Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
so I am thinking about joining up for the 2007 season. I have never competed (still not good enough) and was wondering what everyone thought of it. I would be competing in the so cal region, and am guessing it would be in the masters division, as I am getting to be old.
Is it worth the time, how is the organization, etc.
let me know your thoughts.

thanks,

Thomas
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
As the MI coordinator, I encourage you to get going. It is an ability based division format, so you can start as basic as you need to. Since there are no ringers, you will have a very supportive environment.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-22-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
Thomas I would encourage you to give it a try, great organization, good fun, good family enviroment and competing with others within your skill level. Try one, I bet you go back.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-22-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
I second everyone else's opinion to give it a try. I made some life long friends at my INT. Don't worry about your age, it's all good fun man! Great environment, cool people to meet, and great organization. Try it and let us know how it goes.
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-22-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
My daughter rode in the socal int last year and she loved it. Great group of people.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-22-2007, 11:35 PM Reply   
I competed in masters last year first time ever competing. And it was a great time Thanks to the entire Nor-Cal group for making me feel welcome. And now I need to make U.S. Championships again because they are an hour away from New Orleans!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-23-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
so how does the competition work. do you just do 12 tricks over two passes? do you have to submit your trick list to them prior to your run? it sounds like something I would like to do. thanks for the info so far guys.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-23-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Jeff, You did outstanding last year! Your wife, Tanner and the dog were a great addition to the INT environment. I look forward to seeing you guys again this year.

Thomas, the new people taking over SoCal are top-notch people, the Galli's have been apart of the water sport industry for a long time and understand how to have a good time.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-23-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
I have actually emailed them a couple of times, and have not heard back. that is why I posted on here.
so dogs are welcome at the events? thats cool. If I do this, I am hoping to get my wife to ride as well. try and make it a family affair.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Thomas- as the former So Cal Coordinator for INT all I can say is GO FOR IT! You'll thoroughly enjoy yourself, meet great people and progress your riding. Who have you contacted and not gotten a response? Feel free to e-mail me and i'll give you whatever info you need!
Masters Division does NOT require you to submit your trick list. It's an Intermediate Division, so practice your wake to wakes, grabs, and 180's.
So Cal has posted the tentative schedule with the first event at Paradise Lakes, which will be awesome......
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-23-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
thanks Jeff. I sent you an email.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-23-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
I recall dogs being allowed depending on event site. And unless it has changed you are allowed 1 invert and 2 360's per run. And you can't repeat a trick in your pass. But you can do the same pass up and back. Watch out for the dreaded "Walk of Shame" Jeff
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-25-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
I've been in the INT since 1996 when it first came to Kansas. It literally has been my life since then. I look forward to every summer, just because the people there are an AWESOME group of people. I have grown up with the INT in my life, and I wouldnt change it for anything. Join, you wont ever regret it.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
I'll be tagging along with Jeff this year hopefully with my daughter and son in tow. Looking forward to all the goodtimes Jeff has talked about Chuck.....
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
Chad, Is your daughter and son going to ride also?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-26-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
thanks for all the info guys. I have now registered. am looking forward to making a fool of myself! looking forward to meeting you guys.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-26-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
I have to agree with everyone that loves INT. We have made some great friends through INT and could not ask for any better experience. Both of my girls ride, and I stumble along through the veterans division(you have to be real old). Both of my girls have been to US championships- one placing 6th and my other is the 06 US Champion. They are both very proud of their accomplishments and can't wait till the 07 season starts.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-26-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
Chuck,

My daughter is one of the main reasons I am going up there. She has been stoked on riding as of late. My son is still a little too young.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Chad,

How old is your son? Mini Outlaw, I have seen 4 year olds out there.
Old     (sancho)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-28-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
I absolutely love the INT. The INT's here in nevada are quite the joke, not a huge get together. Verry unorganized and mostly waterski oriented. Here in nevada we dont have much of a wakeboard INT family. Nobody here rides in the same class so there are like one to two people in each class. Makes for some sweet compatition. Nationals is a great time on the other hand. Every one from around the country gets together to have a good time and do a little wakeboarding.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-28-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
He just turned 3
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-01-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Chad, Maybe next year he can ride.

Sancho, Nor Cal INT is not far from you if you want to hit up a couple of events. Many good riders in every division, free dinner for all on Saturday nights and many good people.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-01-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
is the INT League for any one, or do you have to be a sponsored rider?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-01-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
based upon my skills, it is for everyone.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-01-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
k thanks