Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
Nothing special about this photo, shot during a turn on my buddys ski boat (as you can see by the lack of wake). Anyways, just thought this was a cool picture. I took it with an old sony digi camera. Rider = my girlfriend, Lake = Shaver. Hope you enjoy.

*sunset*, I can't spell today.

(Message edited by wakehype on May 11, 2005)
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-11-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
aaaahhhh the sunset run. Gotta love it. Nice pic bro.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-11-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
let's title it "last ride"...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-11-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
I've always wanted to ride Shaver. Everytime I drive by I'm on my way to go snowboarding & it wouldn't really work out that time of year. How is it in the summer time? Crowded?
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-11-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
That looks cold....sorry the only times I have been to Shaver there has been snow on the ground (winter) or there is hundreds of people around (summer). But damn that scenery is surreal. I love the Sierra's. We go camping at Florence and Courtright all the time...quite a bit higher and we always want to ride across the butter just because the pictures would be amazing.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
Thanks guys.

Melissa, during the summer you can find plenty of riding time on the water. Water temp is not bad at all. I love it up there in the dead of summer. We have a cabin up there and will go up for one-two weeks at a time just to relax.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2005, 10:39 PM Reply   
Big Heavy - Not really at all during the week. The weekends can get busy. It's a pretty cool lake, just watch out -- They don't mark the rocks in the middle of the lake by boyscout island.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2005, 11:06 PM Reply   
Shaver is SWWEEET!! Clean water and great for morning and evening sessions. That does look cold and I bet it was. Your right about the rocks.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
What's up Gerrett - Let me know next time you are going to be at Millerton. I am in Monterey for college right now -- I'll be done with this semester in a couple weeks and will be back in Fresno for the summer. I am usually seen out in my green VLX. Take it easy.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2005, 11:35 PM Reply   
I'll keep my eyes peeled, Later.
Old    ssippiriverrat            05-13-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
Sick. I cannot wait to get out there--still cold as sh** in minny. Here's one of my favs.
pic