Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Currently I am running X-Star rear bags in the rear (400 each?) and the factory center sack. I also have started putting an additional 400-500 in the nose. I have two issues: 1 My oldest daughter tends to like large wakes (thanks Paytons, Twelkers and CIE )and would like a larger wake. She does like the firmness, just not the height and short transition. She likes it best when fully loaded with above configuration. 2 - Wake starts to curl right at 76-77'. Many of our friends ride at 80' and I would like to have more people ride with us and not have to use their boats all of the time. The wake is not good at 80' Any setup out there that creates a good wake at 80'? Diggs?

This Supra is are first boat and has been great for the girls to progress behind. I realize that I will have to replace it someday, just looking for a cure until I can decide whats is next and sell to the next family to enjoy.

Thanks,

Vince
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
Speed up or adjust your wakeplate some. This boat should have no problem putting out a great wake at 80'. From what you say your daughter likes, bump your wakeplate down a bit, possibly up to a quarter of the way from where you are now. Do remember that the more weight you have in it, the more you will need to speed up.

I have ran this boat with the gravity setup, 1150 in the front and 550's on either side of the engine. Run the wakeplate around half or a little more down at 24 mph and the wake is money at 80'.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            08-28-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
Yeah I would say speed up too. Also, I found instead of putting all the extra weight in the nose try to get it in the belly where you have the stock bag. I was lining lead under the bag and that bag was an 1150 like Jon is talking about.

Go out and get the 1150 Bag and hook it up and speed it up and bit and you are done! Don't trust your speedometer until you have run a handheld GPS in your boat. If you don't have one email your friends. Someone will have a little cheapy they can bring out. Probably run the wake plate about halfway, but play around with it.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-28-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Vince, I ride at 91 feet at 26.7mph so I would also agree to speed up. Also, be careful not to put the wake plate all the way up. I found it best to have it just over the bottom line. I run 600's in each rear locker, 800 in the center and 600 in the bow, with the wake plate between the bottom and middle line.

One final thought, just like Jon & Diggs said, put more weight up front. That helps a lot.

Good luck!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-28-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
Jon can set up a 22 like nobody i've ever seen. He's set up at least 4 that I have rode behind, and each one has booted me insanely high.

Eventually, you will need a new boat. But that 22SSV has a wake that a X-star can't hold a candle to IMHO.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-28-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
The suggestions above are correct, but if your daughters aren't up for riding at 24-26 mph you're just not going to be able to ride at 80 ft. In addition to riding at 24-26 mph you will need much more weight to ride at that length.

I have mine set up with 750's on each side in the rear and about 1000 lbs up front. I ride at 23 mph at 70 ft with the plate all the way down. The wake is big, beefy, and clean. Pull the plate up and it gets steep and firm.

Most of the people I ride with are advanced riders (multiple inverts, raleys, off axis spins, etc) and they ride at the same speed and length as I do, but raise the plate to about 3/4 up. The other day I did have a guy on my boat who wanted to ride at 75 and 80 ft, but the wake was just to washy that far back at 23 mph and then it was not big or firm enough at 25 mph. To ride that far back and have the same wake at 70 ft/23 mph I would have needed more weight.

The bottom line is: The further back you ride the faster you must go. The faster you go the more weight you will need to achieve the same size/shape wake at slower speeds with shorter ropes.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
All - Thanks for your input. I need a new center sack and was going to the GG one anyway. Hopefully I can fit in an extra 6-10 pop sacks in the belly somewhere.

I tend to run the plate with 1/2 to 3/4 towards the up position. I'll play a little once I get some more weight in her.

Speed won't be a problem for my oldest daughter, she rides at 23.7 @75' now and does not plan riding a longer rope anytime soon. The boat has been GPS'd and pulls local INT events in lower divisions (the little ones love the wake!)so I know speed is correct.

Most of our upper end riders are at 24.2 - 24.8 behind other boats at 80'.

Just a side note, after riding the Supra wake a few times, she went out behind a loaded Malibu and killed it last night. Best and most consistent set of the year. The smile was priceless!

I will post up pics once I get this thing weighted a little more.
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       08-31-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
WE ride 23.2 at 75ft 750 in each rear 1200 in the locker and the plate at 3/4. and prolly 150 lbs in weights to balance the driver out... The wake is pretty big even with just a driver in the boat. W/ 3 or 4 ppl its getting close to fully weighted xtar size. Its good enough for all my inverts but supra wakes are just wider than alot of other boats specially SANs or Mastercrafts(which are acutally kinda wide just so rampy it doesnt feel like it). So unless u wanna ride faster or are just SUPER advanced 75 is a great length. The further u go back the wake gets smaller and u need more weight. Thats y the pros ride 5k pounds routinely they also ride 85ft and 26 mph. But unless shes doing back 7s off the wake she should be very happy w/ the sacks that we got off i beleive the 24 ft supra. hope that helps.
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       08-31-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
Also the more weight u run it will curl closer to the boat so u have to speed it up if u add weight even at the same length. AND adjust the pp when u add weight!!!
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       09-01-2009, 12:14 AM Reply   
u guys should post some pics of the wakes and put under them the length speed weight... vince next time i get out ill get some pics