Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
I just received this email today and thought you guys may think it's funny. Also some of you will find it offensive and get all butt hurt. I am not affiliated with any of it and it it does not reflect my political beliefs. I do however have a sense of humor and can take a joke. Note, I also did not forward this to everyone on my email list because I don't like getting that crap either.

I'm cutting back and you may want to also....

* * * * I'm going to bite the bullet, too!!!!

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) Federal budget.

I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the samething with my personal budget. I spend about $2,000 a month ongroceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., but it's timeto get out the budget cutting axe, go through my expenses, and cut back.

I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of mytotal budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending$2,000 a month, I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents. Yes,I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice isall about.

I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries --- six cents worth.

Did this President actually think no one would do the math? Please sendthis to everyone on your list so people understand how idiotic a $100million cut is in a $3.5 trillion budget is ludicrous!!!!!!!

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation...
* * * * One is by sword...
* * * * *******The other is by debt."
* * * * ************************************************** *********************John Adams 1826
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-11-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
What is the cost of a 10-day swing through India, Burma etc. that takes (among other things):--
- thirteen C-130's to airlift a fleet of over 40 cars and 3 helicopters,
- 500 security personnel,
- bookings of 800 rooms in the Taj Mahal hotel for the entourage, and
- deployment of a fleet of 34 warships, including an aircraft carrier, to patrol the sea lanes off the Mumbai?

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/34...ma-visit-64459

(The answer is not in the article.)
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-11-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
I know, right? Solyndra was $300M, or 18 cents a month. Aren't you pissed?!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-11-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
Try $535M. And when corners are cut to piss away taxpayers dollars on a failing company, yes it should piss people off.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...ailure-coming/
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-11-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
75 Percent of Obama's Proposed Tax Hikes to Go Toward New Spending

10:04 AM, Dec 11, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Seventy-five percent of the new revenue pulled in by President Barack Obama's "fiscal cliff" plan would go toward new spending, not toward deficit reduction, the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee contends. Here's a chart, detailing how money from the new tax hikes would be distributed:

According to the minority side of the Senate Budget Committee, $1.2 trillion of the proposed $1.6 trillion in tax hikes would go toward new spending, while only $400 billion would go toward deficit reduction.

"The [president's] plan called for $1.6 trillion in new taxes, twice what the president asked for in the campaign. He asked for $800 billion during the campaign. Now he wants $1.6 trillion in new taxes," said Senator Jeff Sessions, the ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee, last week on the floor.

"Spending under that plan would increase $1 trillion above the levels agreed to in the Budget Control Act, as signed into law. We agreed to the Budget Control Act 16 months ago, in August 2011, and we raised the debt ceiling and agreed to reduce spending. We raised the debt ceiling $2.1 trillion and agreed to reduce spending $2.1 trillion. The President's plan would take out over $1.1 trillion of those spending limitations that are in current law. I repeat, spending will increase more than $1 trillion above the already projected growth in spending," Sessions added.

"Our spending is growing. It is not decreasing. It is already projected to grow, but the President's proposal is to have it grow even faster than the law currently calls for."
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-11-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Dave; How dare you quote John Adams, Using words our founding fathers said to warn us of things that might happen or trip us up in the future, is pure Blasphemy
I call shenanigans! This John Adams guy was no good! Didn’t he make Illegal beer, their for anything he said must be thrown out the window!

While we are at it ignoring thing’s
Isn’t the constitution an Old out Dated document that we should ignore?

Change Hope and Transparency at work her folk’s

BTW get back to work how is the government going to pay of all these entitlements if you don’t produce! So get cracking millions of roaches are counting on you
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2012, 7:28 PM Reply   
Sorry Grant I'll get backto work. Millions on welfare depend on me.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-12-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
This John Adams guy was no good! Didn’t he make Illegal beer, their for anything he said must be thrown out the window!
You're thinking of his second cousin Samuel "Sam" Adams and it was not illegal to brew beer then. And in all reality John Adams was partial to cider.

There's also some debate behind the validity of that quote.

But I digress...

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/d...ams_drink.html