Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    bambamski            03-26-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
OK I've narrowed the binding choices to 2004 Zuess, Parks, and Temets.

Don't know much about the Zuess, how's the foot bed? Looking for something that will be easy on the heel. (bruised it last year) How do these bindings hold up? What is the warranty like from CWB?

Temets, Don't know much about them. The Boa system will it last? Do they take a while to tighten up? How easy getting on and off?

Parks, Did they fix the whole ripping of the overlay problem?

I'm thinking all three are good bindings is there anything that sets one of them apart as being better??

Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-26-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
If you want another opition, the CWB Boss is a bad binding!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
The CWBs have a softer footbed than the hyperlite bindings, but they're not quite as thick.

I'm checking out the new Nice bindings. Hopefully they feel as nice as they look.

Old    dinker            03-26-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
I like the Temets the best bindings I have evrer had I had the Parks they are great bindings but I neede something with more ankle support(I broke it twice)and the Temets gave me everything they are super supportive you can still poke everything out and the boa works great I've heard alot of people say the boa isnt going to work and it takes to long it take seriously like 10 seconds but anyway you should demo them and figure out what best for you
Old    bambamski            03-26-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
Jesse, problem is I can't Demo because the water is still too hard here in Calgary(frozen). I'm heading to Arizona next week so I need a binding before I leave.

Zach the boss bindings kind of look like the Parks lace up system? Am I looking at the right one?

J-Rod, if the footbed is softer and thinner is there a chance of bottoming(sp?) out. Not that I go huge or anything but I used to think my BS cinch wraps were pretty think and comfy until I landed wrong once.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
Pat ive been riding my zeus hard for 9 straight months which includes all winter in Texas and have not bottomed out one time ,YET :-)

i dont go real big either but do a few inverts and have come down hard off Dups and havent felt anything on my feet/heel..

they are comfortable and stable ..i like them a lot..
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
I own the 2003 Belmonts, "Temets replaced them for 2004" the one thing I don't like about the Belmonts is that they don't have a seperate lace up system for the bottom of the foot and the ankle area. Same thing with the Parks bindings. But the Temets look sick. I will admit my buddy has the Byerlys, and he had the BOA break once. But it looks like the Temets are not as complicated of a BOA system as the Byerlys.

If it was me I would go for the Temets.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-26-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
The Zeus' are so very nice. Lots of support as well as the most comfy footbed ever. You will not regret getting the Zeus. I have ridden lots and am a firm believer in them. You will not bottom out on them guaranteed.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-26-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
The zeus footbed isn't thin, it's just not quite as thick as the Parks and Temet. I don't think you will bottom out.
Old    dinker            03-26-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
Like I said man the Temets are seriously the best bindings I demoed bunch of others and nothing compared to these!!Like Jonathan said the last year belmonts and parks didnt have seperate lacing but this year they do. The Temets have the lacing over your foot and then the boa for your ankle they are stinken awesome man I wouldnt go with anything else
Old    bambamski            03-28-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
I'd have to agree with Jesse! Tried the Temets and the Parks on yesterday. Temets are a little stiffer and offer more suport and with the BOA I can tighten them up way tighter and easer than the Parks. I really like how you can tighten up the top and bottom separately. The foot beds are thicker and pretty hard, do they soften up after some use? Very nice binding though.

My dealer here doesn't carry the Zuess (CWB) because they don't have a Canadian distrutor here so getting parts and warrenty issues is much tougher. That's too bad because they look pretty nice.

Thans for the input, I think I'll be the proud owner of some new Temets!

Old    c_dub_bizzle            03-28-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
zeus are great! I haven't bottomed out and i get on huge 2ups and 3ups.
Old    prodigy136            03-29-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
zeus are awsome. just got a pair. the footbed is super, super comfy support is awsome and the hls strap is great. you would not be dissapointed with them. i highly recommend to anyone
Old    dinker            03-29-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
hey Pat have you gotten the Temets yet?and yeah the footbed is hard but its sweet it feels great to me I would go with the temets for sure
Old    bambamski            03-30-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
Got the Temets, a week and 2 days until I hit the water!!! Can't wait.
Old    xrated            03-30-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
Arizona? You bagger! LOL have fun, wish I could start my season early.
Old    bambamski            03-31-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Mr. Xrated how's it going?

Did you buy a new boat yet? You are on the same plan I was on there for a while. Different boat each year until the wife said enough was enough. She actually made me sign a contract that I had to keep this one for 3 years. This is the last year on the contract. Boat shopping is fun. Come on with the current weather we should be in the slew by the middle of APril...

Old    xrated            03-31-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
Nope no new boat, maybe next year. Ya the slew mid April would be better than nada. Have a good holiday and take a rip for me.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-01-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
The zeus bindings lasted me 1 year. That is a record. I have a complete writeup on them, they are truly best in class bindings.

I also just got a new pair of those transit bindings, which in my opinion one upped the zeus. I'll throw out a review soon on the transit, but if you want some info on the zeus, read here...

http://www.wakepics.com/view_feature.php?featid=221