Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
Anyone using these handles? I am tired of replacing my handle every season. I am looking for a durable yet soft handle that will last. I am currently using an LG and the grip is stretched out and starting to role. I like the fact that the Straight Line bars are replaceable, but am having a hard time finding the replacement bars. Any suggestions?
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-14-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
I really like my ARI.

try these:

http://www.the-house.com/wakeboard-handles.html?refine.current=%40vendor%3AStraight+L ine&reset=&pagenumber=4&refine.color=&refine.price =&itemsperpage=16

http://www.wakeside.com/product/wakeboard_gear/more_gear/wakeboard_handles_lines/straight+line+handle+replacement+bar+2009.do
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
thanks, I like the fact of spending $9 - $19 on a new bar as opposed to spending $50 - $100 on a new handle every other season. Do they have a bar similar to the LG? I love feel of chamois grip.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-14-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
I've been using them for years and really like them.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
another question. Does the featherweight version float? The description says that the floats have been removed. Does it float without the floats?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-14-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Robert I would call proline and see if they will warranty your LG.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       05-14-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
Robert -

Email me about getting you set up w/ my warranty dept. caseyj@ridecwb.com - Thanks!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-14-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
Agreed with the warranty thing on the LG handle. Had one warrantied because it sank like a rock in water. The new handle does better. :-)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-14-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
I love the LG's... I just figure in the fact that I have to replace them once per season. The new ones are lasting a lot longer than the old ones. I got two years out of my last one and it wasn't torn, but the grip was rolling and the padding was shot... Basically just worn out.

I just got the new LG and coated mainline. Sweet package.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
I've had nothing but problems with my ARI handles. Because of the anti-roll design(which does what it says, doesn't allow the bar to roll in your hands), the padding ends up getting torn from the aluminum bar. I've had handles last less than a month. Their previous design was much better. It allowed some roll in your hand so the padding didn't have so much stress on it and separate from the bar. The replaceable bar is nice though, so if you can get a SL handle without the anti-roll design, I would go that way.

Personally, I got sick of replacing handles and tried the LG handle and love it. I have a full season on it and it still looks great.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-14-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
I have the ARI featherweight. It's really light. It floats. It doesn't roll, which is awesome. I've used it for a full season (lots of riding) and the grip is still in great condition.

My favorite handle ever.