Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
We moved out of the Austin area a few years ago & went back to visit this weekend. With not many options to get on what's left of the Perd, we headed to Quinlan Park to hang out on Lake Austin. I forgot how CRAZY the weekend warriors are out there. After feeling like we were going to be run over all day, we decided to leave. We towed a wayward boat back to the ramp just in time to see this....

Upload
Upload

The impressive part was how they backed the trailer under the boat sitting on the ramp & shoved it back into the water to get it on the trailer - again! By the looks of the scum on the hull, I don't think they have a lot of practice trailering the boat & uh, it kind of showed!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-19-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
OMG

Now that's Cra Cra!!!!

(Message edited by rnopr8 on July 19, 2009)
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-20-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
You can buff that out no problem.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
I spent about 15 years of summer weekends on the beaches of Lake Mojave in Laughlin. I would have to say I have probably seen it all, from boats falling off trailers, to people dragging their out drive up the ramp, sunken boats, boats up on the rocks, boat crashes, car crashes on the ramp. And people so drunk that they fall down walking to their car but yet jump in the driver seat to back the trailer down the ramp.
People never cease to amaze me, its pretty sad really.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
Yes, we've seen some pretty scary, sad, interesting &/or hilarious things as well.

It was even more entertaining to watch them back the trailer back under the boat and literally, shove it down the ramp back into the water. They got the boat back on the trailer, no problem. The outdrive, on the other hand, was just hanging there when all was said and done. They likely lost that somewhere on the highway on the way home!
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-20-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
We dropped ours on the ramp once shortly after we got it, didn't fall all the way off only rolled back a few feet, but it was a Pain to get it back on the trailer our boat is HEAVY.

Gotta wonder why are they sitting in it?

(Message edited by jtnz on July 20, 2009)