Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-16-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
I like the Watson vs. Lyman post so I'm looking at either getting another PS3(which I love) or stepping up to the Witness which I haven't really tried. What are your guys thoughts on these boards. I too only ride liquid force as well
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-16-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
I only ride cable really, so I'm not sure how useful my review will be. I've rode the PS3 and the witness, and I must say that I love the witness much more. The center spine makes it land a little softer, and it's really aggressive when you set it on edge. It feels a little loose just cruising, but really locks in when you cut. It's definitely my favorite board that I have rode thus far.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
JD its Travis. Hey are you riding cable this weekend. I know you love the witness, maybe I'll have to ride it this weekend once more to make up my mind. I'm not sure which to get for the boat.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-17-2008, 7:28 AM Reply   
I ride a Witness, love it, and everyone who has ridden it wants one (even a friend who has the PS3 which is a little slow in comparison). Additionally, I have heard that KC Watersports has a grindbase Witness. Interesting post-script: I am heading to KC Watersports for the first time this Saturday so see you there.
Old     (maleyb)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-17-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
Liquid Force has a PS3 Grind and a Witness Grind for 09.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Actually its TSR that has the witness grind, we have the substance grind. Ya, I'll probably be at the cable this Sat or Sun so if you are there I'll see ya.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
I'll be at the cable both saturday and sunday this weekend. I'll see you guys there....and travis, you're always more than welcome to borrow my board if you want to check it out.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-17-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
How strict are they on the USCGA vest issue. I have a really buoyant Oneill Vapor which protects my ribs upon impact much better than my LF Cinch. Also, as a first time cable parker, should I ride my own board or rent one (I don't mind a few scratches)?
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
They are pretty strict on the CGA policy. They will make you rent one if you don't have one. As far as bringing your own board it depends on if you care if it gets damaged. You will come away with scratches, but if you have huge molded fins you very well could damage them. My brothers fins on his trip are all but gone. The price to rent one of their slider boards(recommended) is $10 dollars I think. This way you can use all the equipment and not damage your board. Hope to see you there, its alot of fun. Mike the owner is a really great guy and he's always willing to help ya out if you have questions. If I'm there I'm the short guy with the PS3 limited with white Shane bindings, and a black SWAT vest. I'll probably be hanging w/ my boys. They are great guys and they are really good. They can really help you if you need it. If Brad is working he's really good about helping new people too and he's really nice. Are you going to be there all day. I will probably be there for 2 or so hours. We'll see.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-17-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info...I'll be the one wearing a lame but CGA black with red and white checks vest and trying to learn the ropes (no pun).
Old     (el_rey_de_zapatos)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-18-2008, 4:25 AM Reply   
I ride a 140 Witness behind the boat and a 136 Witness Grind base at the cable. Behind the boat it has amazing pop and locks in when you need it to and breaks loose when you get in trouble. A very forgiving board. Working at a shop I get to try a lot of boards, but I always come back to the Witness. Have been on it since it came out last year. The 136 Grind Witness I have been on for about 8 months or so. So stable at the cable. Slides great and is a super smooth landing board. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. One of the best selling boards in the shop.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-18-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
I really think you should try it before you make your mind up. It feels like i must be the only person in the world that hates the witness after reading this thread!
I ride a PS3 and love it, but it does exactly fit what i want from a board - not super fast, but with heaps of straight up pop and fairly soft landings.
I tried my friend's jett (witness) and hated it. I felt off balance and strange from the beginning. Maybe if I'd given it more of a chance i would have got used to it, but after about 10 mins I'd had enough and put my own board back on.
I'm not saying that the witness is a bad board, just that it doesn't suit everyone, so you really really need to try it first...
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-22-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
To the KC Watersports crew...look forward to meeting y'all next year. I tried to make it out there Saturday but after coming as close to having a Michael Douglas "Falling Down" moment as I've been, I turned around. After fighting the Plaza Art Fair traffic to get out of KC, I sat bumper to bumper on 35 South (construction) for half an hour before doing the same on Hwy 69 (construction). At that point I called the park to make sure I was on track and found out I was still a half hour away (without considering traffic). I gave up and hopped on 119th to head back and promptly ran into my 3rd detour. Until next time...
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-22-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Man thats too bad. Traffic around the plaza always sucks. Hope to see you next year. Of course we're not closed yet!!
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-22-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
man. i'm sorry to hear that. you were VERY close. the traffic on 35 stops after about 135th since it opens back up. we still have 2 more weekends to go...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
Nice to hear some good reviews on the Witness. I'm gonna pull the trigger on an 08 with some 08 Watsons. Little added bonus is my friend Adam Dennis did the artwork for Greenwood's board in 08. I've ridden Hype for seven seasons with nothing but good to say about them and their customer service and decided to change it up this time. Looking forward to riding a Redmond shape!