urgency with a huge line at the launch ramp is often appalling to me, especially at the end of the day when the last thing you want to do is sit in your truck for an hour waiting for someone to towel down their party barge in the middle of the launch ramp with a line of trucks waiting...or the lady who backed down her trailer to just leave it sitting there in the water. when I finally walked up to her after 15 minutes, she said she wasn't sure where her husband is, he's supposed to pull up the boat. Or the guys who took 45 minutes to figure out how to get their jet skis tied up to the trailer, seemingly without a worry or any sense of urgency whatsoever.

The dock is the one area where I tend to just want to get it over with...because I know I'm usually going to have to deal with someone who has no clue and worse yet, doesn't seem to care.
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-20-2010, 2:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
there are no rules paul. at least not in florida or alabama or georgia as far as music. get over it. bring ear plugs if someone else's boat might ruin your child because they heard a curse word. if for some reason there is a young child on my boat i don't play any vulgar music, but they are just words buddy. go to church or something. you can go stuff yourself. if you don't like a place that people go to have fun then stay in your house. if you were joking, then i take it back, but if not then my words stick. uptight people need to get off it
Well there you go, you have just confirmed exactly what I said, "if.... there is a young chid on my boat I don't play any vulgar music", but it's OK for me to inflict it onto other children, complete lack of respect . FYI the 'rules' I am referring to are those that concern common courtesy.
Old    mojo            07-20-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
paul, if we ever meet i am going to slap you. my guess is that you are a devout christian who wants everyone to adhere to his way. you really piss me off. like i said, if you don't like other people having fun you can stay home. also, i have a 420 so i turn my tower speakers off when not riding. i would love nothing more than to blast the most vulgar rap music i could find from the loudest stereo in the marine world directly at you and your kids since you're such a douche. really. i am almost livid over the fact that you think other's should have to follow whatever you think is proper. news flash buddy; the world doesn't revolve around you. nobody owns the water even on a private lake community. so once again, go pray that people stop using words that get your panties in a bunch and see how long that "wish" takes to come true. and i'll launch my boat, park my truck, and put it back on the trailer alone faster than you can say, "our father in heaven.."

Last edited by mojo; 07-20-2010 at 9:58 AM.
Old     (ointment)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-20-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
First come first served IMO paul.... if you are the party crasher then respect the existing environment but if you are the originator then do what you want... i dont expect my surroundings to protect my kid saftey or ears... that is my job and will leave the situation if i feel that what needs to happen.
Old    SamIngram            07-20-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
The brilliance of a 25 year old kid from Alabama... It's a wonder that we don't seek more wisdom from his kind...

Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-20-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
Sam, good post.

Mojo, I don't think you could come off as more of a tool if you tried............Keep up the good work, Skipper!..............
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       07-20-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
This thread is full of win! In before the lock!

Old    mojo            07-20-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
that's all well and good. there are alot of people like that around here. i had a private education and am not a fisherman or any of the like redneck folk you might imagine. however, i do have respect for people. basically blow it out your aces. do me a favor and just pray to god and maybe he will pass a law for you that no loud music will be played that might influence who your child is or what he/she does because he's just so impressionable and can't follow what his parents say. all that is really irrelevant though. you are trying to tell me, and others how to use their equipment. i follow the law. and a very good boater. you and paul are both little church buddies who can't handle anything but what you want. i'd love to hear what comes out of your stereo's. probably creed or nickelback. also, you'll mostly hear things like the allman bros., bob marley, steely dan, eric clapton, and stuff like that out of my boat. if it's rap its something good like common.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       07-20-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
Damn
Mojo......hate GOD much? Lol
Old    mojo            07-20-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
ya i thought about it and came to the hasty conclusion the only reason the language would be an issue is a hard core religious person. that may or not be the case. i want to like god, but i've just been so pushed away from it after growing up in the south at an episcopal school and attending temple. i would gladly spend a day with jesus though. im sure he's a gnarly rider.
Old     (rockrig)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-20-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
Okay, so the only reason language would be an issue is a hard core religious person? Right up until your kid goes to third grade class and repeats the crap that he heard on the lake. Moral issues like language, sex, etc. aren't always about religion, sometimes it is just common sense. As a parent you usually want to control some of what your kids pick up from others....
I would rather that my kids pick up good riding skills from other boarders on the lake, or good boating skills, or good whatever.
Maybe they shouldn't get a good grasp of Colt 45 or some other rap crap.

