Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-15-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
What is your wipe down routine after loading the boat on the trailer. Also what products do you use on vinyl & hull. I want to make sure the people riding with me get a chance to participate in this ritual before they say thanks and leave.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-15-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
Pull out the towels and start, if they cant take a hint, then they dont get invited back...
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-15-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
open them a beer, hand them a bottle of diluted vinager and a rag.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-15-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
Epic1 has it right!

20% vin + 80% water
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-15-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
I try and wipe down the boat inside and out with towels only, then every 2-3rd time I'll use a spray wax and wipe down, I'll 303 the interior about once a month.
Old     (cdl)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-15-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
My boat came with babes products and I have used it to wipe it down some this winter. Seems to do good on smudges i got on interior from doing some work on the boat. My boat is new and hasn't see water yet so not sure how it will do in "real life use" but seems it will work well. Smells good also
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-15-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
i use eagle 1 wax as you dry spray.. it works really good. just spray on before you dry and the wide dry it keeps a nice shine in the haull
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-15-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
I pull about half way up the ramp and sit there about ten minutes to make sure I get every last drop out of the ballast bags. Then we'll climb out and get the coolers out and maybe grab a sandwich. By now there are usually a few people looking at me and beeping their horns because I've got such a kick ass boat. Either that or they wish they had sammiches too. I'm usually off the ramp in like 20 minutes.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-15-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
I'd kill you!!! So you just chill on the ramp??? I know most boaters would be honking... we usually just hook the bow eye pull it up past the stinky poopers, start drying, and theres usually enough room behind us for about 4 more rigs and boats, and still room to move around
Old     (droz)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-15-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
I use lemon pledge every time we pull the boat out. Cleans the little stuborn spots and puts a nice little shine on it at the same time.

If I leave a few towels laying around, people usually feel guilty watching me clean and help out.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-15-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
Pete you're killing me. That's way too funny!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
Hilarious Pete, you forgot to leave those doors open so you take of the maximum amount of space. Maybe even walk with a bit of a strut; like your the baddest rider in the world.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-15-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
All the people that go with us always know that they clean the boat while I make sure everything's secured correctly. When the boat is wiped dry/clean, we go top off the tank & then someone helps me roll the cover over the boat & we equally strap each side down simultaneously so the cover is straight. Then the boat's ready for next time.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-15-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
Yeah I usually leave the doors open so I can hear my tunes. I did forget to mention that it's a two lane ramp but I like to back right down the middle of that bad boy. I don't like other people to get their boats too close to mine. Some people just don't know what they are doing out there and they might hit my boat.
Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 4:53 AM Reply   
Pete I have talked to a few fishermen who fish at BSW and they are always complaining about the guy in the Supra taking up the entire launch ramp and blasting that devil music. I wonder if that is you? They say you even try to swamp their boats with waves as I have been told you go within 5'of there boats. I think what really drew the line is when you sprayed the old couple with your board, when they were fishing off the dock.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-16-2007, 5:15 AM Reply   
well yeah I have to go close, I mean they obviously want to check out our steeze. That's why they are always stareing at us right? And the old people on the dock...man it was hot out that day I was doing them a favor. I could tell they really liked it because the old guy was giving me the Arsenio fist pump after I did it.
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-16-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
When do you guys actually wash the boat (with soap and water)? I guess you do not have to deal with dirty water - a simple wipe down does not seem to get if very clean (here in Louisiana).
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-16-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Bob, I would like some input here also. I usually wash mine with Simple Green every couple of weeks. We have dirty water here also. I like the idea of using diluted vinegar right after loading her up in the wipe-down area. Just have a couple of spray bottles and towels/diapers ready.

Lance, I have heard about using Pledge and actually had in my buggy to buy one day, but I wanted to get some other peoples result with it.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-16-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
OHH, I don't think I would spray Simple Green on a boat, well maybe a bass boat. I would think it was way to harsh. When I had a boat I would wipe it down every time and every two or three times I would wash it by hand but still wiped it down at the lake. I would normally wax 1-2 times every two months. If it were a black boat I would probably wipe and wash every time. Washing a boat can be done with little time.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-16-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
And I never use dishsoap to wash, always a carwash specific soap.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-16-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Spray and wipe it down with Babe's Boat Bright every time it comes out of the water. It leaves a smooth finish that resists water spots.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-16-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
Actually Simple Green has a car wash formula. It has always been good to my boat
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-16-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
Babes green for the outside, blue for the inside
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-16-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
keep your boat waxed, then all you have to do is get out the empties and head for home.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-16-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
So does Armorall but I don't spray that all over my boat. I know that sounds rude but I'm not trying to be.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-16-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
MAC, to whose post are you responding?
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-16-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
We pull it out every night and hit the outside with Meguires Quick detail spray and the inside gets sprayed and wiped with 303 cleaner. The whole process takes 10 minutes and then the cover goes on.
Old     (tktige)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-19-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
Pete,
You forgot to put on the cover, while you were onthe ramp. You wouldn't want to trailer home with out it. Saw some fool in a Cig boat take about 40 min at the ramp, because he was a retard and couldn't center his go fast boat on the trailer, then the dumba$$ proceded wipe down his boat and fight with his bimbo. Then puts his cover on. I ask him if he knew there was a tie down lane just about 40 ft up the ramp and he looked at me like what's a tie down lane.

Fools and fun at the boat ramp always!!!
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-19-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
They're fun as long as they don't get pissy when you laugh at them. Usually they're too arrogant to want any help.
Old     (desertcajun)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-19-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
If you keep your boat waxed just use a spray bottle with drinking water it will polish up fine. If you use vinegar or amonia based products you will strip the wax finish off the boat pretty quick. At least that works for me with the water conditions where i am at. Our water is real hard water.
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2007, 2:28 AM Reply   
There are sum local bums at the dock we use. We give them all our cans and bottles and they wipe down the boat...