Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (beachbum22)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-11-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
This past weekend was the first time I got to ride my new board AND bindings and I absolutely I loved it! But what I loved most about my board is that it helped to start the first ever Ladies Wakeboard Group on my lake!!!

This past weekend the local ski team was giving free pulls to anyone who wanted a ride, so hubby and I went with our wakeboards. When we got there I noticed some of the girls (who just ski) were eyeing my board and we started chatting. They said the only boards they had ever tried were the guys boards (that were probably too big) and that they didn’t like wakeboarding. I told them my board was smaller and the bindings would fit much better and I offered to let them try it. Well, they LOVED it, they can’t wait to get their own boards and we are planning on starting a girl’s team/group next summer! I’m so excited to finally have other girls to ride with!!

Oh, and apparently I’m being recruited for the Ski-team as well. They want me for the “pyramid” however, I’ve never skied a day in my life! Oh, well =)

Here's a pic of my new board - BLINDSIDE FLOWER 132, BLINDSIDE TIDE BINDINGS. Gotta love lake hair, right ladies?

[IMG]http://i2.tinypic.com/63t22w6.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-11-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
Love the set up! And Kudos to you for promoting women's wakeboarding!