Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
so i was watching "counterfeit this" for probably the 30th time and i ask myself, in murray's section how does he do that thing where he rides on just the tail as the boat turns around. im sure its really hard, but im curious to try...but how do you do it?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-05-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
Good question!!??
I just like to attribute it the the fact that Shawn is just straight bad A**!!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-05-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Someone once posted his description of how to do that... It was as simple as, "just lean back."

I tried leaning back, while pushing down on my rear foot, and slightly lifting my front foot... It worked, but it didn't look like Mr. Murray's version... It didn't last as long either.

-Blake
Old    K.B.C.            08-05-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
if you guys like that you should watch a few of the sections of Such is Life. I'm not sure who the rider is but he butters the heck out of the roam.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-05-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Partick Panakos in Such is Life. Sick section.
Old    qbanboarder312            08-11-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
so yea every damn time i ride my roam i ask my self that question. ive kinda figured it out.. again i say kind of. as youre goin make your board horizontal (watch not to catch an edge. Hah!) and if youre regular footed press all your weight on to your left foot. while lifting your right foot up. it still doesnt look nearly as cool and probably is a bit different than murray's of course but its the closest ive gotten
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
when the boat is turning is is more of a wheely then a butter because the board is not flexing all the much. I've found that it is key to drag the tail edge of the board while leaning back it gives you more leverage. If that makes any sense. If not dont worry about it just go out and goof on the roam. I've been trying to blunt side the wake and do butter 180's while cutting in I.E. switch heel side 180ed to toe side wake jump.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-12-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
First, the trick is performed while the boat is turning, putting you in a slight whip. Straighten your front leg and bend your back leg, putting all of your wieght over your rear foot. maintain your balance and start pushing with your back foot, the front of the board will start to rise. It takes a little work. Good luck
Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-13-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
Like Chuck said. In the turn, i dont think that you can hold a press that extreem for that long going 20 or so... "Think" so i could be wrong...
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-13-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
Its really not that difficult to do, just huck a lot of wiehgt onto your back foot while lifting your front and as the boat whips you try and hold it as long as possible. I have been doing these a lot lately since I bought my ROAM a month ago, it is hella fun. Not to mention you can do endless amounts of surface 360s and butterslides.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-14-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
you don't need to lift your front foot---it will happen by itself if you put your weight over your back foot and press/push down.