Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-29-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
I'm set on doing some filming this year, and making some videos. I haven't done any wake filming before and I need some help. Fortunately, I have some decent equipment I aquired a few years ago which has already got me a good start.
I have a Canon Gl-2 which I have had for the past few years but haven't really used much. I know that it's not a top of the line camera but it should get me some decent quality stuff, I think? I also bought the Raynox fisheye for it awhile ago.
Now here is where I need the help. The stuff that I need would be an underwater housing and decent enough editing software. I believe the Epic housing kit can be had for less than 400 dollars after some of the research I did. Which will probably be my choice since I'm trying to do this on a budget, Unless someone else has better suggestions. And as for the editing program I remember back a few years ago Adobe was the program to use. But I also remember it's a very expensive program that's pretty complex as well. What is the best bang for my buck I can get with editing software? Any equipment I forgot or tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-29-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
What platform are you using PC or Mac?

The epic water housing will do just fine!

If you find that you want something better get one from www.waterhousings.com he builds for the best in the industry!
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-29-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
I'm going to be stuck using PC.
Those housings look nice, But I just found a used epic for 75 online, If I can scoop up something that cheap i'd be excited.
Old     (adamo)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
I would go adobe if you can afford it. Also, if you're a student or you have a friend, you can get a pretty significant discount.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-29-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
Or Piratebay offers a pretty significant discount
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-29-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Anyone using anything other than Adobe that they like?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-29-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Use Adobe!
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-30-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   
Ha Alright, Killing my budget though.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-30-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
For basic DV editing that Premiere Elements sounds like a great package, I'm sure you can find it for under $100.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-30-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
If you know anyone getting rid of the Epic Pro housing let me know.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-30-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quality is remembered LONG after price is forgotten!