Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Opinions verses other bindings. Please respond ONLY if you have actually used them AND other bindings. Speculation based on how they look, what you like better even though you haven't used the CWB hinged, etc. is NOT helpful. Thank you to those who respond with useful information.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-26-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
I have the Zeus and so does my friend. I have 3 friends with the Torq hinge bindings. I have ridden both the zeus and the torq. The zeus have a much stiffer and supportive feel. Both have very good heel lock down (your heel doesnt lift when you edge). The zeus are a much more custom fit. I recomend the zeus without a question. Also durabilty is great. I have ridden them 2-3 times a week for a year straight. Only problems with them so far is I had to replace the laces and one of the screws pulled out the side of the binding. Both problems were fixed with more spare parts then i really needed.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-26-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
I have the hinged Zeus and previously rode Hyperlite Temets.

The fit and comfort are fantastic. The ease of use is great. I love them, and now 6 other people I ride with regularly have switched to them, too, and they all love them.

Only problem: had to replace a couple laces.

I also have a pair of Factions but prefer the fit and support of the Zeus.

2006 Zeus's are selling at good prices now. I've seen as low as $200. I'm taking a wait and see attitude about the lace retractor on the 2007. Seems likes it's gonna break.

(Message edited by eaglejackson on October 26, 2006)
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Thank you. I was about to buy a set of the Zeus, but the new Vapor looks good as well. I think I have narrowed it down to those 2. However the season is pretty much over in OK, so I thought I would see what others had for input, since I have a few months (long cold winter months) to decide. I think the Zeus may be stiffer than the Vapor, which may help prevent knee injuries, but I could be wrong about that. That could be a whole other post, but I guess it is fair game now.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-26-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
Anyone have a comparison of Zeus vs. LQ Ultras?
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-26-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
I bought the CWB Faction without a try-on (online) and am hooked! Every bit as comfortable as my '05 double up socket but without the weight (1.5 lbs less for the Faction per boot) and no more slime/newtjuice etc. or struggle to put on (especially in the water after a hard crash.) Since I bought online I wanted a boot with a little bit of range as far as size goes, just in case. I'm a 9.5-10 and the Medium is a perfect fit.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-26-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
The stiffer boot may help prevent ankle injuries but I don't know how much it will effect knee injuries. The Zeus is an amazing boot, tons of support, very soft and so easy to get into. Like Leo said they are darn near bomb proof except for the laces coming unraveled(2 minute fix). I also think the ease of entry helps the durability as you aren't tugging and ripping on them to get the damn things on.

The vapor is a more beginner boot, on the same level as the Torq. If you want Hinge and a lot of support get the Zeus, if you want a little more flexibility yet still a lot of support get the Faction. The Torq & Vapor fit a wider range of feet whereas the others are sized for your foot. Thus a more customized (better) fit.

After riding Hinge for a year now I can't imagine going back. This is the first year I haven't exploded a pair of bindings. The ease of use and the overall design have made them excellent bindings for the long haul. I've used many other boots, I really liked the 3DS (basically I liked Hype's inner sock thingy. CWB matched it with the Articulated toe.

(Message edited by stephan on October 26, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-26-2006, 10:11 PM Reply   
Heavy summed it up.

The LF Ultra isn't even on the same level as the Zeus boot. I have owned and ridden both. LF makes some killer bingings, but I thought the Ultra were junk.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-27-2006, 12:06 AM Reply   
been riding the hinge for the past year or so and have to agree with everyone on here, the Zeus binding is one of the best boots i have ever rode and the ease in which you get in and out because of the hinge puts them above any other boot. atleast in my book.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2006, 12:24 AM Reply   
I have rode Hyperlite, Liquid Force, Wiley, Airush, and CWB. I proudly own the '06 Zeus with Hinge Tech, the best binding I have ever worn, hands down!

P.S. I laugh when I hear people ask for soap on my boat. Sorry Bra, you gotta bring your own soap, cause I don't use it!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-27-2006, 5:08 AM Reply   
I just bought a pair of Zues and I am still breaking them in. I like them so far. Did anyone else have a hard time breaking these bindings in? They really hurt my feet. I started w/large but my heel was moving up and down. So I got med. and my heel doesn't move but damn do they hurt.
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
zEUS ARE VERY gOOD .sO wHAT IF YOU HAVE TO rEPALCE a lace everyonce in awhile.If you wore your sneakers in the water,you would be doing the same thing.Nice fit.Snug.Cushy Footbed.No slime needed.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
Duffy, Stick a can up under the toe of the boot, then stick it in the bath tub for a while.

Then plant both feet on the board to hold it down, grab ahold of that rubber strap than runs heel-to-heel (over the top of your foot) and pull with both hands. I just stretched out my new Fuses this way.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-27-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
I have had the Faction boots for a few months now. I've had to tweak a few things to get them to my liking. Overall, they are an awesome boot!

Things I've changed:

1) I didn't like the two sets of laces. I was riding the LF Alphas prior to the Faction, so I was used to the single lace system that the Alphas use. The laces on the Factions are way too long. They are too thin as well. One lace broke on me after two sessions of riding.

I removed both sets of laces from the Faction and replaced them with the thicker, single lace from my Alphas. Problem solved!! Now they lace just as tight as before and it's just a whole lot cleaner. No laces getting tangled with each other.

2) The other thing I changed was adding a reinforcement plate that CWB sent me. You may have heard that the hinge on the Faction pops open from time to time. This is true. It's because the Faction doesn't have as much support as the Zeus. Therefore, when you lean back while in the bindings the rear overlay pushes back against the hinge and pops it open.

CWB designed a simple plastic reinforcement insert that you can easily install. It adds support to the rear of the boot only, thus keeping the rear overlay from pushing back against the hinge. An added side effect from this reinforcement piece is that it gives the Faction a little more support in the rear of the boot which really helps with heel side edging. However, the boots are still flexible from side to side. Since adding this reinforcement piece the hinge on my Factions have not popped open once.

All in all, the Faction is the best binding that I have ridden in to date. I have ridden in Byerly's, Alphas, Teams, and the Zeus. What binding a person likes best is definitely a personal preference thing, but so far the Faction has locked my feet in the best without sacrificing comfort. By eliminating heel lift they really make your board much more responsive than boots that don't keep your heel locked down.

That's my .02
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-27-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
i've owned LF Ultras, Sphynx and now Zeus. Like mentioned above, really is not comparison. While the Ultras are simple in design and function, they just don't work for some people. I hated my ultras, the sphynx were ok, Zeus' rock. after 3 rides, i felt like they were broken in. No lube, excellent support and fit, and super comfy.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-27-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Thanks J-rod..
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-27-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Sounds like the Zeus is a winner. Thank you for responses.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-27-2006, 10:21 PM Reply   
I have the Zeus and Torq, and have ridden other bindings including the Hyperlite 3ds closed toe and I would choose my Zeus over any of them. Easy to get out of, tremendous hold, super comfy, no clown shoes
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-28-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Is there anything not to like about the 06 Zeus bindings?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-28-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
The laces could break on you if you ride them ALOT but then all you do is call CWB and have them send you some, no questions asked, no reciepts required.