I am not a hard core religious person, I am just a person that doesn't want to hear what you want to hear.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-20-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
mojo... why so angry? geez, it's the internet. step back and take a deep breath. you're spouting a lot of hate that i doubt you'd be saying to people's faces. does this music debate really matter that much?
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2010, 12:53 AM Reply   
Mojo, you sir, are one very angry young man. The typical semi- adult who has possibly grown up with some serious issues and obviously failed to overcome them. I am not a church goer and haven't been to one since I was married 20 years ago. I won't state what I think of religion other than to say it has a lot to answer for. You don't need to be religious to have a set of values commensurate with community expectations that you live by.Try and take a child of ten years old to an adult rated movie and see what happens: That's right, you can't expose them to it because society, not me, has set certain standards that it wishes to have children raised in. Any public place comes under the jurisdiction of community expectations and laws, just because you are the first there doesn't give you the right to force others to listen to foul obscenities. By the way, I would probably use some of them during the course of a week myself, but NOT so that passers by would hear it and certainly not where children are able to hear.

As for having a private education, I was not lucky enough to be afforded such a luxury, however, in reading your posts I see that it may have been a blessing in disguise.

I do hope you get yourself sorted out.

All the best.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-21-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
I think Lon came back as mojo.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-21-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
allman bros., bob marley, steely dan, eric clapton, and stuff like that out of my boat. if it's rap its something good like common.
Nice tunes though.. you'll find much of the same out on our boat..
Old     (ointment)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-21-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
I don't understand why people get so upset over music, party cove, ramp technique, boaters, and water condition. Yes in a perfect world we would all have a private lake that we could do what ever we please. But for the majority of us that is never going to happen. I don't let the crazyness bug me, I just find another ramp, cove, or lake. From a parent perspective it is my choice to subject them to a environment or remove them. If they are exposed to adult activity then its my responsibility educate them or take corrective action. It was my choice to become a parent and not the community so I dont expect them to change to make me happy or nore do I want them making rules to how I choose to live my life. If there are rules in place or a enviroment that I dont care for then I can easily move somewhere that fits my social standards.
Old    mojo            07-21-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
toad-thank you for being intelligent. i am a reactionary so many of the things i say are not well thought out, but still stand true if not for this situation. so i'll say it again. paul, you sir just get under my skin for trying to censor other people so it doesn't hamper what you feel should be accepted. i don't think the boating world wants you in it. at least not the one with tower speakers. and i'm far from Lon. i'm actually very helpful, even to strangers, courteous to women, and all the other expected things that go on in polite society. however; if anyone tries to tell me how to use something that brings me more fun than anything else in the world then those are fighting words. if a law passes that says no tower speakers i'll remove them. until that day, the louder the better.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-21-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
this post does prove you have the right to freedom of speech. but who's right. i refuse to answer on the grounds of i don't give a rats a$$.why don't you guys agee to DISAGREE. and be done with it. enough is enough.this thread is about ten times longer than it should have been.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Bill, here in wash. each lake has their own rules about direction, and almost every busy lake i have been to, it is a rule that you drive counter clockwise. It also is the best way to pull riders on a busy lake or not busy. It just keeps us all from running into each other. One thing that makes me mad is when were riding counter clockwise and all of a sudden someone comes staight at us the wrong way. Counter clockwise is just plain common sense.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
Oh yea I will gladly help anyone at the ramp. I have came to realize that you need to be patient at the ramp, otherwise you get your blood pressure up and makes for a bad day on the water. Just dont like starting the day out in a bad mood. Actually its like a comedy show at our ramp, when its busy. EVERYONE HAS TO LEARN SOMETIME, RIGHT???
Old     (rockrig)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-21-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
That ramp looks busy and tight to get in and out of - Not a good time for the pontoon!
Old    mojo            07-21-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
i'll agree to disagree. we both have arguable points.
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2010, 11:26 PM Reply   
Fair enough, just to clarify though, I am not against tower speakers or how loud you play them so long as it's not R rated when those who really shouldn't hear it, can.
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-30-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
I am not sure why some of the threads on wakeworld take such a hostile turn. The one common link between most of us on this (and other) sites is the fact that we boat, wakeboard, wake surf, etc to relax. In doing so, letting our blood pressure skyrocket based on the statements of others seems pretty counter-intuitive.

