Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    tomekrys            02-24-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
Looking at a 1994 Malibu Echelon. Very clean and well maintained. 490 hours on 350 with weber carb. Price is 11k. What do you think of this boat for the money? Comes with extended pylon and bimini top with slot for pylon. Hows the wake?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-24-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
did it come from the factory with a weber carb?my only experiance with weber didnt turn out well.
should have a rochester quadrajet or holley.

other wise there nice the only one i have ever ridden only had 1 500#sac and the wake was very little. he wouldnt put anymore in it.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-24-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
nice boat, but doesn't throw near a nice of wake as a eurof3 of the same year...
Old    tomekrys            02-24-2006, 11:45 PM Reply   
But for 11k its probably one of the newer boats I can get in that price range right? What else to look at thats all fiberglass?
Old    tomekrys            02-25-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
Don't the Echelons have the same hulls as the early Wakesetters?
Old    ntron            02-25-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
Here is a link to an old discussion in which I posted a pick or our old 93 Echelon. I would day it threw up a really nice wake. Nice an big smooth transition not abrupt like SAN but still very good.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/73474.html?1057446569#POST248734
Old    tomekrys            02-25-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Thanks for your help. I've heard a lot of good things about the mid 90's Pro-Stars so am I weighing this Echelon vs one of those.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-25-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
i have been behind the echelon and i currently own a 94 prostar -- i was not impressed w/ the wake of the echelon, but neither was i w/ mine w/o added ballast. my prostar kicks up a really nice wake w/ the correct amount and positioning of ballast--good luck on your decision... but not a bad price...
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-25-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
i have been behind the echelon and i currently own a 94 prostar -- i was not impressed w/ the wake of the echelon, but neither was i w/ mine w/o added ballast. my prostar kicks up a really nice wake w/ the correct amount and positioning of ballast--good luck on your decision... but not a bad price...
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-27-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
The echelon throws a really nice wake, probably on of my favorites from older ski boats. Like any other boat it is going to need ballast. I would say in the ballpark of 1800-2000. Put that in it and the wake will be very nice.

I may be wrong but I think it is the same hull as the V-ride/I-ride and earlier wakesetters.

I wouldn't hesitate in buying a echelon. I have had 3 friends with them and they have all been good boats. If you can't afford to jump to a v-drive then you can't go wrong with the echelon.