Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-11-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
Where are you?????
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-25-2010, 5:13 AM Reply   
hey guys, look what i just found ...

http://www.alliancewake.com/gear-gui...id=3&aw_mid=19

The new RAD and Jewel Boots?! hmm... the RAD still look the same... rather bulky in my opinion, don't you think?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
^^ Those are the pre-release pictures of the the boots that were going to be the original 2010 boots. additional changes are being made from what i understand and they will be released as an early 2011 boot about august.
I don't know what changes are being made, but i am thinking that most likely they will be moving to a track mounting system like burton uses (or like the nova core boards for hyperlite) if this happens then that hardware under the foot will shrink or disappear all together

here is one of the pics that have been seen featuring this potential change.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
the "fast track system" was first used in the kite boards... or at least one model so far. and it is definitely being tested on the wakeboards as we have heard and can see in a few random pics such as the one above
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-25-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
the white r.a.d. bindings look pretty rad! i hope they're a lot more comfortable than past models W/ FOOTBEDS! if so, i wanna try 'em out! with all due respect though, i think before they think about making mounting options/changes, they need to think of comfort and support first. that's what drew me away from past ss bindings.

Last edited by dakid; 06-25-2010 at 2:46 PM.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-25-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
I like how Slingshot acts like the "Fast track" is a new design. Snowboards have had similar systems for years, but it has never really become standard. Hasn’t Hyperlite also had something like that for a while? I feel it is unnecessary, I wish wake companies would just agree on a standard hole pattern that allows any binding to be mounted. Nothing against Slingshot, I have never tried their wake gear, but their Kite products can’t be beat.
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-28-2010, 12:21 AM Reply   
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Right now I'm riding a Slingshot Recoil with Ronix Relik boots on it. I'm super into the feel of the Relik boots, and I don't feel like they negatively effect the flex of the board.
On another note, I hope Slingshot makes a nice and soft low cut boot like the Relik. I can't get over how perfect they feel.