Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       03-23-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Im in orlando right now and tryin hard to figure out these cable airs... im regular footed rider so i been goin for it right off the start at OWC. I can get off the water but every time i go to pull in i go backroll onto my back... whats the secret to a cable raley i guess or backroll id take either one. THANKS!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-23-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
Go to McCormicks... learning airs there is 1000000000000 times easier for left foot forward riders, once you get it there then take it to OWC.

At McCormicks go all the way around and the last corner before the on where you start is perfect for airs.... then if you fall its a short swim and walk.... just take the corner, get you speed burst then get on edge super hard, then ollie and roll like a normal roll
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-23-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
Take an easy edge away from the cable. Then lay into your cut hard (like a quick flick, edge away from the cable) making the board "J hook" away from the cable. This will cause the board to dig into the water, throwing the board into the air.

Two things to remember...

1) No jumping is involved. If you jump you've screwed up.

2) Get a death grip because the cable will jerk back hard causing you to lose your grip and end up in a bad position.

When you perform the trick look over your shoulder for a backroll. The roll will all happen by itself. Just hang on for the ride.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-23-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Yeah, since you are left foot you should go all the way around and do the trick right after the tower on the starting dock at OWC. You want to do it near the tower because the cable is tighter. Let the carrier go past the turn wheel before you try the trick.
Old     (wakeboarder843)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
Jesse - I work at OWC tomarrow my name is andy Ill teach you how to do them... ps im also from minnesota with relatives in north dakota!
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
jesse, you going to be at OWC tomorrow? I'm still around and I learned air tricks regular first, then switch. I'll help you out if you're around.

best thing to do is edge hard and kind of act like your sitting in a chair. when you're ready to release just continue your edge and flick to the outside, no jumping involved.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       03-23-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Andy! sweet man! I might be heading to Tampa for the day tommorow but if not your my guy! Thanks for the post :-)

Nick where is McCormicks? is that the tampa cable??
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       03-23-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
JD ill watch for you if im there but i might be heading to tampa... i see your from Kansas. Do you know a Chad Bixby from the cable there?!?!
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Yeah Mccormicks is just outside of Tampa in seffner but is closed mondays and tuesdays it's really nice for us regular riders!
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-23-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
Come to Tampa, you will definitly save yourself a beating. At OWC the water is way to rough and you do not get the same lift. It sounds like you are allowing your body to roll, make sure you keep your shoulders squared up to the rope and dont turn your head either direction. It helped me to do a few off of a wakeskate to get the idea.

Let me know when you are coming and I will try to meet you there. Im there all the time anyway.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       03-23-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Andrew! looks like im gonna head to tampa Wed. so if your there i should be there in the afternoon sometime! not totally sure on time yet waitin on seein what my dads thinkin but il be there wed!!! :-)
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-23-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
dont mean to steal the thread but can someone teach me at mccormicks. Im goofey footed (wish I was regular for 1 week) Ill be there april 12-18th thanks
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
jesse, yeah I do know chad, we ride all the time actually...he's originally from ND right?

is mccormicks open now? may have to head there this week....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-23-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
Also I hear the System 2.0 is great for learning cable airs.... head down to the projects for a few hours and get them dialed.
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-23-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
Jesse, sounds good. I will be there on wed from around 2-4. Hopefully I will see you there.

Spin2Win, I would be glad to help you out when you are in town. I operate the cable there a few days a week so I am sure I will see you there. PM me when the time gets closer and I will make sure.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-23-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
Friend of mine created this raley tutorial from our park in Singapore. Its meant for outside cable tricks but you should be able use the edging principles anyway. And its a good visual guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwEQgc72CIA
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-24-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
Great video! That looks like an awesome park.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-24-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
I want to try!
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-24-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
That is a really good tutorial, here is one that describes it in a little more detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbfyjaV2Kng
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-24-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
Juan... I need you to help me figure these out a Fools Fest.

John... I missed you at O-Dub last week, did you not make it out?
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       03-24-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
John-

I'll be around for Fools Fest if you want to give these guys a shot. Pretty simple once you dial in the load technique. On another note-did you ever get your new board- or are you still interested in a Reflex?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-24-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
STL, I was remodeling a bedroom (paint and laminate floor) last weekend for company next month. I remember you saying you were going and got the weekend mixed up. I was looking to see if you were around on Sunday a week ago.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-24-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
John, I'll most def help you out....you'll get it no problem. Chance learned em at the end of the season last year as well...

I was at odub again today and saw that Sasha character ride....huge roll to blinds, he's a sick rider.