Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
I found a nice 01 Launch SS w/ 160 hours and was wondering if anyone has ridden behind one and how the wake is? How would it compare to the SSV. I know you can fit more people but how big of a difference is the V-drive verse an inboard on the supra. Also has anyone had any problems w/ this boat?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
It is the same hull as the SSV so theoretically you could create the same wake if weighted right. You should be very happy with the wake, just get a good price check it over well. Nice boat.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine has one. All in all, it's a nice boat and they don't take very good care of it.

Here's a few shots of the wake. Factory rear tank (400lbs +/-), plus 250lbs in back and about 650lbs in the basement.

Best word to describe it is THICK...Upload
Upload
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-23-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
The D/D Launch wake is what made me want to buy my SSV. A very very meaty wake for a D/D. Almost exactly the same as the SSV wake if dunked correctly.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
Keep in mind, depending on year, there was a few dd launch's.

I think this is how it goes:
The Launch- Current Launch DD hull, and 21V hull, The godfather.
The Launch LS- Smaller version? late 90's, early 00's?
The Launch SS- DD version of the current SSV. Early '00's.

Check out the library on the Supra website. It has model breakdowns for the last several years.
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
yeah i read somewhere that the new haul came out in 01...
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
yeah i read somewhere that the new haul came out in 01...
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-23-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
I have an '02 Launch SL and it's the same hull as the current 22ssv (should be same as what you are looking at, Chris). It's 21'8". Makes a great crossover boat. it has factory ballast of about 8-900 lbs. 400'ish in ski locker and 400'ish under rear seat. i add a 250 sac on either side of the motorbox and a 350 in the rear storage (but you have to reinforce the floor back there first). I like the wake very much. it's a tad wide, but great shape. with all empty and the wake plate about 3/4 of the way down it makes a decent slalom wake at 30+ too.Upload
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
is there a big difference in just the launch and the launch SS. I actually think it is a Launch
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
the launch is a deeper hull than the SS or SSV. changed slightly in 04', but basically the same and the same as the newer Launch 21 and 21V. There are several of us that had the Launch DD and it is a great hull for skiing and wakeboarding. Here is a pic of the hull up out of the water for you to see how deep it is.Upload
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-24-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Don't the '01's have only 2 tower mounts on each side instead of 3 (what they had up until '04). I have a 2004 Launch SS, great boat, wake isn't too wide imo, wish it was wider. Wake curles over after 75' no matter how I weight it but you fly up to that length. We ride similar weight to NAW,s but with approx 500 extra in the back on top of stock ballast. Either model is great if you get a good deal.