I live in AZ, and I understand what Sam is saying about helping others, etc. I do my best to be a good samaritan, but at times because of whatever reason, I cannot help everybody that needs it (which in AZ seems like an awful lot of people). As far as loud music, profanity, etc, I am a firm believer that you should always respect others in your general environment, however that is not the world we live in so I have simply removed myself from being put in that situation. In AZ, that means no longer going to Lake Pleasant (where party cove is), and instead going to Bartlett lake. Although it is a little bit of a further drive, the water is typically better and in being so, attracts a different crowd. And although I have been around boats, including wakeboarding, skiing, and even driving a rescue boat for New Zealand, Australia, and Southern California LIfeguard and rescue departments, I do have lapses in boat driving ettique, including not reminding my gf not to power turn after I take a bad spill. Thankfully, another nautique driver politely reminded me that the wake during the turn causes others to have less good water (my gf was pissed that he addressed me rather than her, even though she was driving. I am still trying to explain the male brain to her). I could have been pissed and offended that I was approached while on the water, but he had a valid point and one that was easily remedied.

I guess in my overly convoluted way, I am questioning the overly aggressive and defensive nature of some people on this forum. I work my A@@ off all week long and when I hit the water there is no reason to get upset unless it puts someones life or limb at risk.

On a more relaxed note, my buddies and I were at a public launch ramp a couple of weeks ago, and were watching a trailer continually jack-knife over and over, continually blocking the ramp. One of my friends walked over to the gf of the driver (who was trying to help him back down, unsuccessfully) and politely offered to back the trailer down for her (not knowing that it was her bf doing the driving) for a bj (and being very obviously joking). The girl seriously thought about it for about forty seconds as the bf blocked the ramp one more time, and looked at my friend dead in the eyes and said her bf had lost enough masculinity for the day and didnt know if he would be able to handle that as well. It may have been more entertaining when it happened, but I figured I would share since that was the original topic thread
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-30-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
I've read this thread with some humor as well as well as not being suprised at some of the replies. I'm with Sam and Eric both in their views. And nobody here can't honestly say they haven't been "that guy" in one form or another in the beginning. Nobody is born with all the knowledge yet some sure act like it.

I would like to ask the all seeing oracles of boating just where the newbs are supposed to learn if not at the public ramp? Were you that good outta the box? I think not. I was lucky that at 13 i was jockeying trailers for my old man constantly so i learned early how to manuever but all are not so fortunate. Perfection takes practice yet so many here have a no tolerance policy. I help anybody, anywhere to help others learn and because i like helping people. I've towed my share and helped many at the ramp. I've pulled a drunk lady from the cab of her truck at the ramp before she hurt someone and rescued a crew from a sinking boat. A lot of which ruined my day but it's all part of it and you live with it unless your that guy of course.

Here's a prime example of being "that guy", it was a boarder and I hope not a WW member. Was at Pedro last weekend for four days and on Monday I pulled out and here's an old man probably close to 70 or better with his wife trying to back down the ramp with his fishing boat. How many have used Fleming when the waters full pool? Short turn around and virtually no ramp. The old man is having a time of it yet our fellow boarder is sitting in his truck yelling at the old man instead of offering assistance. Well whomever that guy launching the V210 is i hope you feel good about yourself you moron, all you did was make it harder for him. Way to go bubba. A little help and tolerance goes a long way and you'd have been in the water sooner!
Old    SamIngram            07-30-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
Do you have a new, to you, 2002 SAN210? I have white and red '06... LOL. I addressed you because I didn't want to disrespect you as the boat owner... Sorry if I offended her.

