Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    ren            05-19-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
Can anyone suggest a good boat alarm?

Two perps tried two break into my boat and steal something.

I say try because they didn't get a chance to actually climb into it. My across the street neighbor seen them cutting the straps that hold the boat cover on, and he called my cell. I went out with my Ruger P944 and if it weren't for my wife screaming don't shoot them I would have fired at their fleeing @ss.

I'm not sure what they were after, but I'm guessing it was my amps, stereo, etc.

I'm looking for an alarm the has a proximity sensor. One that will go off if someone gets within five feet of my boat. I want them deterred before they get close enough to ruin another boat cover. The covers are expensive.

Any advice?
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-19-2005, 3:08 PM Reply   
Rene;

Come see me and I will get you set up. Then after we can go hit the water. Its been a long time.

give me a call some time (209)466 8863

Charles
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-19-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
A friend of a friend had his tower stolen over the weekend in Manteca! I know Manteca, but still! What is this world coming too?? I use a motion sensor alarm I bought at Home depot, It's a 20 decible alarm and is pretty small. Just set it up under the cover and it will go off if someone peeks in. Plus a few motion lights that light up the neighborhood. Nothing beats good neighbors though! Buy that guy a case!!!
Old    davec            05-20-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
thank goodness my boat fits into my garage!
Old    mikep            05-20-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
I just bought this one and I should have it installed by the end of the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Paging alarm and all!

http://asianwolf.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=1068694|1068709&PRID=1392167
Old    mikep            05-20-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
You'll have the cut and past the entire link into your browser...
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-20-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
I have an alarm with a motion sensor (prox sensor), and a mag switch in the seatback where my stereo stuff is. Works great. Check with most alarm guys and they should be able to set you up.

Advice: I know your boat is very important to you, as mine is to me, but remember, it is just property. Going out there with a gun is a good way to get your butt landed in prison. I have seen this happen in the past. I know what you are trying to say, but is not the best way to handle it. An alarm and nosey neighbors are much better.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
Advice: Know the laws of your state and use your resouces accordingly. Also, those wireless webcams are fairly cheap and can log to a hard-drive where the files could be deleted every few days or so. The DCS-900 is ony around $100 or so.

The camera + a dog + a Ruger could give one some pretty good peace of mind.

Following is an example of Arizona State Law

13-407. Justification; use of physical force in defense of premises

A. A person or his agent in lawful possession or control of premises is justified in threatening to use deadly physical force or in threatening or using physical force against another when and to the extent that a reasonable person would believe it immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the premises.

B. A person may use deadly physical force under subsection A only in the defense of himself or third persons as described in sections 13-405 and 13-406.

C. In this section, "premises" means any real property and any structure, movable or immovable, permanent or temporary, adapted for both human residence and lodging whether occupied or not.

13-408. Justification; use of physical force in defense of property

A person is justified in using physical force against another when and to the extent that a reasonable person would believe it necessary to prevent what a reasonable person would believe is an attempt or commission by the other person of theft or criminal damage involving tangible movable property under his possession or control, but such person may use deadly physical force under these circumstances as provided in sections 13-405, 13-406 and 13-411.

13-411. Justification; use of force in crime prevention

A. A person is justified in threatening or using both physical force and deadly physical force against another if and to the extent the person reasonably believes that physical force or deadly physical force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's commission of arson of an occupied structure under section 13-1704, burglary in the second or first degree under section 13-1507 or 13-1508, kidnapping under section 13-1304, manslaughter under section 13-1103, second or first degree murder under section 13-1104 or 13-1105, sexual conduct with a minor under section 13-1405, sexual assault under section 13-1406, child molestation under section 13-1410, armed robbery under section 13-1904, or aggravated assault under section 13-1204, subsection A, paragraphs 1 and 2.

B. There is no duty to retreat before threatening or using deadly physical force justified by subsection A of this section.

C. A person is presumed to be acting reasonably for the purposes of this section if he is acting to prevent the commission of any of the offenses listed in subsection A of this section.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-20-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
Dead men tell no tales.
Old    whitechocolate            05-20-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Rene; They were not after your stereo, They wanted your Sponge Bob inner tube and your Country Music collection, Damm Hillbillys
Old    ren            05-20-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
Grant,

All they have to do is ask and I'll burn them a copy of my Country Music collection, but they'll never get my Sponge Bob inner tube. That's where I draw the line.
Old    mia            05-21-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
lol !!!!