Anyhow, if that was you, I love your boat!!!

Ryan
Old    SamIngram            07-30-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
My above comment was directed to Eric Roberts. It was you, I remember the cell bindings!! Post some pictures if your boat, it's awesome!!!
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-30-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
Yep, Ryan, that was me. I appreciate the way you handled that situation. Your boat is sick. You going to be out on sunday?
Old    SamIngram            07-30-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
No sir! We go Saturdays and Wednesdays. On Sunday there is a good chance that lake will be all debris from the monsoon.
Old    SamIngram            07-31-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
Epic! Switch toeside W2W down pat!!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-01-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Just driving up to the launch ramp starts to raise my blood pressure, I seriously almost need to drink a beer and meditate before entering the launch ramp experience. I takes me all of 2 minutes from the time I see the open slot to driving away on one of my bad days. I don't understand how so many boaters can be so completely incapable of doing the most basic required task related to boating?

Yesterday at Orwood I show up to pull my boat, just about rush hour on a Saturday evening, late enough so pretty much everybody there has had a few beers. As I pull up with the truck and trailer I see that there are 3 trailers attempting to go toward the water and somebody with some random issue blocking all but the absolute narrowest path I can pass through in front of me. The guy in front of me says he's got a "dead one" down at the dock??? Not sure if that means a dead body or a dead battery but it's clear he's going to make it more of a challenge and slow the process of pulling my boat. So I manage to snake my trailer past this guy and now I just continue to watch these 3 "boaters" try to snake their trailers down to the ramp. There is a guy in a lifted Yellow diesel F250 "Armadillo" towing a jet ski trailer, he's been jockying reverse 4', then forward 3' for about 5 minutes now and is slowly getting closer to the water now only about 50' from the back of his trailer. In the next lane there is an older Suburban with a Bayliner trailer in the water. Seems to be some disconnect between the husband and wife, he's sitting in the truck waiting, and she's sitting in the boat waiting, nobody seems to be moving. In lane 3 there is a beautiful new M/C X something with guys in the water around the trailer, guys driving the boat, guys in the water near the tongue trailer all moving around as if the boat is sure to be damaged if it touches anything but a human body. The Bayliner crew finally get's it worked out and makes out almost far enough for me to get into the ramp then friends and kids show up dragging the big ass tube they are now trying to load into the boat so they don't have to carry it another 100' to the well marked wipe down area. At this point I hit the horn and gesture toward the wipe down area. The already visibly frustrated wife yells back at me that it's the driver's first time... Hmmm, first time at what? First time, getting laid last night? First time, blocking the ramp? First time and last time out with his girlfriend, her boat and her kids, soon to be last time??? These thoughts make me laugh just enough to be patient another 2-3 minutes it takes them to finally move out of my way so I can get to my launch slot. I'm in the water and back up the ramp with the boat on the trailer in about a minute. Some how "Armadillo" has made it out of the water with his jet ski but, like the Bayliner did, has decided to block the path to the wipe down area. Looks like he had to go back and get his girlfriend out of the bar next to the launch ramp. We finally make it out of the ramp area and back into the wipedown area. Looks like all this only took about 15 minutes although it seemed like 2 hours, looks like it was a good day...
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-01-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
Good story Mikeski I hear ya, seems like forever. Also last week a crowd unloads a older I/O by dragging it off the trailer with a rope and walking it across all six lanes at the ramp! I'm waiting to load, they drag to the courtesy dock and hold it by the rope at the end of the dock, the boat has floated out at a 45 degree angle blocking two lanes, one of which my wife is in waiting to load me up! I idle up and yell they need to pull the boat around the other side parallel to the dock so people can load and unload. All i got were was clueless stares until the lightbulb went on and they understood what i was telling them, geez. Hopefully it sunk in. :|
Old     (kruiserkat)      Join Date: May 2010       08-01-2010, 10:55 PM Reply   
Was going to write something interesting but read to much, so I looked at the origional pic and laughed. Might go to church or maybe a private school this week. Hell gonna listen to some tower speakers playing rap, maybe some Eric Clapton at top volume.